Lookin back at JJ Redick

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

This shows they the NCAA needs to move back the three point line. Expand the court and the talent will show even more. Look at how a guy like him took a long time to scratch in the NBA.
Are you saying you want the NCAA court to be longer and/or wider than the NBA? or just move the 3pt line?
College basketball is already horrible enough because people cant shoot, no need for people to shoot further away.

And that 1st video was not impressive at all. i know im no jj redick, but i got the same range in that video
The closer 3 pt line only encourages dudes that should be dribbling up and shooting a 15 footer to step back and fire a shot they have no business shooting. It also allows better than average shooters to look that much better because they are firing from actual NBA range. It might also expand the court so that big men could actually make moves in the post rather than having a packed paint where there is no room to move because it is easier for guards to collapse down on you. That same ability to collapse because your defending from closer in allows those shooters to feast because guys are so far down.

I also look at the failure of college to create better professional players. I think the shot clock should be changed as well. I'm not saying make it the NBA where you run ISO plays constantly, but make it more similar to the pro game.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

This shows they the NCAA needs to move back the three point line. Expand the court and the talent will show even more. Look at how a guy like him took a long time to scratch in the NBA.
Are you saying you want the NCAA court to be longer and/or wider than the NBA? or just move the 3pt line?
College basketball is already horrible enough because people cant shoot, no need for people to shoot further away.

And that 1st video was not impressive at all. i know im no jj redick, but i got the same range in that video
The closer 3 pt line only encourages dudes that should be dribbling up and shooting a 15 footer to step back and fire a shot they have no business shooting. It also allows better than average shooters to look that much better because they are firing from actual NBA range. It might also expand the court so that big men could actually make moves in the post rather than having a packed paint where there is no room to move because it is easier for guards to collapse down on you. That same ability to collapse because your defending from closer in allows those shooters to feast because guys are so far down.

I also look at the failure of college to create better professional players. I think the shot clock should be changed as well. I'm not saying make it the NBA where you run ISO plays constantly, but make it more similar to the pro game.

^ And for good reason. Salim definitely deserves to be in that same sentence, if not ahead of him. He's one of my favorite players of all time, but y'all are seriously slighting his accomplishments if you don't think he's on that level.
Salim shot 46% from beyond the arc...for his entire career. He shot over 50% his senior season
sick.gif
are you @#$!%%$ kidding me?!

I will say JJ had the bigger overall impact on games, but I'm sorry, Salim is THE best 3-point shooter I have ever seen. 

^ And for good reason. Salim definitely deserves to be in that same sentence, if not ahead of him. He's one of my favorite players of all time, but y'all are seriously slighting his accomplishments if you don't think he's on that level.
Salim shot 46% from beyond the arc...for his entire career. He shot over 50% his senior season
sick.gif
are you @#$!%%$ kidding me?!

I will say JJ had the bigger overall impact on games, but I'm sorry, Salim is THE best 3-point shooter I have ever seen. 

No one touching Reddick when it come to shooting the ball. And this dude is a 6'3 white guy who shoot the ball over 6'7 6'9 defender like it's nothing . Too bad he's doesn't have the athlecism to be a good consistent NBA baller.

No one touching Reddick when it come to shooting the ball. And this dude is a 6'3 white guy who shoot the ball over 6'7 6'9 defender like it's nothing . Too bad he's doesn't have the athlecism to be a good consistent NBA baller.

Back
Top Bottom