Lookin back at JJ Redick

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Most hated college players? How could you forget this guy?

syracuse.jpg

There is a difference in being hated because you are talented, and being hated because you're a douche.

JJ in college was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

He had so many shots that I didn't even need to see if they went it, I just knew they were cash as soon as he raised up.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by af1 1982

In all honesty, Steph Curry was an amazing player in college. But he didn't have the competition that JJ had to play night in and night out. Dude consistently put up 30+ in the ACC his senior year. And this is coming from a UNC fan who hates JJ just as much as anyone else

Thank you.
ACC > this conference 

Appalachian St.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaab/teams/aapChattanooga
Elon
N.C. Greensboro
Samford
Western Carolina

South 
Charleston
Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford
I would love to see what JJ would do to this conference if he was averaging 30+ in the ACC.

Macnamara was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the success that curry had in college AND  is now having in the nba.. you don't think he would be capable of doing the same things jj did at duke?

did any of curry's teammates even sniff the NBA? let alone the 1st round? hell the top 10 of the draft?

did curry have one of the greatest college coaches EVER at davidson?

anyways.. I'll agree that duke plays in a far better conference (someone would be crazy to disagree).. but if you took both players off of their teams, duke would DESTROY davidson.. however, with both players there, curry gives davidson a chance (check what he was able to do in the NCAA tournament.. you know the same one duke played in)

There's a reason Curry wasn't at Duke. Cause he wasnt as good. At least coming out of high school.
You can say he had the best coach ever but Coach K wasnt the guy cashin 30 foot jumpers.

Actually Redick had balls to be taking those shots under a coach like K. They went in though.

Not saying he Curry wasn't good though. Curry woulda been real nice at Duke too. He did a dam good job making a name for himself at Davidson.

I simply dont think its close that Curry was better then Redick in college. Don't care who's doing better now.

In all honesty, Steph Curry was an amazing player in college. But he didn't have the competition that JJ had to play night in and night out. Dude consistently put up 30+ in the ACC his senior year. And this is coming from a UNC fan who hates JJ just as much as anyone else

Thank you.
ACC > this conference 

Appalachian St.

Elon
N.C. Greensboro
Samford
Western Carolina

South 
Charleston
Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford
I would love to see what JJ would do to this conference if he was averaging 30+ in the ACC.

Macnamara was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
considering the success that curry had in college AND  is now having in the nba.. you don't think he would be capable of doing the same things jj did at duke?

did any of curry's teammates even sniff the NBA? let alone the 1st round? hell the top 10 of the draft?

anyways.. I'll agree that duke plays in a far better conference (someone would be crazy to disagree).. but if you took both players off of their teams, duke would DESTROY davidson.. however, with both players there, curry gives davidson a chance (check what he was able to do in the NCAA tournament.. you know the same one duke played in)

There's a reason Curry wasn't at Duke. Cause he wasnt as good. At least coming out of high school.
You can say he had the best coach ever but Coach K wasnt the guy cashin 30 foot jumpers.

Actually Redick had balls to be taking those shots under a coach like K. They went in though.

Not saying he Curry wasn't good though. Curry woulda been real nice at Duke too. He did a dam good job making a name for himself at Davidson.

I simply dont think its close that Curry was better then Redick in college. Don't care who's doing better now.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

syracuse.jpg

There is a difference in being hated because you are talented, and being hated because you're a douche.

JJ in college was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

He had so many shots that I didn't even need to see if they went it, I just knew they were cash as soon as he raised up.
Douche? According to who? I went to school with him and if anything he kept a very low profile minus a few incidents here and there. He often had the game to back it up. He wasn't a pro prospect by any means but he damn sure wasn't a bum. People didn't like his on court persona but if anything it worked.

syracuse.jpg

JJ in college was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Douche? According to who? I went to school with him and if anything he kept a very low profile minus a few incidents here and there. He often had the game to back it up. He wasn't a pro prospect by any means but he damn sure wasn't a bum. People didn't like his on court persona but if anything it worked.

I saw Devendorf walking down the street the other day, I live in Melbourne, Australia - he plays for Melbourne Tigers.

Last game he was jawing at some other couldn't-quite-make-NBA guy, %*++ was hilarious. Swagger on one thousand trillion

I saw Devendorf walking down the street the other day, I live in Melbourne, Australia - he plays for Melbourne Tigers.

Last game he was jawing at some other couldn't-quite-make-NBA guy, %*++ was hilarious. Swagger on one thousand trillion

Thank you.
ACC > this conference 

Appalachian St.

Elon
N.C. Greensboro
Samford
Western Carolina

South 
Charleston
Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford

Macnamara was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

based on what though?

curry's shooting percentages are better AND POINTS PER GAME ARE BETTER

he took davidson to the elite 8.. DAVIDSON.. and lost by 2 points to the eventually champs kansas

reddick went to the sweet 16 3 times.. and final four..

again.. please go and look at the TEAMMATES that both players had.. and then think about it.. curry was davidson's only option and was still unstoppable, teams couldn't even consider doing that with duke

Thank you.
ACC > this conference 

Appalachian St.

Elon
N.C. Greensboro
Samford
Western Carolina

South 
Charleston
Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford

Macnamara was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

based on what though?

he took davidson to the elite 8.. DAVIDSON.. and lost by 2 points to the eventually champs kansas

again.. please go and look at the TEAMMATES that both players had.. and then think about it.. curry was davidson's only option and was still unstoppable, teams couldn't even consider doing that with duke

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Wow! 
eek.gif
 Devendorf is playing in Australia? I would've chose Devendorf over Rautins any given day. 

Wow! 
eek.gif
 Devendorf is playing in Australia? I would've chose Devendorf over Rautins any given day. 

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Wow! 
eek.gif
Yep. Boeheim wouldn't renew his or Paul Harris' scholarships for the 09-10 year and he was essentially "forced" out although he had a redshirt for when he tore his ACL the year before. He had already graduated in the four year span so he just would have needed to enroll in a Masters program. I would have loved to have him on last year's team.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Wow! 
eek.gif
Yep. Boeheim wouldn't renew his or Paul Harris' scholarships for the 09-10 year and he was essentially "forced" out although he had a redshirt for when he tore his ACL the year before. He had already graduated in the four year span so he just would have needed to enroll in a Masters program. I would have loved to have him on last year's team.

syracuse.jpg

JJ in college was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Well I've always thought of Devendorf as a douche because he hit a female student and any other student would have been kicked out of the school, yet he was hardly punished. Not his fault, but just kind of shows how athletes are treated differently. And I just don't get down with people who hit females.

I just think people disliked Devendorf for different reasons than JJ and it was not nearly on the level of the hate that JJ got. plus JJ just had so many more crazy games, its really not close in that respect.

syracuse.jpg

JJ in college was just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Well I've always thought of Devendorf as a douche because he hit a female student and any other student would have been kicked out of the school, yet he was hardly punished. Not his fault, but just kind of shows how athletes are treated differently. And I just don't get down with people who hit females.

I just think people disliked Devendorf for different reasons than JJ and it was not nearly on the level of the hate that JJ got. plus JJ just had so many more crazy games, its really not close in that respect.

Thank you.
ACC > this conference 

Appalachian St.

Elon
N.C. Greensboro
Samford
Western Carolina

South 
Charleston
Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford

Macnamara was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

based on what though?

Your making a good argument, its arguable. The teammates thing goes both ways, yea he had worse teammates but he was playing no talent. Redick had better teammates but he was playing better competition. Even if he had better teammates, its not like they were the whole reason he was the best player in all of college at the time. Like coach k didnt put the ball through the hole from 30 feet out, neither did his teammates. No one was doing what he did. He was gaurded so heavily for the 3 that the only shots he could get were from 5-10 feet out. And he still drained him. He was ungaurdable, unless you wanted to full court pressure him the whole game. 
FTR i know this shouldnt factor into the argument a whole lot. But Redick was the 7th in the country for all positions. 2nd at SG behind McCants. Curry was ranked 189th in the country.

Again there's a reason Curry wasnt at Duke playing with better talent. Cause he wasnt as good as Redick

Thank you.
ACC > this conference 

Appalachian St.

Elon
N.C. Greensboro
Samford
Western Carolina

South 
Charleston
Citadel
Davidson
Furman
Georgia Southern
Wofford

Macnamara was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

based on what though?

Your making a good argument, its arguable. The teammates thing goes both ways, yea he had worse teammates but he was playing no talent. Redick had better teammates but he was playing better competition. Even if he had better teammates, its not like they were the whole reason he was the best player in all of college at the time. Like coach k didnt put the ball through the hole from 30 feet out, neither did his teammates. No one was doing what he did. He was gaurded so heavily for the 3 that the only shots he could get were from 5-10 feet out. And he still drained him. He was ungaurdable, unless you wanted to full court pressure him the whole game. 
FTR i know this shouldnt factor into the argument a whole lot. But Redick was the 7th in the country for all positions. 2nd at SG behind McCants. Curry was ranked 189th in the country.

Again there's a reason Curry wasnt at Duke playing with better talent. Cause he wasnt as good as Redick

since you want to keep harping on competition.. why do you dismiss what each player has done in the NBA? is that not a leveled playing field by which we can judge?

curry in his rookie season (1 year removed for college) was able to find success in the nba, both as a player AND from 3pt range (43%)

reddick was a good shooter (38%), but not 43% good

and it's laughable to talk about high school rankings.. A TON of players weren't highly rated coming into college.. does that make them better or worse shooters in the COLLEGE game

we have college stats we can compare, CURRY IS BETTER.. duke will always be better than davidson, WITH OR WITHOUT REDDICK.. curry was 2 points away from leading DAVIDSON past the eventual champs.. duke won the national title last year and are ranked first again this year, where has davidson been without curry?

name 1 game at duke where the opposing team devoted 2/3 players to reddick EVERY TIME they came down the floor

since you want to keep harping on competition.. why do you dismiss what each player has done in the NBA? is that not a leveled playing field by which we can judge?

curry in his rookie season (1 year removed for college) was able to find success in the nba, both as a player AND from 3pt range (43%)

reddick was a good shooter (38%), but not 43% good

and it's laughable to talk about high school rankings.. A TON of players weren't highly rated coming into college.. does that make them better or worse shooters in the COLLEGE game

we have college stats we can compare, CURRY IS BETTER.. duke will always be better than davidson, WITH OR WITHOUT REDDICK.. curry was 2 points away from leading DAVIDSON past the eventual champs.. duke won the national title last year and are ranked first again this year, where has davidson been without curry?

name 1 game at duke where the opposing team devoted 2/3 players to reddick EVERY TIME they came down the floor

Back
Top Bottom