Looking back at MLB Predictions Vol. at the midway now

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ It's fitting that you got rid of the word 'contender' and put 'Yankees'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Alright. You got me on that one. Don't hold your breath for the Twinkies though.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

What if by some act of god

Vernon Wells is 100 million dollar Vernon again...
Overbay hits .300 again with 20 bombs...
Rios goes realizes his potential and hits 30/30...
Scott Rollen plays well, hits like 20 bombs combined with gold glove...
Travis Snider becomes god and beasts like crazy like Braun...
Aaron Hill plays like Aaron hill.

I mean at that point we may have one of the best pitching staffs in the AL, the best fielding in the AL, and good hitting, I mean couldn't we be competitive.
In 2004 this same group was one of the best offense in the league, then we suddenly became the worst due to injuries and bad luck.

Or am I just deluding my self?
frown.gif

this is not delusion, but it's a bit reaching. out of all the things you mentioned i think vernon and snider will breakout this year. I've kinda losthope in rolen and hill will remain consistent but won't break out

Lincecum will def battle for that Cy Young award, but if Johan can get some saves out of his pen this season he will def. be 1st or 2nd in voting (if hepitches the way he did last season).

The Blue Jays talk is not delusional, but you can't expect much out of Rolen nowadays he is wayyy too injury prone at this stage of his career.

Houston Astros will have a horrible 1st half then have a 2nd half run to give me false hope again
laugh.gif

So how's Lance Berkman going to do this year? He didn't have a very good September but for a season 29 HRs and 106 RBI not occurring in the Steroid Erais pretty good
laugh.gif

He also had a .312 BA
smokin.gif
..so how's he going to do?
nerd.gif

Mets didn't outbid anyone, shoot nobody even made an offer for K-Rod because the market for closers wasn't there, so the Mets played the waiting game, made a low offer, and K-Rod took it.

Of course CC was expensive but nobody even made an offer to the guy yet, Yankees outbid themselves playing hardball and once he said he wanted to pitch for a West Coast team they had to up their original price by 20M (and dude STILL didn't even get an offer yet from anyone). I don't know how you can compare the two scenarios. Mets weren't desperate, the Yankees were. Burnett is another example of a desperate move, a move that needed to be made (although he is an injury prone avg pitcher) but still a desperate one.
Agreed. The Mets played the free agent market well this off season. They had a need, late inning relief, and they went about fixing that need bygetting Rodriguez and Putz.

In the end this off season the tale was how it was a buyers market, teams had the upper hand. Unless if you are talking about the Yankees bidding againstthemselves, and the Giants foolishly rushing to give Edgar Renteria a 2 year $18 million deal. If they would have waited, they could have got him at a cheaperrate.

Predictions:

AL East: Tampa Bay Rays
AL Central: Minnesota Twins (Team on the rise: Kansas City Royals)
AL West: Oakland A's (Team on the rise: Texas Rangers)
Wild Card: Boston Red Sox

ALDS
Rays vs. A's
Twins vs. Red Sox

ALCS
Rays vs. Twins

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies
NL Central: Chicago Cubs
NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers
Wild Card: New York Mets

NLDS
Phillies vs. Cubs
Dodgers vs. Mets

So how's Lance Berkman going to do this year? He didn't have a very good September but for a season 29 HRs and 106 RBI not occurring in the Steroid Era is pretty good
laugh.gif

He also had a .312 BA
smokin.gif
nerd.gif
I don't see any reason why he wont be as consistent as usual.

AL MVP: Matt Holiday
NL MVP: Hanley Ramirez

AL Cy Young: Francisco Liriano
NL Cy Young: Edinson Volquez

AL East Champs: Yankees
AL Central Champs: Twins
AL West Champs: Oakland As
AL Wild Card: Red Sox

AL Champs: Yankees

NL East Champs: Phillies
NL Central Champs: Cubs
NL West Champs: Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Marlins

NL Champs: Marlins

World Series Champs: Yankees in 6

This thread is straight comedy.

"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house." - ELIJAH DUKES THE BEAST

roll.gif

What in the hell?

Originally Posted by air in822

So how's Lance Berkman going to do this year? He didn't have a very good September but for a season 29 HRs and 106 RBI not occurring in the Steroid Era is pretty good
laugh.gif

He also had a .312 BA
smokin.gif
nerd.gif
I don't see any reason why he wont be as consistent as usual.

He will be our best player like normal. only coming back from his ACL tear did he have a down year. i want to see how Lee does this year. started to heat upuntil he went out for the season last year.

I'm interested to see how Quentin bounces back from that broken wrist...

Dude had a breakout season last year...

HR #s
2006 w/ ARZ: 9
2007 w/ ARZ: 5
2008 w/ CWS: 36
eek.gif

Granted, he only played 57 major league games in 2006 and 81 in 2007 but still...talk about a breakout year. If he had played during September last year he potentially could've gotten to 45
smokin.gif

Steroids?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Houston Astros will have a horrible 1st half then have a 2nd half run to give me false hope again
laugh.gif
lol lets hope they dont pull that again
roll.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

HR #s
eek.gif

Granted, he only played 57 major league games in 2006 and 81 in 2007 but still...talk about a breakout year. If he had played during September last year he potentially could've gotten to 45
smokin.gif

Steroids?

US Cellular Field is a home run hitters park?

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

HR #s
eek.gif

smokin.gif

Steroids?

US Cellular Field is a home run hitters park?
We all thought it was the Ballpark in Arlington that helped A-Rod.

This isn't too far fetched. He was on roids.

I can't throw out too many predictions but I will say this:

The NL Central race will be close again despite many people believing the Cubs will win the division by 10+ games.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

This thread is straight comedy.

"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house." - ELIJAH DUKES THE BEAST

roll.gif

What in the hell?

Elijah Dukes left that message on his ex-wife's phone, dawg.

Let me get my homer pick in now and say Phillies winning the NL East and yall can pick whoever else in whatever order you want to.

laugh.gif
Thread is crazy.

All I know is that these folks better have monster years.

Russell Martin
Lance Berkman
Chone Figgins
Melvin Mora
Derek Jeter
Alfonso Soriano
Magglio Ordonez
Brad Hawpe
Orlando Hudson
Casey Blake
Jose Guillen
Roy Halladay