Looking Back Kingdome Come Got Alot Of Unwarranted Hate

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehhh...

Vol. 3 is FAR from wack...

Take off 'S.Carter' and 'Pop 4 Rock'

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"Hova Song (Intro)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Rob, J. Hendrix[/td] [td]K-Rob[/td] [td]Pain in da #%$[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"So Ghetto"[/td] [td]S. Carter, C. Martin, S. Crooper, B. Miles[/td] [td]DJ Premier[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, D. Grant, A. Whitehead, D. Stinson[/td] [td]Rockwilder[/td] [td]Beanie Sigel and Amil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Dope Man"[/td] [td]S. Carter[/td] [td]DJ Clue, Darrell 'Digga' Branch, Ken "Duro" Ifill, Lance 'UN' Rivera (co-producer)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"Things That U Do"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Dean, K. Joshua[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]Mariah Carey[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]"It's Hot (Some Like It Hot)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, T. Mosley[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]"Snoopy Track"[/td] [td]S. Carter, T. Gray, T. Mosley[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]Juvenile[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]"S. Carter"[/td] [td]S. Carter, A. Whitehead, R. Howard, S. Francis[/td] [td]Russell "Russ" Howard, Sean "SAF" Francis, Chauncey Mahan (co-producer)[/td] [td]Amil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]"Pop 4 Roc"[/td] [td]S. Carter, A. Whitehead, D. Grant, M. Cox, E. Shaw, K. Ifill[/td] [td]DJ Clue, Ken "Duro" Ifill[/td] [td]Amil, Beanie Sigel, and Memphis Bleek[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]"Watch Me"[/td] [td]S. Carter, I. Lorenzo, R. Mays[/td] [td]Irv Gotti and Lil' Rob[/td] [td]Dr. Dre[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]"Big Pimpin'"[/td] [td]S. Carter, B. Freeman, C. Butler, T. Mosley, K. Joshua[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]UGK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]"There's Been a Murder"[/td] [td]S. Carter, R. Howard, S. Francis, A. Davis[/td] [td]Russell "Russ" Howard, Sean "SAF" Francis, Chauncey Mahan (co-producer)[/td] [td]Alana Davis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]"Come and Get Me"[/td] [td]S. Carter, T. Mosley[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]"NYMP"[/td] [td]S. Carter, D. Stinson, B. Russell[/td] [td]Rockwilder[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]"Hova Song (Outro)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Rob, J. Hendrix[/td] [td]K-Rob[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*[/td] [td]"Jigga My ##@%#"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Dean[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*[/td] [td]"Girl's Best Friend"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Dean[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]Theresa Rodriguez[/td] [/tr][/table]
This was a wack album???? GTFOOH.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I wasn't feelin NYMP at all

Snoopy Track is one of the hottest Timbo Jay collabs of all time..Definition of Crack
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TW3EK

i bet money if these pellas released alot more people would like it... its really those beats... #!! was he thinking? #!! was dre thinkin when he made them *!!!#?

me and jape had this conversation in some previous post. and I agree 100%.

when i first listened to it i thought the first five tracks were solid...then after that i was all "what the **%+?"
smh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

The prelude, and Do U Wanna Ride are some of Jay's best work.
Lost Ones, Beach Chair, Kingdom Come, and Minority Report are all good songs.
And Hollywood....well, I know 75% of NT is caught up in their own individual wanna-be tough-guy personas to actually even give a song like this a chance. But this song is actually a damn good song. Lyrics on point, vocals on point (bridge is insane), the production actually sonically captures the theme of the song.

Everything else is pretty much a wash for me. Some Ok joints, some not-so-OK.

I say 3.75. An album that I'd never throw-on for a full listen threw, but which has songs that will always get replayed individually.

I agree 100% with this analysis. And yes Hollywood is a very underrated song. Trouble is also a fav of mine and I would give the album a 4/5 rating.

CD almost has a replay factor of zero in my book.

Interesting that he immediately dropped a "concept" album right after.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

CD almost has a replay factor of zero in my book.

Interesting that he immediately dropped a "concept" album right after.
I don't quite agree wit the fact that it has a replay factor of zero.....To me, lyrically, he went in.....i agree wit the post a few back that saidthat the lyrics didn't quite match up to the production.....but The Prelude, Trouble, Minority Report, Beach Chair, are all bangers......Do U Wanna Ride isthe perfect way to talk to your dudes that's locked up.......Kingdom Come is a BANGER....This album is filled wit HEAT......although it doesn't quiteadd up to the rest because the focus was different......Now I don't think it was appropriate for that time though......I think he should have come withAmerican Gangster first.....That would have gotten everybody riding his coattail again and then he could have used that influence to have everyone growup......instead he tried to grow up through the lyrics and then seen that it wasn't accepted as well so he decided to give us what we were askingfor......I just think that if A.G. would have come out before K.C. that album would have been received a lot better......
wink.gif

I agree wholeheartedly.

I appreciate it for what it is, because Jay showed his growth. I mean, dude is old, worth ajfkedillions, if he rapped like he was still in the streets then itwouldn't be believable. Kind of like Rakim now, at a certain point you ain't in the hood anymore.

Dudes need to learn to judge music for what it is now. Illmatic isn't dropping next week, neither is Reasonable Doubt. Hell, the Blueprint isn't comingout. (I feel like Jim Calhoun
laugh.gif
) Kingdom Come, for being as 'wack' as it was was still one of the best albums of the year.

Snoopy Track is one of the hottest Timbo Jay collabs of all time..Definition of Crack
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yep. Here's how I rank em...

Jigga What, Jigga Who 1
Paper Chase 6
It's Hot (Some Like It Hot) 7
Snoopy Track 3
Big Pimpin' 4
Come and Get Me 5
Hola Hovito 9
What They Gonna Do 10
The Bounce 8
2 Many #+%* 11
Dirt Off Your Shoulder 2

All I have to contribute is

The Prelude (BiggBiznessInstrumental) - Jay-Z

Beat was vicious�
sick.gif
then the lyrics

Hovi said:
Just sent a million dollars through a hands free
That's big money talk, can you answer me?
Before the answer was a 3
I was down in Georgetown with a Hoya chick, lawyer chick
Sure he's rich now cause he saw the #*+!, all this #*+!
That's why they call him Hov', cause he came before all this #*+!
Bought a 6, quarter seven, skipped on them quarter eights
Bought a 9 for non-stop glock work all the time
Woo! Guess who's back?
Since this is a new era, got a fresh new hat
Ten year veteran, I've been set
I've been through with this *%#!##%$ game but I never quit
I used to think rapping at 38 was ill
But last year alone I grossed 38 mill'
I know I ain't quite 38 but still
The flow so (Special) got a (38) feel
The real is back, hehehehe

hov just need to gone and drop them pellas...

along wit RD and volumes 1-3... just for the hell of it...

and i think anybody could make dynasty sound better... change the game has always been a terrible beat to me... lol...

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yep. Here's how I rank em...

Jigga What, Jigga Who 1
Paper Chase 6
It's Hot (Some Like It Hot) 7
Snoopy Track 3
Big Pimpin' 4
Come and Get Me 5
Hola Hovito 9
What They Gonna Do 10
The Bounce 8
2 Many #+%* 11
Dirt Off Your Shoulder 2

eek.gif

and I gotta say, yea The Prelude was sick and Hov ripped it to shreds, but the beat is nearly identical to a track on Madlib's Quasimoto project from 2000.It just takes a little away from it.

Ehhh...

Vol. 3 is FAR from wack...

Take off 'S.Carter' and 'Pop 4 Rock'
true story.

KC was alright but it lost replay value. FAST.

I'm just learning how to appreciate Vol II. and right after RD, i think Vol I is his best album.

Deja Vu??

That %%** was TRASH . . . Point blank period, Jay Z being the artist who made it is the only reason some people are willing to say otherwise . . . Album SUCKS. . .

The best track Jay-Z has done with Timbo is 'Is That Yo B*tch'.
pimp.gif
Followed by Come And Get Me and Hola Hovito imo.

Kingdom Come was average at best.

I'm gonna keep it funky on this one...I only liked the first and last tracks on this album...the rest just wasn't interesting to me

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by fantabolous

American Gangster>>>>>>>>>kingdome come

kc is aight tho

eek.gif
Wow, I don't think anyone ever noticed that. This man speaks the truth.

lol come on i mean kc did sell like 1000000 its 1st week and AG just went platinum..i guess i was a lil redundant
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom