Looking Back Kingdome Come Got Alot Of Unwarranted Hate

First I would be first to admit that KC was a subpar album with the likes of Vol 3 & Dynasty... but don't get it twisted its not the "trashalbum" alot of individuals try to make it out to be -- its definitely not Jay's Nastradamus. I think they were many factors as to why the album was sotrashed by alot of cats.. first people expected Jay to come back with this Blueprint type album as his return album and he did the total opposite.... then youhad the whole popularity of The Dips and Jay was seen as old news.. which created the whole "Jordan on the Wizards" phrase that many ran with.Lyrically KC is very good, just look at the word play on Minority Report, The Prelude, Trouble, Do You Wanna Ride... the production is really the downfall ofthe album, the lyrics just didn't match up with the production.. it didn't flow as smoothly as with past Jay albums. Tracks 7 -10 are really thestandout sub par tracks.. i don't know what son was thinking when he added those tracks, just a pure definition of filler. Take those 4 tracks off and thisalbum could have been very good. Another noticeable thing is that this album does not have have any certified bangers, every Jay-z album in the past hasnoticable anthems... Dirt Of Your Shoulder, You Don't Know, The Watcher, Big Pimpin, Give It To Me and etc. With all that said i still think it was adecent effort by Jay, i wouldn't argue with anyone who said KC was mediocre but alot of the hate it got was because people didn't even try to give it achance.

1. The Prelude [5/5]
2. Oh My God [4/5 ]
3. Kingdom Come [3.5/5]
4. Show Me What You Got [4/5]
5. Lost One [3.5/5]
6. Do U Wanna Ride [4/5]
7. 30 Something [3.5/5]
8. I Made It [3/5]
9. Anything [2/5]
10. Hollywood [2/5]
11. Trouble [4/5]
12. Dig A Hole [4/5]
13. Minority Report [4.5/5]
14. Beach Chair [5/5]

Avg: 3.5

laugh.gif

i would never call vol 3 or dynasty subpar at all..those had plenty of bangers, hits and classic tracks on them.
Anything, Trouble and Hollywood really bodied this album being back to back to back. Some of the worst jay songs ever created. No Timbland and 1 kanyeain't gonna be good..Its like T.I without Toomp

Not only is this by far his worst album, but it's blasphemy to compare this trash to Vol 3 and Dynasty, both solid albums

The beats on this were not good
The rapping wasn't either

The Dynasty is better than this, its only better than Vol 3...

obviously its not 'trash' for normal artist standards, but for Jay its a subpar effort, just had a boring %!* vibe to it, not what you expect fromJay...

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

i would never call vol 3 or dynasty subpar at all..those had plenty of bangers, hits and classic tracks on them.
Anything, Trouble and Hollywood really bodied this album being back to back to back. Some of the worst jay songs ever created. No Timbland and 1 kanye ain't gonna be good..Its like T.I without Toomp

Dynasty album is very subpar only tracks i rock with are Intro, Soon You'll Understand, This Cant be Life, Where Have You Been, 1-900... Just Wanna LoveYa, Streets Is Talking & You, Me, Him... everything else is forgetable and Vol 3 is imo his worst effort.
The beats on this were not good
The rapping wasn't either
strongly disagree

obviously its not 'trash' for normal artist standards, but for Jay its a subpar effort, just had a boring %!* vibe to it, not what you expect from Jay...
yeah that would summorize my view of the album in 1 sentence.

The prelude, and Do U Wanna Ride are some of Jay's best work.
Lost Ones, Beach Chair, Kingdom Come, and Minority Report are all good songs.
And Hollywood....well, I know 75% of NT is caught up in their own individual wanna-be tough-guy personas to actually even give a song like this a chance. Butthis song is actually a damn good song. Lyrics on point, vocals on point (bridge is insane), the production actually sonically captures the theme of the song.

Everything else is pretty much a wash for me. Some Ok joints, some not-so-OK.

I say 3.75. An album that I'd never throw-on for a full listen threw, but which has songs that will always get replayed individually.

i bet money if these pellas released alot more people would like it... its really those beats... #!! was he thinking? #!! was dre thinkin when he made them*!!!#?

Ill never understand the constant hate for Vol 3. I understand that, it has some fillers.
But the last about 4 songs ended that cd so stronly to me, I cant understand it.
But ehh, maybe cuz Im old.

vol 3 is crack... people dont like it cuz it was too "commercial"... jay was flat out rippin that @$%!... they just mad cuz he was #%#%#% wit tim...

Ehhh...

Vol. 3 is FAR from wack...

Take off 'S.Carter' and 'Pop 4 Rock'

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]"Hova Song (Intro)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Rob, J. Hendrix[/td] [td]K-Rob[/td] [td]Pain in da #%$[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]"So Ghetto"[/td] [td]S. Carter, C. Martin, S. Crooper, B. Miles[/td] [td]DJ Premier[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]"Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, D. Grant, A. Whitehead, D. Stinson[/td] [td]Rockwilder[/td] [td]Beanie Sigel and Amil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]"Dope Man"[/td] [td]S. Carter[/td] [td]DJ Clue, Darrell 'Digga' Branch, Ken "Duro" Ifill, Lance 'UN' Rivera (co-producer)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]"Things That U Do"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Dean, K. Joshua[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]Mariah Carey[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]"It's Hot (Some Like It Hot)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, T. Mosley[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]"Snoopy Track"[/td] [td]S. Carter, T. Gray, T. Mosley[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]Juvenile[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]"S. Carter"[/td] [td]S. Carter, A. Whitehead, R. Howard, S. Francis[/td] [td]Russell "Russ" Howard, Sean "SAF" Francis, Chauncey Mahan (co-producer)[/td] [td]Amil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]"Pop 4 Roc"[/td] [td]S. Carter, A. Whitehead, D. Grant, M. Cox, E. Shaw, K. Ifill[/td] [td]DJ Clue, Ken "Duro" Ifill[/td] [td]Amil, Beanie Sigel, and Memphis Bleek[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]"Watch Me"[/td] [td]S. Carter, I. Lorenzo, R. Mays[/td] [td]Irv Gotti and Lil' Rob[/td] [td]Dr. Dre[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]"Big Pimpin'"[/td] [td]S. Carter, B. Freeman, C. Butler, T. Mosley, K. Joshua[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]UGK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]"There's Been a Murder"[/td] [td]S. Carter, R. Howard, S. Francis, A. Davis[/td] [td]Russell "Russ" Howard, Sean "SAF" Francis, Chauncey Mahan (co-producer)[/td] [td]Alana Davis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]"Come and Get Me"[/td] [td]S. Carter, T. Mosley[/td] [td]Timbaland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]"NYMP"[/td] [td]S. Carter, D. Stinson, B. Russell[/td] [td]Rockwilder[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]"Hova Song (Outro)"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Rob, J. Hendrix[/td] [td]K-Rob[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*[/td] [td]"Jigga My ##@%#"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Dean[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*[/td] [td]"Girl's Best Friend"[/td] [td]S. Carter, K. Dean[/td] [td]Swizz Beatz[/td] [td]Theresa Rodriguez[/td] [/tr][/table]
This was a wack album???? GTFOOH.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

so clue/duro/ AND digga made dopeman...

where the !%*+ is digga now? dude was dope...

Originally Posted by TW3EK

so clue/duro/ AND digga made dopeman...

where the !%*+ is digga now? dude was dope...
I always though Clue made it by himself, and I was confused because the beat was so good (Dope man).

Now I know why.....

They call me Dope Man, Dope Man
I try to tell 'em I'm where hope, floats man
Ghetto spokes-man

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehhh...

Vol. 3 is FAR from wack...

Take off 'S.Carter' and 'Pop 4 Rock'

This was a wack album???? GTFOOH.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Now point out where i said Vol 3 was wack
laugh.gif
... I said its his"worst effort" & "subpar" imo, few gems but ehhh can't sit through that album does not mean i think the album iswack just don't care much for it.

Back
Top Bottom