Looking for suggestions on laptops

I'm in the market for a laptop but looking for some suggestions on what kind and best place to buy. I'm just going to be using it for school and stuff like that so I don't really need anything too special, but I want to get the best deal for my money. Any advice?

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Once you go mac, you never go back.

listen to guy
made the switch last summer and don't regret it one bit 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Damn are mac's really that much better? What makes them so great?

I used to say the same thing. It's hard to explain, you have to OWN one, because simply trying it at the store won't do it justice. The OS runs so damn smooth, the settings are easy to mess with, and the hardware itself looks
pimp.gif

just picked up a new mbp a week ago. upgraded from a 6 year old macbook. i still use a pc but rarely now since most of the programs are available on pc and mac.

If u want good deals go to www. Cowboom. Com Ive always been a pc guy but. Recently copped a macbook 2011 model off that site for 869. 99 total. They also have good deals on pc's

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Damn are mac's really that much better? What makes them so great?

pimp.gif
never, ever break. No viruses, ever. At all. Never. They do anything & everything.
It's 2012, if you aint using a mac it's because you are living that ebt minimum wage lifestyle and need to step you game up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Once you go mac, you never go back.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Once you pull out your Macbook in Class or in Study Hall you got the females on other side of the room going
smile.gif
nerd.gif
and all the dudes who have that bull crap acer netbook they bought off ebay with the
mad.gif
eyes.gif
"showoff" face.

Trust me on this....Macs can lead to sex.

*disclaimer*
Must have game and sex is not guarantee (maybe some head if you get lucky).

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Lenovo if you're not a mac guy.

This. I just bought one and the hardware is great. My previous two laptops were a Toshiba and an HP (never again) and I must say Lenovo's are much better.

Macs are a good investment, albeit a pricey one. I just get the feeling they're more for show/bragging rights than anything. They look nice, sleek, and simple. If you don't run any software that requires a ton of processing/GPU power, you should be ok with a Mac.

They're almost idiot-proof, too. One time, I was looking for a certain menu item and a drop-down list with an arrow pointing right beside the item I was looking for appeared.
eek.gif
Haven't felt that dumb in a while.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

More than anything, IMO, the best part about Apple products is that third-party companies really go out of their way to make specific accessories for Macs; unlike their 324324234 PC counterparts.

The "not getting" viruses part on Macs isn't entirely true, either. Windows OS just has tons more instances.

Not to be anti-Mac (I have an iPhone 4), but PC does almost everything that a Mac can do and then some (barring any of the 3445353 patents Apple files over the years). Has tons more software and support than Mac, too. (But AppleCare is
pimp.gif
for sure -get that if you have a Mac) I'm loving my new PC gaming rig that gets the same things done -fast. It cost me a little less than the 2011 MBA that I intended to buy (got the PC instead).
pimp.gif

Just reminding to buy within your means, OP.

What's with all the Mac love?
laugh.gif
Y'all acting like you never seen a quality Windows machine before, they're definitely out there. Just because Windows is on a ton of machine doesn't mean they're all bad. OP, if you just need it to take notes, I see no reason you should spend $1200+ on a computer that has middling specs. Lurk on Slickdeals and wait for a good deal and then buy. If you want to impress your friends with your flashy new laptop, by all means get a Mac. Same with Beats by Dre and all that other stuff. If you want something that fills your needs, then get something cheaper with Windows.

Do not listen to mp3911, he is obviously poor and is just trying to justify his discussion to buy a lack luster pc that probably broke six months after he bought it rather than saving up for a mac that wold have lasted him for years
pimp.gif

^ wait... you're on the Mac bandwagon now? Weren't you in the PC threads as well?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom