Los Angeles Lakers @ Sacramento Kings 3/4 7:00 PST

[table][tr][td]AccuScore Projections[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
View more Accuscore game details
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL[/td] [td]42-18[/td] [td]107.8[/td] [td]100.7[/td] [td]21-7[/td] [td]21-11[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SAC[/td] [td]27-32[/td] [td]101.2[/td] [td]103.4[/td] [td]18-10[/td] [td]9-22[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Series tied 0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mar 4, 2008[/td] [td]LAL @ SAC[/td] [td]10:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mar 9, 2008[/td] [td]SAC @ LAL[/td] [td]9:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Apr 6, 2008[/td] [td]LAL @ SAC[/td] [td]9:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Apr 15, 2008[/td] [td]SAC @ LAL[/td] [td]10:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Kings | Lakers[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Kobe Bryant SG - Mar 1: Day-to-Day
· Andrew Bynum C - Feb 29: OUT
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SACRAMENTO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Tyronn Lue PG - Mar 2: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

· View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES (ET)[/td] [td]SACRAMENTO (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mar 02 DAL Win 108-104
Feb 29 @POR Loss 119-111
Feb 28 MIA Win 106-88
Feb 26 POR Win 96-83
Feb 24 @SEA Win 111-91
[/td] [td]Mar 02 MIA Win 120-109
Feb 29 @DAL Loss 115-106
Feb 27 @ATL Loss 123-117
Feb 26 @MIA Loss 107-86
Feb 24 @ORL Loss 112-93
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Los Angeles | Sacramento[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (PPG)[/td] [td]SACRAMENTO (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG [/td] [td]. Fisher 11.9[/td] [td]B. Udrih 12.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG [/td] [td]K. Bryant 28.2[/td] [td]K. Martin 22.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF [/td] [td]L. Walton 6.9[/td] [td]R. Artest 19.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF [/td] [td]L. Odom 13.5[/td] [td]M. Moore 7.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C [/td] [td]P. Gasol 19.2[/td] [td]B. Miller 14.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters: Los Angeles | Sacramento[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]SACRAMENTO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]K. Bryant 28.2[/td] [td]K. Martin 22.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]A. Bynum 10.2[/td] [td]B. Miller 9.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]K. Bryant 5.4[/td] [td]M. Bibby 5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]K. Bryant 2.0[/td] [td]R. Artest 2.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]A. Bynum 2.1[/td] [td]B. Miller 1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Los Angeles | Sacramento[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]-7[/td] [td]-6[/td] [td]@SACRAMENTO[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]Sacramento[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]42-18-0 (.700)[/td] [td]27-32-0 (.458)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]32-7-0 (.821)[/td] [td]12-7-0 (.632)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]10-11-0 (.476)[/td] [td]15-25-0 (.375)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]21-7-0 (.750)[/td] [td]18-10-0 (.643)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers have 22 games left to try to finish with the best record in the Western Conference. Four of those contests will be against Ron Artest and the Sacramento Kings.
The Pacific Division rivals meet for the first time this season Tuesday night as the Lakers visit Arco Arena in search of a 12th win in 13 games. Los Angeles (42-18) trails San Antonio (41-17) by percentage points in the race for the West's best mark. The Lakers also are 2 1/2 games ahead of Phoenix for first place in the Pacific Division. How Bryant fares in these matchups with Artest -- a former NBA Defensive Player of the Year -- could go a long way toward determining the Lakers' success against the Kings (27-32). The teams also meet Sunday in Los Angeles as well as two more times in April. Bryant turned in a virtuoso performance Sunday as the Lakers won 108-104 in overtime over Dallas. The superstar guard scored 30 of his 52 points after the third quarter and made his final 17 free throws for the highest-scoring effort in the NBA this season. "We gave him a single look, then we double-teamed him, then we gave him a triple-team and he split the triple-team and scored," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. "We tried to zone him, we tried to funnel him in the trap for a zone and he went the other way. He didn't cooperate on any of our defenses." It marked Bryant's 22nd career game of at least 50 points. He also had 11 rebounds. "It was a physical game," Bryant said. "It was back and forth. We didn't play extremely well, but it felt good to get this one done." Bryant -- second in the league in scoring at 28.2 points per game -- has always been a prime target for Sacramento fans and averaged 31.3 points against Artest and the Kings last season as the Lakers won three of four meetings. That includes a 38.0 average in two games on the road. Bryant's newest teammate, Pau Gasol, has never won in 10 career games at Arco Arena -- all with Memphis. Gasol has three double-doubles in his last four games, including 17 points and 14 rebounds on Sunday. While the Lakers have a new look with Gasol, the Kings will look different to them without Mike Bibby -- a stalwart in the teams' rivalry from years past. Bibby was dealt to Atlanta on Feb. 16. Artest, however, will be in uniform after helping lead Sacramento to a 120-109 win over Miami on Sunday. The Kings trailed 69-49 at halftime before rallying. "Sometimes in this league you are going to be down 20 points. As long as you keep fighting you are going to get it back," said Artest, who scored a team-high 32 points. Although the Kings' hopes for reaching the playoffs in the powerful West are slim, they have won eight of their last nine home games and are still hoping to finish with a .500 record or better. "As the days come, whether we're in the playoff picture or we're out of the playoff picture, that's still a goal that is attainable," first-year coach Reggie Theus said. "It would be a significant goal of ours to reach that and I think something that we can build on even for next year in terms of what was expected of us this year and where we're headed."

I hope Space Cadet starts in this one, hopefully we stay focused

I used to stay up mad late to watch these 2 play. This rivalry fell off hard

Go Lakers

Originally Posted by jville819

I used to stay up mad late to watch these 2 play. This rivalry fell off hard

Go Lakers

yup this rivalry was real strong back in the day. it was fun times living in nor-cal and being a lakers fan. now not so much. i went to the lakers kingsgame last year and there was a lot of laker fans there i was kind of surprised. I hope the lakers dont take them likely because the kings have some goodplayers in artest and martin. Now im off to youtube to watch that robert horry game winner to get my hyped up about tomorrows game.

you laker fans sure are cocky. just like the day you lost to portland.

my kings are playing good ball lately. dont be surprised if we beat you.

go kings!

Originally Posted by pinkjordansrule

my kings are playing good ball lately.

--I have't seen any cockiness in here. Just a bunch of guys sayin "GO LAKERS!" Nothin wrong with that.
--GO LAKERS!! (Arco IS a hard placeto play in though.)

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

my kings are playing good ball lately.

--I have't seen any cockiness in here. Just a bunch of guys sayin "GO LAKERS!" Nothin wrong with that.
--GO LAKERS!! (Arco IS a hard place to play in though.)
yezzir! we are 18-10 at home

^
--I think ARCO is a hard place to play in cuz its a pretty small arena as compared to others, and those Pacific Division Champs Banners are pretty intimidatingto the opponent when you look up at the rafters. So, that gives the Quee---I mean Kings the mental edge I guess....
roll.gif

^
--Eh, I was going more for sarcasm than "funny". But sarcam is hard to read in words.
--Nonetheless it will be a great game. New look Lakers vs kinda New Look Kings w/o Bibby.
--A victory by either team by 3-4 points.

my kings are playing good ball lately. dont be surprised if we beat you.

go kings!

Fat creature, called Grimace, is cocky. Just like the day Ronald beat it (not sure if it's a male/female/shemale) to purple.

Lakers are #2 from the west, it's just a regular win if they beat your NON-PLAYOFF spot Kings.

Oh boy here we go again.Expect to hear the Kings fans tonight with the cowbells ringing @ Arco Arena
laugh.gif

This is going to be a tuff game tonight.I say Lakers take this game by 6 tonight.

Go Lakers !

Back
Top Bottom