LOUD clothing brand Update: Spring 11 collection pg. 5

Originally Posted by makaveli55

I'm also part of this brand and i pretty much build the website. This whole thing started with a simple design that read "loud" which is the logo. Demand grew very fast beyond our expectations, so we allowed people 2 pre-order, since we had so many people wanting that particular design, we focused on producing just "that" design. We also started this whole thing during this current winter season so with limited funds under short notice we only produced 2 logo sweaters. We have more of designs to come. 
Please tell me that you know the difference between a sweater and a sweatshirt.

Ok...I get this term is a slang but I don't see how you can take that and make a whole brand out of it. I feel like it will lose its novelty reference and lack luster in the long run like Hyphy in the Bay or Crunk in the South.

I am just not sure where you guys are coming from. Is this something you guys are trying to take serious or if this is just some cool neat project you guys are doing for !#*%* and giggles? I have been on NT for a few and everybody and their momma was trying to start up brands in the hay day and they have all failed aside from The Hundreds, Orisue (Origami at the time), Rebel 8, Triumvir (about to die) and maybe you can throw in Black Scale, Flying Coffin and a slew of other guys.

I think if there is anything you should learn from all these brands is to not set yourself up financially where you will have to dig out of some sort of debt. A lot of guys on here have started brands and business and in the long run, it was a big waste of money. You guys should look at it in the long term of things. A "cool" shirt can be cool now but will fizzle very fast. Even the brands that were a 100% graphic tees are now doing cut and sew and other apparels like that. Plus the market for street wear is in a ultimate low...well, from my opinion anyways.

But instead of ignoring what you read here (not that you are), come correct on the future designs. Nothing is as satisfying as proving others wrong.

Ok...I get this term is a slang but I don't see how you can take that and make a whole brand out of it. I feel like it will lose its novelty reference and lack luster in the long run like Hyphy in the Bay or Crunk in the South.

I am just not sure where you guys are coming from. Is this something you guys are trying to take serious or if this is just some cool neat project you guys are doing for !#*%* and giggles? I have been on NT for a few and everybody and their momma was trying to start up brands in the hay day and they have all failed aside from The Hundreds, Orisue (Origami at the time), Rebel 8, Triumvir (about to die) and maybe you can throw in Black Scale, Flying Coffin and a slew of other guys.

I think if there is anything you should learn from all these brands is to not set yourself up financially where you will have to dig out of some sort of debt. A lot of guys on here have started brands and business and in the long run, it was a big waste of money. You guys should look at it in the long term of things. A "cool" shirt can be cool now but will fizzle very fast. Even the brands that were a 100% graphic tees are now doing cut and sew and other apparels like that. Plus the market for street wear is in a ultimate low...well, from my opinion anyways.

But instead of ignoring what you read here (not that you are), come correct on the future designs. Nothing is as satisfying as proving others wrong.

You're asking for people's opinions, but you argue with them. What's the point in this thread then? Free publicity?

You're asking for people's opinions, but you argue with them. What's the point in this thread then? Free publicity?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Plus the market for street wear is in a ultimate low...well, from my opinion anyways.

THIS!

Brands are definitely moving towards signature pieces.

Screens on T-Shirts from Walmart ain't cutting it.

thanks for the constructive criticism, I hear all that you guys are saying; it seems that things were done a bit pre-maturely but I've definitely come to the right place because I now know exactly what to work on so much thanks to even those who clowned. to my fam fongstarr; LOUD was just an idea that took off beyond our own control and it just seemed like a good opportunity to get our foot in the door for a bigger and much more structured project that we've been cooking up for a while now (I won't speak too much about it) and it was more of a case of taking a leap of faith but we r in a very good place IMO and I took very good notes of everything that has been said here, all I ask for is to keep in mind that most successful things start off with much blemishes and imperfections so the best is yet to come, appreciate your thoughts tho

Plus the market for street wear is in a ultimate low...well, from my opinion anyways.

THIS!

thanks for the constructive criticism, I hear all that you guys are saying; it seems that things were done a bit pre-maturely but I've definitely come to the right place because I now know exactly what to work on so much thanks to even those who clowned. to my fam fongstarr; LOUD was just an idea that took off beyond our own control and it just seemed like a good opportunity to get our foot in the door for a bigger and much more structured project that we've been cooking up for a while now (I won't speak too much about it) and it was more of a case of taking a leap of faith but we r in a very good place IMO and I took very good notes of everything that has been said here, all I ask for is to keep in mind that most successful things start off with much blemishes and imperfections so the best is yet to come, appreciate your thoughts tho

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

THIS!

true that is something to consider 

THIS!

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

THIS!

roll.gif
are you SERIOUS dude? Ya'll did NO research?!

Lock this up.

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

THIS!

roll.gif
are you SERIOUS dude? Ya'll did NO research?!

Lock this up.

One more thing not mentioned, you can't let the public decide what you produce and put out.
it will quickly become their brand and not yours

One more thing not mentioned, you can't let the public decide what you produce and put out.
it will quickly become their brand and not yours

@ OP - I think you have good intentions, but here is some advice.

I co-own an online consignment store and do actively scout for up and coming brands.

If you are serious about this clothing line, do something others haven't done. Make some JEANS, a jacket, a scarf, hats, SOMETHING. I've seen many brands come and go, thinking their basic designs printed on sweaters and t-shirts means they are a legitimate clothing line. You're not. That's like me drawing a picture of a tree outside and calling myself a professional sketch artist.

Take time to hone your craft and make something people can genuinely have interest in. Otherwise, you'll just be another one-hit/bust "clothing label" that comes and goes.

Keep it going and lets see you make something.

@ OP - I think you have good intentions, but here is some advice.

I co-own an online consignment store and do actively scout for up and coming brands.

If you are serious about this clothing line, do something others haven't done. Make some JEANS, a jacket, a scarf, hats, SOMETHING. I've seen many brands come and go, thinking their basic designs printed on sweaters and t-shirts means they are a legitimate clothing line. You're not. That's like me drawing a picture of a tree outside and calling myself a professional sketch artist.

Take time to hone your craft and make something people can genuinely have interest in. Otherwise, you'll just be another one-hit/bust "clothing label" that comes and goes.

Keep it going and lets see you make something.

This is NOT the proper place to come to for constructive criticism. You'll get a few legit responses w/ the rest being "trash...go back to the drawing board".
And BTW, Loud is not area specific slang. People all over use that term.

This is NOT the proper place to come to for constructive criticism. You'll get a few legit responses w/ the rest being "trash...go back to the drawing board".
And BTW, Loud is not area specific slang. People all over use that term.

Back
Top Bottom