==== LunarGLIDE+ 4 & iD (SAMPLES pg7) - New iD Gradient Option ====

The Premiums are predominantly reflective (inner bootie/sleeve, tongue, toe cap, heel and overlays), have a different tongue tag with the "+" and all, have two different colors for the Dynamic Flywire and colored lace tips. I think the insole has a different design to it as well.

The Premium waverder has are $110 on Eastbay but $120 on NDC. Get on it and they are not excluded from discount.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

The Premium waverder has are $110 on Eastbay but $120 on NDC. Get on it and they are not excluded from discount.

Yeah you're right but I noticed the WMNS colorway is priced at $119.99.  I copped the Navy's off eastbay earlier for $100 shipped and did an exchange for the premiums earlier at my local Nike Running Store..

For those intending to run in these, here are a few reviews from RWF, which are mostly good...
older and slower wrote:
These were on the shelf of my local ****'s Sporting Goods. They charged $109.99 plus tax. I have tried on all previous versions but did not purchase because of the fit and feel. These are very flexible. I am a bigger runner (195), so I can flex a shoe a lot easier than a 140 pound guy can. The arch is far less prominent that in prior versions. The upper has a generous fit which can be snugged with the fly wire. It feels as light and springy on my feet as the Pureflow, but more cushioned. Minimalists obviously will not like that, but it is what I have been looking for to use on long runs. I have still been able to midfoot strike with no issues. I am sure others will say they notice the heel, etc. I only have three runs on these so far, but they seem like a winner to me.

After 5 runs in the LG4 I am still very impressed. The shoe fits full volume without being sloppy. Adequately wide forefoot for midfoot/forefoot striking and a good fitting heel. The collar has fairly thick padding so there is zero heel slippage. I am noticing wear on the ball of the foot in both shoes, but not significant. I will post updated pictures of the outsole after I take them out for a 10 miler this upcoming weekend. Based on some of the other comments I will say about the fit again that it is very different from the prior lunarglides. A primary reason I have not purchased prior versions of the shoe was the fit. For me, the arch in the LG1 & LG2 was too prominent (even when replacing the factory insoles). I made one minor lacing alteration in order to get the fit where I want it.

Jeff Dengate wrote:

This shoe tested very, very well in our latest round (see our September issue, which will be out first week of August). Sneak peek: It's lighter, lower profile, more flexible, and our wear-testers really, really loved it. The same couldn't be said for earlier versions of the LunarGlide. And, given all the changes, the stability is still there. It's a very nice update from Nike.
Solereview wrote:
We've had the Lunarglide 4 for our review the past few days, and here's our first impression:
1) Cushioning feels firmer just under the base of the heel compared to the outgoing Lunarglide 3. This is because of the change in midsole construction. Instead of the Lunarfoam inside, the new midsole interlocks the soft and the firm foam. But overall, the cushioning has improved owing to the larger volume of Lunarlon used.

2) The midfoot support system in the upper goes through an overhaul with the new 'Flywire' setup, which has these multiple cords extending internally from the base of the upper to the lace eyelets. However, long term usage of these cords need to be seen, and the system feels constricted when laces are passed through all the Flywire loops.

3) Very well ventilated. The new mesh is unlike what has been used in the previous versions; this is a single layer mesh, but knitted so that certain areas have more vents.

4) 10% lighter than the LG3. Reason: Less rubber on outsole, midfoot strap replaced by cords, and mesh is lighter.

5) Collar fits great. No heel slippage at all and wraps snug with its dual fabric set-up.

We'll be posting a full review later today with extremely detailed pictures.

SJKJR wrote:
I tried these on at $**@# today. I thought if they kept the same fit as the 3, made it more flexible, and took the arch down a little, it could be a great shoe. The 4 seems more flexible. The arch is still too high, but maybe not as bad as the 3. The major disappointment for me was now the toe box seems tighter. There was plenty of room in the 3's, my toes were cramped in the 4's. They did not have them a 1/2 size up for me to try.
Oh well. The 3's were okay, but were never going to be a serious part of my rotation. I only bought them because they were really cheap at a Nike outlet. Doesn't look like I will bother with the 4's at all.

jdaz wrote:
Just had my first run in the LG4 and the best way I can summarize is that the shoe feels like a traditional stabilty shoe with infuence from the FREE Run. Compared to the LG3, the LG4 has more heel lift, a noticeably lower arch, much more flexibility, slighly firmer ride and a different fit.
The flywire is unobtrusive and makes for a more uniform fit than the LG3. With the LG3, the dynamic fit allowed the arch area to be snugged up almost like a compression sock, but this cannot be done with the LG4. The flywire straps work for me. I know there have been complaints. But the effect is the upper keeps the shoe on your foot without any hot spots or overly tight areas. Just avoid overtightening the laces.

The LG4 is more stable than the LG3 but less forecful about it. The LG3 loads up the arch support and then pops the foot into the centerline. The LG4's FREE Run influence is that it makes the foot work throughout the footplant. It provides a firmer, very flexible platform with a lower arch and it doesn't feel like the foot is being deliberately guided.

Chances are, I'll end up liking this shoe more than the previous version. I'll know in a few weeks. It took a while for me to get used to the LG3's cushioned ride but I think I will get used to the LG4 in less time. I definitely like the firmer ride, which is an important factor.

Sheesh I'm not even through with my lunarglide+2 and already these +4s are getting me all tempted...

These are pretty cool... PRod 6 X LG4
nike-paul-rodriguez-6-lunar-rod-2.jpg

P-glides eh?

I'm loving my premiums so far. The 13 feels a little snug in the toe box.. Won't be for running anyways

im still debating on what volt colorway to get.... LG4 or the FR3.... for those who own both shoes, what would you say in more comfy?

IMO I prefer the LG4 over the FR3. I like that LG4 actually offers some support and IMO they're just overall more comfortable than FR3s.

Loving my LG4's..want to make an ID but I wish they had an actual yellow color instead of Volt only

saw the black/green pair at the store this week...now i guess i only want the premiums. dont know why they made the midsole so shiny/glittery looking

Last edited:
I think this is a pretty clean looking shoe. The color fade on the iDs on Page one looks pretty sharp.

I can imagine it's NIke's intent to have their running line look similar, but the mesh upper seems so similar to Free's.

im still debating on what volt colorway to get.... LG4 or the FR3.... for those who own both shoes, what would you say in more comfy?

LG4 is more comfy, but the FR3 gives you a better workout. Workout 6 days a week in FR3's with no problem.

Excuse the ignorance fellas but do the Premiums come with all the Nike+ gubbins built in? Or do you have to buy that separately?

Nope. Of all the Nike+ Pack cws (Black/Blue Glow/Purple), the LG4s are the only ones that don't have the Nike+ Sports Tracker technology.

Check out these ID's I made last night... I have some dark grey Nike running shorts and dark grey-volt solarsofts, so I'm trying to match those colors... Lmk what you guys think...

Those are ILLLY!

I had the same exact idea of speckling on my iDs! The same colors and all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom