Lunargrand

Does anyone have the Lunargrand almond size 8.5 or 9 for sale? DS or lightly worn. Looking to Buy. located in nj. thanks 

Was able to grab these for $84 at my local Nordstrom Rack

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1621882/cole-haan-original-grand-wingtip-ii

5176949.jpg

Anyone know if these break in and stretch over time? Wondering if I should size .5 down on a pair,TTS seems to be a little roomy.
Mine didnt, the leather is "stiff" in comparison to the pair I posted above. The black ones the leather is a lot softer so I went with 10M vs brown 10.5M (in snkrs I typically wear 10.5-11 for reference) 

You can put a thin insole in them, which Ive done depending on the sock I wear with them but it was never flopping off my foot so it wasnt that big of an issue. Just not that honeymoon fit lol 

Anyone have a review on the break-in of the leather on their Lunargrands?  My fit is right on my novelty lunargrands but a bit tight in the toes, wondering if the leather loosens up with wear?

Mine haven't loosened up at all to be honest. I have a couple pairs I've worn a lot, and they don't feel very broken in at all. My suede lunars feel great though.

Totally agree. Suede zerogrand, same size, fit is perfect. These novelty lunargrand fit well except I'm a bit wide in toes so they're a bit tight. May have to wear thinner socks. I'm in my winter dress socks.

Wearing them today with thinner socks and fit is much better.

Last edited:
I would like to buy the originalgrand waterproof lace boot, but have never worn so I don't know what size to get. The closest shoe I have is the lunargrand/zero grand wingtips in size 11 (M width). I found a review on the website that they run "much narrower". I'd also like to wear these withcasual sports brand (Nike) socks for added cushion. Does anyone have suggestions on what size to get? I was thinking 11-11.5 with dress socks. 11.5-12 with casual socks. I wear a size 12 in all other sports brand shoes like Nike and Adidas. Any input would help me decide. Thanks in advanced. Below is a link to the shoe.https://m.colehaan.com/products/C23421?start=20&cgid=sale_mens

^ I'd use the same sizing as the lunargrands. I tried on a pair a while back, and they fit similar to my lunars. CH now offers free returns (which is something they didn't used to do), so if you can swing it, I'd just order both sizes and keep the one that fits better.

Totally agree. Suede zerogrand, same size, fit is perfect. These novelty lunargrand fit well except I'm a bit wide in toes so they're a bit tight. May have to wear thinner socks. I'm in my winter dress socks.

Wearing them today with thinner socks and fit is much better.

All I wear are Cole haans for work :pimp:

I haven't visited this thread or bought any lunargrands in a while but I wanted those boots so I checked them out in the outlets and the mid-sole on them aren't what I remember, they just did not feel as comfortable as before. I retried on the regular wingtips too and it just felt like regular eva. It seems like all Cole Haan kept when it was sold was the lunarshape and not the actual lunar rubber compound.

Is it just me?

I haven't visited this thread or bought any lunargrands in a while but I wanted those boots so I checked them out in the outlets and the mid-sole on them aren't what I remember, they just did not feel as comfortable as before. I retried on the regular wingtips too and it just felt like regular eva. It seems like all Cole Haan kept when it was sold was the lunarshape and not the actual lunar rubber compound.

Is it just me?
I had a similar experience with the Lunargrand wingtips when I tried a pair about 6 months ago, so it's definitely not just you. It was my first time trying a Lunargrand so I was expecting plush lunarlon cushioning, but they felt almost like bricks which was really disappointing and surprising to me.

I just checked the Cole Haan website and in seems like they discontinued the Lunargrand and their new collection is now called the "OriginalGrand" for their wingtips and boots. They look exactly like the Lunargrand, but it now says in the description, "this release offers a storm welt, EVA midsole, and a rubber outsole with Grand.OS technology for ultimate comfort and lightweight flexibility". It seems like they completely removed the lunar technology and just kept the same exact midsole shape:

http://www.colehaan.com/mens-originalgrand

I had a similar experience with the Lunargrand wingtips when I tried a pair about 6 months ago, so it's definitely not just you. It was my first time trying a Lunargrand so I was expecting plush lunarlon cushioning, but they felt almost like bricks which was really disappointing and surprising to me.

I just checked the Cole Haan website and in seems like they discontinued the Lunargrand and their new collection is now called the "OriginalGrand" for their wingtips and boots. They look exactly like the Lunargrand, but it now says in the description, "this release offers a storm welt, EVA midsole, and a rubber outsole with Grand.OS technology for ultimate comfort and lightweight flexibility". It seems like they completely removed the lunar technology and just kept the same exact midsole shape:

Nike sold Cole Haan. They no longer use Lunarlon cushioning. Now they use their own similar-looking soles. No idea how they feel.

bought a pair for new years. 140$ well  spent. def not lunar epic level cushioning but a noticeable difference from my florsheim, clarks, and dockers. the last 2 are actually very comfy. was surprised these beat them out. 

I had a friend who worked at the Mag. Mile store explain Nike Lunarlon vs Grand.OS. 

He basically said its the same product but they added a orthotics insole and full length "lunarlon like insole" ( lunargrands didnt have full lunar, just in the heel and forefoot) 

Now is the chemistry the same probably not but Id bet its pretty close. 
Nike sold Cole Haan. They no longer use Lunarlon cushioning. Now they use their own similar-looking soles. No idea how they feel.
Me personally I think if you didnt tell me there was a new setup I probably wouldnt notice it. 

The only thing I will say I noticed and that just because I look for shoes that have a decent arch support. Is that they now have some arch support whereas the Nike made lungrands didnt. 
I can't tell between the new and old, and I have many pairs of each.
Aint much difference. 

What I find funny is why CH list their shoes so high, only to handout 40% discounts what seems like every month. Just make them $140 and then send out them 40% emails every qtr so I can get more 
laugh.gif

Been eying Original Grands on additional discount but they didnt have my size. Now they have my size but need the additional :smh: Anyone know if they will do that additional off anytime soon or can help me get it?

Been eying Original Grands on additional discount but they didnt have my size. Now they have my size but need the additional :smh: Anyone know if they will do that additional off anytime soon or can help me get it?

They do the 30% - 40% off almost every month. They adjust the prices so that it's usually around $100-$120 when it's all said and done. Last year they had a $100 off $300, and I was able to scoop up many pairs for around $70 each. I haven't seen anything that good since though.

what type of cleaning products do you guys used on your suede cole haans or suede shoes in general? :nerd:

thanks in advance

I was thinking of having a pair of my LG soles replaced anyone ever used CH restoration service? 

Its probably cheaper to just buy a new pair but was curious if they even replaced soles of LG.  

Back
Top Bottom