-M3.....Peep the plates- [Lol]

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

As some of you know I am also an active Euro enthusiast.

I have an example of both AMG (a W211 E55) and BMW Motorsport (E39 M5 and E46 M3) in my collection and in my case the AMG definitely "LOLs" all over the M cars in a straight line, I don't know if that means anything to a BMW enthusiast as the M cars will throroughly run circles around the AMG in any sort of sporty (read: turns) driving.

Different tools for different needs.

I agree and disagree with some of your points. I too have a e39 m5, and comparing the w211 isn't really ideal. You should be comparing it to the W210,because that was the e39's main competitor. When u compare it with the W210, it's e39 hands down..(performance, looks, handling,). I'm not takingaway anything from the W211, cause it's a fantastic car but it's more comparable to the e60. And, I def. agree about "sporty driving"although mercedes has stepped up in that category.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Yes...and Yes I am.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

I'm on my 4th BMW and I love them

but this thread is dumb

It was "cool" enough to go through all three pages, state that you've owned 4 BMW's and critique it though
pimp.gif

sorry to go off topic ... but i'm certain the right people are in this thread to answer my question:

Is there a huge difference in a CSL engine and a regular E46 M3 engine?
If so... can you make the regular M3 engine perform (and especially sound) just like the CSL?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

I'm on my 4th BMW and I love them

but this thread is dumb

It was "cool" enough to go through all three pages, state that you've owned 4 BMW's and critique it though
pimp.gif

touche.
laugh.gif
but I only looked at the first page, not the whole thread

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

sorry to go off topic ... but i'm certain the right people are in this thread to answer my question:

Is there a huge difference in a CSL engine and a regular E46 M3 engine?
If so... can you make the regular M3 engine perform (and especially sound) just like the CSL?

its a race-spec M3, ranging from a stiffer suspension, lighter parts (mostly made of carbon fiber) to slightly beefed up internals, exhaust....etc.cosmetically, the difference is the wheels, trunk lid, front bumper, and carbon fiber roof...
huge difference? nah but its like getting an integra type r over a gs-r.

The CSL M3 has a unique intake manifold collector made of Carbon Fiber, improved flow exhaust manifold and has more aggressive software.

The W210 E55 was underpowered from the beginning (however it is a solid car, very reliable and torquey to boot), the W211 was created to demolish the Audi RS6and BMW E39 M5 and it does so.

The W211 E55 is the grown man's Supra TT, BPU power being in the 500RWHP range. In fact you can get the VRP550 installed kit for $2400.

Any pics of your E39 M5?

I saw a 07 M3 with the plates C63 THIS, I laughed and told him nice plates. It seems like these BMW owners try so hard to prove to themselves that they havethe better car, when Benz owners don't even care. Face it, BMW will never be as prestigious as Mercedes.

Mercedes' feel too light on the road (both steering and suspension). BMW's make you want to (and let you) take curves without letting off the gas much.Accelerating with confidence mid-turn FTW.

Originally Posted by Stevenzsofly

I saw a 07 M3 with the plates C63 THIS, I laughed and told him nice plates. It seems like these BMW owners try so hard to prove to themselves that they have the better car, when Benz owners don't even care. Face it, BMW will never be as prestigious as Mercedes.
laugh.gif
MBworld has to be the only site I know of 6 figure cars that brag about 'kill stories'.

m6 > m3

and if a wanted to just stunt and +@%% on dudes, id take an AMG on some nice wheels.

m3's are alright, but there are a lot of other cars i would take over it. an AMG Mercedes is on the list.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

m6 > m3

and if a wanted to just stunt and +@%% on dudes, id take an AMG on some nice wheels.

m3's are alright, but there are a lot of other cars i would take over it. an AMG Mercedes is on the list.

really though, a 10k milage M3 and a 20k milage M6 is the same price
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom