Ma$e Appreciation post.

Something I've always been curious about : Who wrote Diddy's verse on "Mo Money Mo Probs"? BIG or Mase?
ahaha, I'm the Dto-the-A-to-the-D-D-Y
Know you'd rather see me die than to see me fly
I call all the shots
Rip all the spots, rock all the rocks
Cop all the drops, I know you thinking now's
When all the balling stops, n*gga never
Home gotta call me on the yacht
Ten years from now we'll still be on top
Yo, I thought I told you that we won't stop
Now what you gonna do when it's cool
Bag a money much longer than yours
And a team much stronger than yours, violate me
This'll be your day, we don't play
Mess around be D.O.A., be on your way
Cause it ain't enough time here, ain't enough lime here
For you to shine here, deal with many women
But treat dimes fair, and I'm
Bigger than the city lights down in Times Square
Yeah, yeah yeah

Top 5 Iconic Verses in Hip-Hop History :pimp:

ma$e said it was his and they put it on Big's album... pretty sure he wrote Puff's verses too.

I spun double up today and couldn't believe how trash the beats were. Sounding like early 2000 Sanyo ringtones.
Legit didn't know kanye got the "used to eff with usher/baby by buster" bars from mase until today. I love finding out stuff like that.
Dude knows he was good at linking up rhyming words and they make sense most of the time unlike cam.
How is it that certain cities and states breed so many dope artists.

It's interesting. Did he just half *** Double Up cuz he was leaving the game or would he had fell off if he had stayed?

i think more da former than da latter....but Harlem World da movement is also wet diarrhea too so who knows for sure :lol:

da thing that makes da Shiny ma$e Harlem World album so appealing is that its basically a glitzy veneer under a gutta, hardcore lyrical NY rap album...kinda like a Corvette powered Cadillac.

a velvet wrapped hammer.

commerical pop ish rap folds under its only corny weight when it actually smells and believes its own ish, and is more fluff than substance....kinda like Double up and Harlem world da movement...

After backtracking, I figured out it was definitely the Harlem World The Movement album that had me souring on Mase before Double Up actually came out :lol:

It was cool hearing Mysonne talk about Double Up. He said he was there for the whole album, Mase was beefing with Puff and Puff wasn’t around for it. I’m assuming he worked with different producers and had a different budget. I know he worked with a few of the Hitmen but I couldn’t believe how bad that album. I still can’t believe it. Hopefully it comes up on Rap Radar because I’m dying to hear what really happened with the album.

When it dropped in 99, I assumed it like a Lost Tapes. Just mad random joints that didn’t make Harlem World.

slept on joint from the violator album where ma$e was subliminally goin @ the gawd. lol mysonne got off too. dope track overall fr.

and call me crazy but "get ready" was that **** bruh. lol

Last edited:
I’ve had that Harlem World on my wall for years

0A5369BE-7D6B-4C56-B019-B547C37AA180.jpeg

Been wondering what both a Violator 3 album and updated Def Jam fighting game would look like.

is violator even a "thing" anymore?

and its funny you mention a new def jam fighting game. a couple weeks back, I had the urge to youtube up some def jam icons gameplay. lol
started to think about what a current version would look like. just cant imagine it workin b/c none of todays rappers really have "tough" personas...

Yea Violator was pretty much done after Chris Lightly's death, but looking at the track-listings for those two compilations just had me wondering.

most of da management stemmed off...

Chis Lighty death was real mysterious...
yup
i wonder who REALLY killed him
surprised their hasn't been a thread on this
i think 50 even hired a PI to try and find out what happened
him and shakur stewart died damn near the same way
wonder what they knew that got em killed

Back
Top Bottom