Ma$e Appreciation post.

I was looking for it earlier, I’ll watch tomorrow.

Freestyle was hard

I’m disappointed how he kinda danced around the Double Up questions. I need to hear more about that.

I'm tight Mase wanted to go through Harlem World track by track and they didn't do it. That was dumb of them. I would have pushed about Double Up more. Who was involved and why it was trash.

Some of the stories about him going to school and getting started in church was dope. Would be crazy if that happened today with technology.

I don't like Mase laughing about Black Rob and Dep being better than him. I think all three are dope and you can argue Life Story and Child of the Ghetto are better than Harlem World. HW was mad commercial and had a few misses on it.

Last edited:
about a hour in.... this is da rappity rap nerdy interview we was alllll waiting for... spectacular questions.

Mase has the hardest verse on this IMO. And that says alot considering Big L is on it as well.

Posted on the unpopular music opinions thread that Mase is a lyricist and found out lots of NTers agree.

Saw the Fab and Kiss interview on The Breakfast Club where Charlamagne tryna convince everyone that Mase is whack and Kiss be lowkey saying "you dont know what you sayin Charlamagne" the way he keep tellin him how nice Mase is.

CTG trying to get blood from a stone getting Fab & Kiss to diss his rap skills...they knew better.

"I talk alot o sh## but I back it up though" Mase was that dude. Diddy rode him like a donkey straight to the top after big passed away.

I’ve had that Harlem World on my wall for years

0A5369BE-7D6B-4C56-B019-B547C37AA180.jpeg
I need a setup like this.:pimp:

Didnt know he idolized Nas.
But yeah I heard Fat Joe say he is Eminem's and Ye's favorite rapper. I think I read a Kanye interview telling the story that he gets into it in barbershops telling everyone how dope Ma$e is.

Overall good interview

Jim Jones on how Ma$e put him on.

Never knew this....

It's funny how they got back cool. Even made a record. And then he was back to bumping his gums about him in that recent interview.

Cam too. Like y'all was playing ball together, and smoothed things over for a while, then it's back to Poppin ish.

What's that about?

Harlem cats.... :smh: :lol:

Cam that steamed about that horse & carriage no show....

This the part I dont understand. And Ma$e addressed it on the Rap Radar interview, he ran through the entire city for 357 for free and Cam still heated for him not appearing on the Horse & Carriage video. Agree with Ma$e that after all the free things he did for Cam its only fair that he'll ask for a fee eventually.

Last edited:
Something I've always been curious about : Who wrote Diddy's verse on "Mo Money Mo Probs"? BIG or Mase?
ahaha, I'm the Dto-the-A-to-the-D-D-Y
Know you'd rather see me die than to see me fly
I call all the shots
Rip all the spots, rock all the rocks
Cop all the drops, I know you thinking now's
When all the balling stops, n*gga never
Home gotta call me on the yacht
Ten years from now we'll still be on top
Yo, I thought I told you that we won't stop
Now what you gonna do when it's cool
Bag a money much longer than yours
And a team much stronger than yours, violate me
This'll be your day, we don't play
Mess around be D.O.A., be on your way
Cause it ain't enough time here, ain't enough lime here
For you to shine here, deal with many women
But treat dimes fair, and I'm
Bigger than the city lights down in Times Square
Yeah, yeah yeah

Top 5 Iconic Verses in Hip-Hop History :pimp:

Mase wrote that verse..... Mase also brought the beat to PUFF

bump. Cease album > double up. Even with Flex annoying me on the hook I say this is the best song from Double Up:

I think he's was getting @ Jay in the 1st verse w/ the "see cats in the club it's just music" since Jay apparently said nearly the exact same to Prodigy (no real beef, it's just music) & I think he said something similar to Jungle. I Remember a Mase ineterview where he said that Jay was actually 1 of the 1st ppl who reached out to him when he came back in 2004 or 2005.

If I aint a huge fan of Ma$e back in the day I wouldnt have copped The Movement LP. If I didnt cop I wouldnt be exposed to Kanye's and Just Blaze's early works (also Neptunes but I started feelin em already on Lookin At Me). This is still my favorite joint on the album. How Ye sampled the Time In A Bottle intro and turned it into this gritty and somber beat made me an instant fan and started following his works up to This Cant Be Life and then he blew up.
Loon's verse and flow was tight on this one too but Nas' was :pimp:.

Same N's >>>>>>

Double Up and Puff's Forever were both so ****in bad.

Cease debut is better than Double Up.

This. Those albums were SO bad, though Puff's had at least more than 1 song I liked (Reverse, the song with Bizzy Bone, Is This The ENd Pt 2, and the song with Beanie Sigel).

And Cease's debut was WAY better than those, and this is actually a song I play regularly

Back
Top Bottom