Mac Users, Snow Leopard or Lion?

Should I upgrade to Lion? Has anyone upgraded to Lion and regretted it?

Pros cons?

Stick with Snow Leopard. I can't run any Adobe Programs on Lion!
mad.gif

I regret Lion. Terrible Battery, Wi-Fi issues, and it has affected my battery health. Stay with Snow Leopard

i am still on leopard. I should jump up to the snow though

I have lion, but I actually liked Leopard over SL personally. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by justonmars

Stick with Snow Leopard. I can't run any Adobe Programs on Lion!
mad.gif

Would those happen to be licensed Adobe programs? 
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

I regret upgrading to Lion.
Why though?
Originally Posted by INS

i am still on leopard. I should jump up to the snow though

This.

There are Frequent wifi issues,

However this had made me appreciate my mac so much more.

All these finger swipes make me feel like the coolest kid ever.
pimp.gif

Running everything at Full screen is nice but a lot of people are reporting battery issues. I went form a '06 macbook to a '11 pro and Im getting 5-6 hours of straight use so to me thats an improvement over what I had. I had Lion since it came out and it's been a good upgrade for me.

Get the newer one. Some things might not work, but then they'll be many new features and touches. These are computers just roll with it and figure it out.

I just upgraded to SL last month after using Leopard for three years. Have zero plans of upgrading to Lion.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

lion is a resource hog, it all depends how fast is your mac
8gb of ram is recommended
I could barely run ##$! on lion til i upgraded to 8gb ram....my battery needs to be replaced now...

^click the apple on the top left bar and it'll tell you what version os you have.

also it should be mentioned, if you're a student and your school usues blackboard, its not compatible with lion
there is a work around in safari though, just have to change user agent to ie or ff.

I like lion, but it seems a bit heavy. apps seem to lag but then again I'm running with a core 2 duo and 4gb or ram
laugh.gif

all my adobe programs work, illustrator, ps, dreamweaver..

I copped a late 2008 mac pro off ebay with lion installed. The keyboard won't light up

you guys who can't run adobe programs must have bootleg programs are no clue what your talking about. i have no problem running my photoshop on my macbook with lion

Back
Top Bottom