Macbooks

100% worth it. My 2010 MBP is still going strong & I expect it to perform sufficiently for a while. Haven't had any mechanical/performance problems with it at all. & very easy to use.
& like others have said, they hold their value very well.

For the same price as a Macbook you can get something and nice, durable, and dependable as a Macbook. with better specs. But again, if you like the look and feel of a macbook there isn't many laptop that can match that specific style.

You can't really go wrong either way, just play around with OSX and see if you like it. I just find it a bit off, but thats mainly because I don't use it all that much. Although I'm more tentative when I comes be Windows 8.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by Zyzz

macbook are worth 100% of the price.
laugh.gif

I own one and I think that's bull. get one refurbed. bought mine brand new in 09 and only issue I've had was needing to replace the battery and the charger cords fraying.

my cousin bought one in '10 and his is pretty messed up. lags, takes forever to turn on, random other issues. it really depends on your computer competency.

I run Snow Lep, Linux Mint, Windows 7, and Vista on mine. anything I need to do I can get done.

you can build or get someone else to build you a PC of equal or greater power for less money honestly. but if you want a nice convenient package that will last you a while and not really need to be upgraded (which you can't do much of anyway) just get a mac.
Too much common sense.  

Used a macbook for 3 years in HS, then we switched to PC and i HATED IT

after HS i bought myself a new macbook, and its been running strong since 2008
pimp.gif

our family desktop has been garbage and always had bad luck with them...i keep telling my mom to invest in a mac
laugh.gif

I have a Macbook and honestly its ok. To me it is a little better than a pc but its still a cpu. There are pros and cons for both so write out a list b4 you buy. You could partition your pc hard drive and put Mac OS X on it and see how you like it before committing $1500

me and my girl got new laptops at the same time. i got a macbook and she got a hp envy. both cost around 1500. the only thing thats better about hers is it can play starwars the old republic
roll.gif
. other than that she says she wished she got mac instead its just faster, sleeker, easier to use, less problems

Bought a 15" MBP i7 about two years ago.
It was almost half of my mortgage, but it was worth it.

Anyone planning to buy, hold off for a while. There are rumors that new Pros and Airs are coming out at some point in Q2 (April-June). The Pros are apparently going to look more like the current Airs, and the 15-inch Pro may have an HD screen.

My body is so, so ready.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by 4one5

I'd like a MacBook but can't really justify the price. My current laptop is running pretty strong after 3 years and all I really do is surf the web.
same here. The price is way to high for just surfing the web
Same and I have never had any "windows/pc" problems that everyone talks about.

However, after seeing some previews of windows 8, I think I may want to switch to apple.  Have to love having the same interface on phone, tablet & desktop.  Hoping to replace my iPad with an Air in a few months.

I used to have a crappy netbook

Needless to say, getting a macbook changed my life. For real, literally changed my life 
laugh.gif
. For the better.

i'm pretty happy with mine. i bought it used off ebay and had to change the hard drive but besides that i'm pretty happy.

I agree if it's just surfing the web, stick to a cheaper PC. I personally bought mine mainly for digital imaging use but the difference is like night and day in many aspects. The construction and attention to detail of my MBP far outdoes any previous laptop pc I have ever owned. It is a bit more of an extravagant purchase, but right now I'd tend to agree that its worth every penny. As many others have mentioned, Apple products, hold their resale value extremely well in comparison to Windows products.

If you have the extra money to splurge a bit, and decide on picking one up, honestly I'd be shocked if you second guessed your purchase of a Mac.

It's the best move I've made. I had a gateway and switched to a MBP 2 years ago!
You will love it!

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by kiendienn

3 years and no problems

my HP fried itself within a year and a half

my vaio, i dont even want to talk about it

Vaio
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

My sister has a Vaio, Which I sometimes use. It's a an alright computer, The battery life on it is terrible.

Don't even want to start on the quality, The plastic frame around the screen cracks so easy it's ridiculous.
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have a Vaio. I agree that battery is trash. I have to have it charging all the time
Hoping to get te new MB Airs

I have an '07 macbook. The hard drive has crashed a few times, but this macbook still goes hard.

switched from a vaio to a MBP last year....lets just say ill never go back to a PC for as long as i live

Back
Top Bottom