Macbooks

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I have a Vaio. I agree that battery is trash.

This

I purchased a FW almost 3 years ago. Its basically my desktop cause I never can unplug it for more than 20 mins without it running out of power. Its still a great laptop although my next purchase will definitely be a MBP.

Im going mac soon, can t choose between the pro or air though. Those airs are nice af but the 13inch costs the came as a pro smh

I'm anxious for the next mbp release. Hope I have enough money by then since Im trying to stop buying shoes.

I'm in the process of getting a new laptop. I'm wondering whether or not it should be a mac or pc. Can somebody tell me, who has had experience from both sides, which one is great for gaming and school work? I'm taking engineering classes later and will for sure need programs for that. Not looking for gaming at the highest graphics but at least low/medium is great.

I have a Dell XPS m1330 which I got as a graduation gift back in 2008, it's still on tip top condition. I had to "factory image restore" it a few times but other than that I'm really surprised that this laptop is still alive especially considering it's a Dell. I've been planning to buy a Macbook after this thing fails on me, but it hasn't yet. 

I might just purchase a tablet since I'm almost done with school and maybe a gaming PC desktop since Diablo 3 is coming out soon. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Anyone planning to buy, hold off for a while. There are rumors that new Pros and Airs are coming out at some point in Q2 (April-June). The Pros are apparently going to look more like the current Airs, and the 15-inch Pro may have an HD screen.

My body is so, so ready.

nice thanks for the clarification. i've been using PC my whole life and need to make the switch soon, i've grown tired of Windows...can't wait for the new line.

and a random question, what is everyone's thoughts on AppleCare, is it worth it?

I've had my mbp since 2008. No problems besides the fact that I need a new battery... but that's expected.

I guess its a matter of preference. I've had pc's in the past, all of which have been deemed practically useless within 2 years of having them.

Im about to buy one but im on the rocks right now since i heard about the new MBP coming out in april-june . Decisions decisions.

can't go wrong with a Macbook

I also have had my white Macbook since 08 and it's running fine. Just need to cop a new battery at some point then I'm all good.
The only negative thing w/ my unibody is the outer case is VERY fragile. my boy cracked my screen accidentally and it didn't take much force.

all in all, I'm very satisfied. If you've got the money you can't go wrong.
pimp.gif

Can anybody school me on the different types of Macbooks and changes in years?

Like what's the difference between i3, i5 and i7... ddr2 and ddr3? What's the best model bang for buck?

I'm mildly tech-savvy and have been considering an MBP for a while. I've never had to warranty any of my PCs or laptops. As for Apple, my friends have talked about battery problems. I'm planning on buying a refurb just so I can use the extra funds to upgrade it. That said, is Applecare justifyable?

lets be real tho...

the only reason why you people say ur macs dont mess up is because your brain subconsciously tells u to take good care of it, since they are pretty and expensive, you cant help but put effort to maintain it. At the same time the less attractive PC laptop gets no love. I never see people buy a protective case for their pc laptops but i see a lot of people buy cases for their macs.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

lets be real tho...

the only reason why you people say ur macs dont mess up is because your brain subconsciously tells u to take good care of it, since they are pretty and expensive, you cant help but put effort to maintain it. At the same time the less attractive PC laptop gets no love. I never see people buy a protective case for their pc laptops but i see a lot of people buy cases for their macs.

I treat my macs similarly to how I treated my pc's. I download a lot of garbage, and very very rarely used a carrying case for my old MacBook. It's case got all chipped up and cracked, but then apple replaced it for me under warranty. But I do agree with you to a certain extent...

to everyone considering buying a 15"+ MBP, I'd recommend thinking about an iMac + iPad instead.

Originally Posted by third world wonder

anyone got a mac mini? how you like it?
id pick a mac mini over a 13inch macpro...if you don't need to be portable that is
mac mini is pretty powerful if you max out the ram 

lets be real tho...

That's called good design.

Anyway, I find it HILARIOUS all these new Apple adopters are likely the same ones that use to denounce their products

Remember when Blackberry users thought they were doing it? Look at them now.

Originally Posted by vSlackin

I'm in the process of getting a new laptop. I'm wondering whether or not it should be a mac or pc. Can somebody tell me, who has had experience from both sides, which one is great for gaming and school work? I'm taking engineering classes later and will for sure need programs for that. Not looking for gaming at the highest graphics but at least low/medium is great.

If you don't wanna jump through hoops to play games, get a PC. 
As for me, I'm rockin a Dell Vostro w/ i7, 6gb ram, 256 ssd. Bought it Oct '11

I don't see it goin down anytime soon, but when it does, I'll get a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook. 

Dell's customer service has never done me wrong 
pimp.gif

#@@# a apple care

lets be real tho...

This is actually a really interesting theory, and I think it may be true to some extent.
As mentioned before though, I abused the hell out of my MBP. Not purposely, but I have carelessly dropped it on the ground from a height of 2-3 feet at least five different times, while it was running. I constantly shove it in my bag and throw my bag around. Still, the performance is like it was on day 1. It's not slow, it's not laggy, it's not crashy. The speakers stopped working, but honestly I'm not surprised given the kinds of hits it has taken. I'm shocked that the screen is still perfect, that nothing chipped, etc. 

I try to not fall victim to trends, and to not let them color my perception of things. Still I am an Apple lover because I think they are far superior to the competitors. I can rely on the brand name and know I'm going to get a reliable, sleek, solid, smooth product.

lets be real tho...

when i had my alienware laptop(which is also very expensive) i took better care of it than my current mbp because it was made of plastic and i was scared of breaking it, thats the reason why i like my mbp so much its made of aluminum and i dont have to worry about it breaking so i toss it on my bed and when its in my backpack i can toss my backpack knowing it wont break.. and i dont have applecare.

Back
Top Bottom