Mad Men Season Six Thread - Episode Thirteen - Season Finale - "In Care Of"

Oh I forgot to ask that question. This ep made me question if Bob is straight or gay.

Good catch, Big J, possibly Bob Benson is a young **** Whitman that just just grabbed a new identity? If so he's doing it all wrong and is just too eager to fit in or he's sociopath con-man.

The story of Peggy getting ******* on like that really worked in the end wit how she looked in the final scene, disheveled and no make-up after all night in the hospital. I thought she was gonna quit. It's just simply too little too late with what she tried to pull. I don't think Ted didn't get the hint. I think he was doing his best to ignore it.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to ask that question. This ep made me question if Bob is straight or gay.

Good catch, Big J, possibly Bob Benson is a young **** Whitman that just just grabbed a new identity? If so he's doing it all wrong and is just too eager to fit in or he's sociopath con-man.

The story of Peggy getting ******* on like that really worked in the end wit hos she looked in the final scene, disheveled and no make-up after all night in the hospital. I thought she was gonna quit. It's just simply too little too late with what she tried to pull. I don't think Ted didn't get the hint. I think he was doing his best to ignore it.

Agreed.

Yeah that's what I meant... he knew what she was doing but wanted to move on and ignored it.

Damn I forgot there was a new episode this week since HBO skipped this weekend due to Memorial day, can't wait to get home a fire up the DVR

Megan is going to be killed by Bob ...Bob is either a psycho or the feds. Too friendly and clingy. They gave Megan that Sharon Tate swag though...
sick.gif

Like I pointed out from jump, they will reveal more of Don's simpish ways this season...dude is chump and a weak man. 

"I like when you look at me like that"... "Poor girl", - Betty

Anyone read Benson's twitter? :lol:

Bob Benson ‏@BobBensonHere 19h
Anyone know where I can get some shorts that aren't so stiflingly long?

Bob Benson ‏@BobBensonHere 27 May
I realize some of you may be confused as to whether my father is dead or alive. The truth is... WHO WANTS COFFEE?

On a side note, I hope we see Sal sometime in the future. He was one of my favorite characters.

Last edited:
Megan is going to be killed by Bob ...Bob is either a psycho or the feds. Too friendly and clingy. They gave Megan that Sharon Tate swag though...
sick.gif

Like I pointed out from jump, they will reveal more of Don's simpish ways this season...dude is chump and a weak man. 

"I like when you look at me like that"... "Poor girl", - Betty

My dude you want a cookie?

View media item 432640

On another note I think Bob is setting up a move to burry Pete. I mean he knows why he lost Vicks and he knows about his mother's condition. Bob is what Pete wanted to be when he tried to blackmail Don, except Bob has the finesse to do it successfully.

Pretty sure I read Matthew Weiner say Sal is never coming back and he doesn't understand why people keep asking about him :lol:

And Bob is a huge question mark... I'm really interested in what they do with him.

If this Nomad dude brings up Don being a simp one more time I might just jump off a bridge.

No one ******g cares if he is a simp or you think he's a simp. Stop bringing that **** up every week. Take that simp **** to TAN or something...yeah I'm mad. I'm in here to see people's analysis and reflect on the episodes and this dude week after week won't let go of his ******g simp theories.

Sheesh. :rolleyes

Big J, where did this Bob guy even come from? I'm blanking out. Was he a part of the merger? I'm having trouble remembering the first sign of him this season.

He works in accounts, under Pete I believe. Pretty sure the first time we see him is with Don in the elevator, he was talking about always carrying an extra cup of coffee... which he gave to Pete.

Then Ken tore him down for doing his work out in the open and to stop being so obvious after he sent a food plate to Roger's mom's funeral.

On the surface, he's doing anything he can to look good and it's already paid off. His kindness to Joan likely saved his job, he was sympathetic to Pete and offered a discrete solution to his mother problem. And he tried sucking up to Don, which hasn't worked. So either he's just an enthusiastic suck up, or he's a more sinister manipulator.. or a combination of both.

If this Nomad dude brings up Don being a simp one more time I might just jump off a bridge.

No one ******g cares if he is a simp or you think he's a simp. Stop bringing that **** up every week. Take that simp **** to TAN or something...yeah I'm mad. I'm in here to see people's analysis and reflect on the episodes and this dude week after week won't let go of his ******g simp theories.

Sheesh. :rolleyes

Big J, where did this Bob guy even come from? I'm blanking out. Was he a part of the merger? I'm having trouble remembering the first sign of him this season.

:lol:

Not only will I point out that Don is a simp but that it is the basis for the show ...and I have about four pages of analysis in this thread so miss me with that.

It's just a reductive statement. To call him a simp and that's that. And it seems like you keep trying to hang your hat on it and get pats on the back. The show has been deliberate and patient in revealing who Don Draper really is, so saying "He's just a simp" seems to be missing the bigger picture.

Not to say you don't "get it" or anything insulting, just that it's a very simple point when the basis of the show is much larger and more complex. Themes of identity, being a flawed and broken person, the ability to truly change, etc. are all much more complex than "simp"

Anyway..

The Megan Draper As Sharon Tate Theory Is The Greatest ‘Mad Men’ Theory Ever

Of course, she isn't actually Tate, but the shirt was obviously intentionally, then add the growing violence and element of fear going on in the show... it won't be a shock if this has all been building to something tragic happening on the show.

Last edited:
 They gave Megan that Sharon Tate swag though...
sick.gif
Not to say you don't "get it" or anything insulting, just that it's a very simple point when the basis of the show is much larger and more complex. Themes of identity, being a flawed and broken person, the ability to truly change, etc. are all much more complex than "simp"

Anyway..

The Megan Draper As Sharon Tate Theory Is The Greatest ‘Mad Men’ Theory Ever

Of course, she isn't actually Tate, but the shirt was obviously intentionally, then add the growing violence and element of fear going on in the show... it won't be a shock if this has all been building to something tragic happening on the show.
Oh okay... I see, I have to spell out the obvious to you guys from now on so we seem like we're having an intelligent analysis of the show. If that's the case, You're saying I run laps around you guys in terms of breaking down the episodes. 

...and I don't log on for pat on the back, I contribute and build with people I THOUGHT we're intelligent enough for me not to spell EVERYTHING OUT, I thought I was conversing with EQUALS.

Don being simp is me JOKING while droppin' commentary in between, AS SEEN A COUPLE PAGES back. 

....cool your jets and stop being so self-conscious about your perception of the show. It's all jokes.

I saw your Sharon Tate comment and if you saw that on your own, then very good catch. But it's also been on various sites all day, so I was just linking to one article about it.

I wasn't trying to insult you, but you tried to take it there and now you're the victim. I don't really want to go back and forth so congrats, you win. :lol: People were getting tired of "He's a simp" comments, that's all I was addressing.

telling me to cool my jets :rofl: look at how upset you got "I THOUGHT... conversing with EQUALS" Let it be a misunderstanding and disagreement and we'll move on discussing the show.

About the shirt..

In fact, Bryant indicated in an interview with The Daily Beast that Weiner was merely looking for a “political” allusion to include in Megan’s wardrobe when she’s seen standing on the couple’s Manhattan balcony as sirens blare in the distance.

“There was that moment of [Megan] just being at home—it's summer time and it's hot again,” Bryant told The Daily Beast. “We get to see another time in her life. In terms of the t-shirt, Matthew Weiner had just said, 'It would be great to have something political.' I had done so much research of different political t-shirts, and found a picture of Sharon Tate from Esquire magazine. It’s the Vietnam star. We saw a little bit of how Megan was so upset after Bobby Kennedy was shot, it really is so much a part of the turmoil happening during that period—really this is the time filled with civil unrest. [And New York] was really a decaying city.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-draper-as-sharon-tate-conspiracy-theory.html

The attention to detail is definitely one of the best parts of this show.

the ending to the last ep was comedy, peggy gettin dumped while ol boy still has the knife in him :lol: and then trying to tell Ted and he was like welp move on

Megan is wack and needs to go,,,her grill is :x

I wouldn't mind it. Another blow to Don in what seems to be a series of blows he's taken in most of the eps this season. That seems like a season finale type thing to do though.

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at the previews of the next ep. It always just shows random clips put together and doesn't show any small synopsis of whats to come.

The creator hates potential spoilers, so he won't put anything substantial in the previews.

I wouldn't mind it. Another blow to Don in what seems to be a series of blows he's taken in most of the eps this season. That seems like a season finale type thing to do though.
The reason it would be a blow to him is that he would have to take care of his own kids. It would hardly be traumatizing to him

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at the previews of the next ep. It always just shows random clips put together and doesn't show any small synopsis of whats to come.
Its not just you.

Back
Top Bottom