magazines to subscribe to?

Joined Apr 25, 2005
What are some good magazines to subscribe to?

I need to read something outside of my school work.

I like hiphop, art, lauren london and technology -- if it helps.

Thats My Word

formerly derrty6232
Joined Apr 29, 2006
Turn this into a free magazine subscription thread. Anybody have any links for free magazines?

wj4

Joined Jul 6, 2002
I don't have any subscription because I like the experience of walking into the local Barnes And Noble and check out the mags in person and see if it'sworthy of buying. The mags I check out are Mens Health, GQ, Esquire, Forbes, and Money.

jpzx

Supporter
Joined Feb 7, 2008
For me...

-SI
-Rolling Stone
-Entertainment Weekly

Joined Sep 20, 2003
Only ones I'll actually read:

- Men's Health
- Complex
- GQ

I tried gettin into XXL, Source and etc. t but the internet is better for **!! like that.

Joined Apr 14, 2004
only mag i buy is front, i wish i could get a subscription but it's from the UK

Joined May 9, 2009
Originally Posted by wj4

I don't have any subscription because I like the experience of walking into the local Barnes And Noble and check out the mags in person and see if it's worthy of buying. The mags I check out are Mens Health, GQ, Esquire, Forbes, and Money.
GQ and Esquire are legit

and if you like art Photographers Forum = dank

Joined Jun 17, 2008
Get an issue of Monocle and see if you like it. It's pretty pricey at about $10 an issue but it covers a wide range of interests including internationalbusiness, travel, fashion, politics, design, culture, etc.

wj4

Joined Jul 6, 2002
Originally Posted by ST0NEFAYCE

the magazine business must be terrible
word to everything having a .com nowadays
Just like newspapers, they make a killing from ads. Just because kids on NT don't buy 'em, doesn't mean they're not making akilling.

Joined May 7, 2009
Originally Posted by wj4

Just like newspapers, they make a killing from ads. Just because kids on NT don't buy 'em, doesn't mean they're not making a killing.
being on nt has little to nothing to do with it

everyone is on the internet, but i do see where ads come into play as there cash cow

arrjae

Banned
Joined Aug 10, 2008
for me
-complex
-slam
-dime
-xxl
-maxim

i think theyre all good reads....

Joined May 3, 2007
Wired - tech based but a lot of very interesting articles about the craziest world issues

Esquire - men's fashion and living. always nice articles about personal stuff a nice guides to dressing and interesting stuff like that. GQ is good too butmore expensive I think.

Businessweek - A favorite of mine for a long time, I've heard it has a slightly liberal bias but I don't really see it. I love it cause its a quick yetin depth read, I get it every Monday in the mail and it catches me up since I don't have time to read Wall Street Journal daily.

ESPN - cheap subscription, I get it for the giant detailed full spread sports pics, the occasional good article and for espn.com insider access

Joined Dec 31, 2004
Originally Posted by wj4

Just like newspapers, they make a killing from ads. Just because kids on NT don't buy 'em, doesn't mean they're not making a killing.
Word to Lenny Dykstra?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now