MAKING A MURDERER | Season 2 on October 19th!

Was Steven Avery set up to take the fall?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
When the juror had to be excused for his family emergency, didn't they give Steven the option to have the case be declared a mistrial? Why didn't he take it?
Either way, they would still have to retry Steven and he would have to wait it out in jail during that time. The defence probably thought that he did a bang up job presenting all the holes in the case (which they did) so why move for a mistrial at that point and give the cops to make up more ish.

Ken Kratz is a perfect example of why I never trust people that are on that holier than thou steeze.

This mess is disgusting but I'm not surprised. Brandon's PD was a complete bafoon and an embarrassment.

Last edited:
By far. With Serial, I could at least understand how Adnan could've done it. With MaM, I'm 100% convinced Avery was framed.

Ken Kratz

Len Kachinsky

O'Reilly

Colburn

Lenk

Can all **** themselves.

Avery's lawyers really did kill it. My favorite part of the series was watching these dudes poke holes in all of the stories/lies being told on the stand. Well worth whatever Avery had to pay those dudes.

Colburn remembering the call from that detective saying they arrested the wrong guy . . . and not reporting it until he heard Avery was released from prison. Come on son.

The lack of physical DNA evidence was what really shocked me. A couple of suspiciously placed blood stains in the car, and an inconclusive DNA test on a random bullet?! When this was supposed to be a gruesome murder. . . .NAH . That's all bad. President Obama needs to go ahead and release these dudes.

I read this part in Arya's voice from GoT when was naming off the people on her revenge list :lol:. Somebody needs to make a gif of that

There's no way that kid should be spending the rest of his life in prison. I'm speechless.

So this kid barely has an elementary reading level yet can somehow cover up the perfect crime? :smh:

I hopw this show goes mainstream and justice is served

Man let's keep that out of this thread. If anything, Avery's case shows that the justice system is messed up all around. Let's operate solely on that premise, rather than introducing race into the conversation.

Surprised this hasn't turned into a race thread yet. Srs
eyes.gif

True true, but this is one thing I hate about the whole judicial system. Like when you can't see bs for exactly what it is. This case shoulda been thrown so far out of the court room. And he should have been exonerated. Not one of those fake "nolle prosequi" case statuses either. This happens all the time in country/rural areas and there's nothing you can do.

There's no way that kid should be spending the rest of his life in prison. I'm speechless.

So this kid barely has an elementary reading level yet can somehow cover up the perfect crime? :smh:

I hopw this show goes mainstream and justice is served

Bruh. Watching Fassbender and Wiegert confirm that Dassey heard his Miranda rights (and by doing so waived his right to an attorney) during that initial interrogation was pretty shocking to me. Dassey obviously didnt understand the type of trouble he was in; even after admitting to murder . . so it's fair to assume dude has NO clue what Miranda rights were or what they entail. He didn't know he had the right to counsel. Didn't even have a lawyer. Couldn't even mentally process that he was about to be charged for a crime.

If you listen to Dassey try to communicate with these ***** *** detectives for two minutes you can tell that he isn't all there on an intellectual level. Between his body language, the low tone in which he speaks, and how absurdly inconsistent his stories are, there's no way Fassbender and Wiegert didnt know he was challenged to a point.

How any of those "confessions" could be allowed in court . . . I dont even know. Whether he answered those questions "yes" or "no" was COMPLETELY dependent on what he thought the detectives wanted to hear. Sad stuff :smh:

Not funny but my man was like Wrestlemania is April 10th, he really thought he was coming home soon. You could tell he was not aware of what was going on at all.

Last edited:
Dude was worried about missing a project due that day, when he's being questioned.

sick.gif

Like come on. How you going to use his statements in trial when they know they had no lawyers or parent present. Forget he's a minor, the kid is obviously slow.

Bruh. Watching Fassbender and Wiegert confirm that Dassey heard his Miranda rights (and by doing so waived his right to an attorney) during that initial interrogation was pretty shocking to me. Dassey obviously didnt understand the type of trouble he was in; even after admitting to murder . . so it's fair to assume dude has NO clue what Miranda rights were or what they entail. He didn't know he had the right to counsel. Didn't even have a lawyer. Couldn't even mentally process that he was about to be charged for a crime.

If you listen to Dassey try to communicate with these ***** *** detectives for two minutes you can tell that he isn't all there on an intellectual level. Between his body language, the low tone in which he speaks, and how absurdly inconsistent his stories are, there's no way Fassbender and Wiegert didnt know he was challenged to a point.

How any of those "confessions" could be allowed in court . . . I dont even know. Whether he answered those questions "yes" or "no" was COMPLETELY dependent on what he thought the detectives wanted to hear. Sad stuff
mean.gif
These two dirtbag investigators KNEW exactly what they were doing. They probably saw Dassey walk in and exchanged smirks like "GOT EM!"

I haven't begun watching this yet, but I grew up an hour away from where this all took place and its definitely a talking point to say the least around the area.

Just finished episode 9 and man smh​
They convicted a child based off of no evidence.  ​
They knew he was mentally challenged ​
and still took his word for face value even ​
after evidence supported that he lied.  ​
It's like no one listened to the defense's ​
arguments in either case or even cared to take ​
into consideration the evidence the defense ​
presented that would contradict what the state ​
charged them with.  ​
Hopefully this series sheds enough light on ​
the situation and these ppl will have to answer​
for the horrible things they have done to these ​
two innocent individuals and their family. ​
 ​

So am I buggin or did the prosecutors give two versions of homegirls death?
They gave a press conference giving pure speculation on the case

before the trial started.  They basically said steven had cut her up 

in the house, then dragged her to the garage.  No blood was found 

in either place.  They then changed their story and gave no evidence 

to support their theory and still won.  All that evidence conflicts everything

they were being charged with.  The test by the FBI was a joke.  They appeal

and get the exact same judge.  They blatantly went out their way to convict 

these men and the community as well as media outlets failed them by not 

being smart enough to use common sense! 

Last edited:
They for sure did with all confidence and no one questioned it. One were it was just Avery, the other where he goaded Dassey into it. It's really sad what they did to that kid. I will say about race since it was brought up briefly, strip away color lines and classism takes the place of racism. That's why I wish there was more unity. But that's all I'll say, I won't entertain anything further.

Averys lawyers presented a great case the deck was just stacked too damn high.
i don't know man. I don't know how much they cut from the documentary but at some points I think the lawyers gave the jury too much credit, for example when the questioned the police officer about the license plate number and the radio call...they could have gone harder.

Back
Top Bottom