Making The Band 4- Day26

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

With Diddy behind them... they'll never do anything.

I been waitin on they project for a while, but I'm starting to not care very much. All of them have GREAT voices, which is why I'm so drawn to them as artists. But they don't even sound like a group. Just 5 very good singers tryna outdo each other.

Don't you think you should wait until the album drops before you can determine this? I think you're right though from the little we've heardfrom their new album. They have no chemistry but its due to them being thrown into a group and right off the back having to produce an album out of it. DanityKane doesn't seem to have this problem or they don't IMO. They sound like they've been singing forever.
WHy did they call themselves Day26?
I don't think they've said it on a episode. I think these episodes are from around last year some time so they haven't come to presenttime yet. I actually heard them give the explanation on TRL but I forgot what it was. It went something along the lines of them being together as a group onthe 26th of whatever month.

^ Day26 -August 26th. The 26th day of competition, it was the day they were chosen to be in the band.

See, I have no problem with that name whatsoever. They were trying to be unique and not come up with some typical name.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

^ Day26 -August 26th. The 26th day of competition, it was the day they were chosen to be in the band.
I'll take your word for it lol. I knew it went something along those lines just forgot. IMO, the name is corny. What significance does they dayhave really? Unless its an ode to some of their ex-housematers that name doesn't really hold nothin'.

I think it's a good name, it symbolizes he day that their lives changed, the 26th day of august

what kinda lame @!* name is danity kane?

the live version of exclusive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
> the studio version

joint gets played a few times daily.

That song exclusive when they sing it slow in the clips you all provided just listening to them now and then you can tell some of them have made some vocalimprovement. I dont like the bands name though, where did Diddy get this?

Originally Posted by PAsSback

WHy did they call themselves Day26?

I must have missed the episode

At first they were going to be called the 826 boys...because on August 26 (8/26) Diddy announced the band....they later changed it to Day 26

Don't you think you should wait until the album drops before you can determine this? I think you're right though from the little we've heard from their new album. They have no chemistry but its due to them being thrown into a group and right off the back having to produce an album out of it. Danity Kane doesn't seem to have this problem or they don't IMO. They sound like they've been singing forever.
No doubt fam... and that's why I'll definitely check for the album when it drops. I mean I had high hopes... I'm just more used tobeing disappointed these days than pleasantly surprised. And since Diddy is behind it, I can see him droppin the ball again.

Danity Kane is hot... and they shoulda been double plat last album. They gave them 2 videos... didn't even let them drop "One Shot" which was anautomatic hit. They sold more than his wack $@* album did, and he got salty. They was even on Wendy Williams talkin about how they still broke working withim. If anything... DK has the chance to blow... more chance than Day 26 ever will.

And if he's screwin them over... then I know for a fact he will mess them up. No matter how good they can sing.

^My favorites from the DK album were "Right Now", "Want It", and "Sleep On It"
I'm surprised that none of those 3 were released as singles

but I'm sure they're album is gonna be hot...2 of You, Damaged, Is Anybody Listening are great

I've heard all the leaks so far from Day26...
I like the group and I like the songs, but not really LOVING the songs
[except for "Together"...and "Want You Exclusive" is cool too]

but most of these joints don't sound like:
1) hit singles
or even
2) those type of songs on an album that don't get released as singles because they're not radio-friendly but are still great nonetheless and oftenbetter than the singles

I'm not getting either of those vibes from the songs
and that worries me about the Day26 album and their career's success

Robert has a great voice tho and it would be a shame if he doesn't get to record much more material in the years to come

Don't you think you should wait until the album drops before you can determine this? I think you're right though from the little we've heard from their new album. They have no chemistry but its due to them being thrown into a group and right off the back having to produce an album out of it. Danity Kane doesn't seem to have this problem or they don't IMO. They sound like they've been singing forever.
No doubt fam... and that's why I'll definitely check for the album when it drops. I mean I had high hopes... I'm just more used to being disappointed these days than pleasantly surprised. And since Diddy is behind it, I can see him droppin the ball again.

Danity Kane is hot... and they shoulda been double plat last album. They gave them 2 videos... didn't even let them drop "One Shot" which was an automatic hit. They sold more than his wack $@* album did, and he got salty. They was even on Wendy Williams talkin about how they still broke working wit him. If anything... DK has the chance to blow... more chance than Day 26 ever will.

And if he's screwin them over... then I know for a fact he will mess them up. No matter how good they can sing.

So true Diddy stopped promoting them as soon as they were close to going Platinum. Dude does seem like the jealous type.

I can't get into Exclusive too much. Melody isn't too original. Check out Stone Cold Gentleman by Ralph Tresvant.......kinda old school but I alwaysfollowed N.E. projects.

No doubt fam... and that's why I'll definitely check for the album when it drops. I mean I had high hopes... I'm just more used to being disappointed these days than pleasantly surprised. And since Diddy is behind it, I can see him droppin the ball again.

Danity Kane is hot... and they shoulda been double plat last album. They gave them 2 videos... didn't even let them drop "One Shot" which was an automatic hit. They sold more than his wack $@* album did, and he got salty. They was even on Wendy Williams talkin about how they still broke working wit him. If anything... DK has the chance to blow... more chance than Day 26 ever will.

Yea no kiddin'. One Shot was the hottest *%$ i've heard from their album IMO. B Cox killed that. I was shocked that wasn't the single. Pufftried to hop on that snappin' phase with Showstopper and I guess it worked since it got them platinum but he dropped the ball on that album. Interscopedropped about 7 videos for the Pussycatt Dolls and they consistently sold because they had something on the radio. I thought Danity Kane had a chance to do thesame but Puff let their buzz die down. Its goin' to be interesting to see how Danity Kane does on this album. I can easily see them floppin'. I thinkPuff is too focused on this acting and Hollywood *%$.

i havent seen an episode but how many members are there? i seen like 8 peeps up there.

Originally Posted by HOVTALK

i havent seen an episode but how many members are there? i seen like 8 peeps up there.
yea its 8 word to the name bein day26 cause 6+2 = 8
happy.gif

but after seein this thread yall forced me to download the songs smh i was tryin to hold out
that together is
pimp.gif

free is too sick i thought dude on the first page was hypin it up but man that song is the truth
come in
pimp.gif

This album is copped and i havent copped an album in forever let alone an male rnb album lol

Real quick, there was a joint they were doing. It was actually the theme song to the show in the first episode. I believe it's called "I KNOWTHIS". It was what they played when Aubrey was whining about the fellas getting all the hot records. That %@+$ sound type hot.

Now for this madness. The nonsense. The %@+$ talking. First off, all that madness about them not sounding like a group and being 5 seperate voices, that BEENcovered. Nothing new.

And I love internet types talking about "automatic hit" like there is such a thing. And how they will go nowhere with Diddy behind them. Like Totaland 112 went nowhere.

Puff is a shark. No doubt. You swim in deep waters with him. You will get eaten. If you're not up on YOUR business, he will take you for everythingyou've got. And why shouldn't he. You're the sucker.

But I think you need to understand. These kids are going to probably get the worst deals of all. It's a %%*@*+% reality show. I'm sure they gave upeverything just to be on the show. And that's thr price you pay for being completely unknown one day, and a celebrity the next.

If these dudes ain't making 5-10k for every club they walk into, they're idiots. No way any of these people should be broke. Record sales were neverhow you make money. Shows, appearances, side hustles (Aubrey modeling for Famous etc.) is where it's at.

As for Danity Kane going double platinum because they had 2 videos.......you clearly have no idea what it's like in the music business right now. Did youknow that American Gangster JUST went Plat?

The game ain't the same kids.....

And as for why Puff stropped promoting them as they went platinum, you need to understand the economics of the biz. Just because the album is platinumdoesn't mean it's profitable. And if you ain't profitable in business you're dead.

I'm sure Puff spent A LOT to get the project off. But the album was probably sale priced to death so they could go #1 and move units. So it makes lessmoney. My guess if Puff cut the project off when he go out of the red and into the black.

Either way, this is my favorite %@+$. Monday night, Flavor Of Love and MTB4 back to back? Say word!

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yall really digging these dudes?? N's is clowns and wont last past therefirst album...after it drops, we never hear from them again...Guarantee it..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yall really digging these dudes?? N's is clowns and wont last past there first album...after it drops, we never hear from them again...Guarantee it..
laugh.gif

Welcome to about 3 or 4 posts ago when NTers clearly stated that Diddy will drop the ball on this project
tired.gif
I'm diggin the tracks I've heard thus far. I'm also feelin thevibe that Donnie is gettin with 7. 7 is a strange dude, but he is very talented.

you sure homie? there are 4 memebers and 26 is the 26th of august when the band was picked out.
free is too sick i thought dude on the first page was hypin it up but man that song is the truth
definately
________________________________________________________________________________

illphillip, good point.

Originally Posted by KingHawthorne95

you sure homie? there are 4 memebers and 26 is the 26th of august when the band was picked out.
definately
________________________________________________________________________________

illphillip, good point.

lol i was just messin around but if u gon correct me u should have put the right number lol...... its 5 mike, will, robert, q and brian
tongue.gif

and that together is tough robert is standin out on these tracks
pimp.gif

illphillip - Yo... why do you always speak with such an heir of superiority? Obviously... you know your stuff... I can't remember exactly what your jobis, but I believe that you work in the industry, which is why you always have great insight on topics. But share your insight... there really is no need foryou claim me or anyone else as "internet types" when you don't know me from Adam. If anything, I WANT to hear your opinion based on yourexperience in the game. How old are you? You been doin this for a while right??

My opinion was simply that they are handling Danity Kane wrong... how am I being insulted for that opinion like it's so outlandish? Obviously there is nosuch thing as an "automatic hit"... no one is stupid. But "One Shot" had a ton of hit potential and it was by far one of their best songs. That was my only point and my opinion.

And for the record... I am a "nobody" right now I guess you could say, but I'm also not hardly some "internet type." I am asinger/songwriter/composer from VA, and I am currently working on a lot upcoming projects and I have a lot of connects. I actually am moving out to LA in 3weeks to work with those labels. I'm young (19), and I have experience... but not nearly enough. I have no ego... and I'm always eager and willing tolearn. But all that, "you are beneath me" talk... that isn't really necessary IMO, and I learn nothing from that. So there is nothing for meto "understand."

At the end of the day... I'm desensitized by the music industry right now. These brothas are extremely talented and I would love to see them succeed. ButI just don't have much faith in it happening right now. Hopefully that lack of faith gets proved wrong, and hopefully they drop a hot and successfulalbum. And I'll definitely be checkin for the new DK album, cause they are dope.

Back
Top Bottom