Making The Band 4- Day26

^^I think Mike is a better singer, but more importantly he had the bigger buzz for the group. I would of thought Brian H (2:14) would have made it after thatperformance

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

illphillip - Yo... why do you always speak with such an heir of superiority? Obviously... you know your stuff... I can't remember exactly what your job is, but I believe that you work in the industry, which is why you always have great insight on topics. But share your insight... there really is no need for you claim me or anyone else as "internet types" when you don't know me from Adam. If anything, I WANT to hear your opinion based on your experience in the game. How old are you? You been doin this for a while right??

My opinion was simply that they are handling Danity Kane wrong... how am I being insulted for that opinion like it's so outlandish? Obviously there is no such thing as an "automatic hit"... no one is stupid. But "One Shot" had a ton of hit potential and it was by far one of their best songs. That was my only point and my opinion.

And for the record... I am a "nobody" right now I guess you could say, but I'm also not hardly some "internet type." I am a singer/songwriter/composer from VA, and I am currently working on a lot upcoming projects and I have a lot of connects. I actually am moving out to LA in 3 weeks to work with those labels. I'm young (19), and I have experience... but not nearly enough. I have no ego... and I'm always eager and willing to learn. But all that, "you are beneath me" talk... that isn't really necessary IMO, and I learn nothing from that. So there is nothing for me to "understand."

At the end of the day... I'm desensitized by the music industry right now. These brothas are extremely talented and I would love to see them succeed. But I just don't have much faith in it happening right now. Hopefully that lack of faith gets proved wrong, and hopefully they drop a hot and successful album. And I'll definitely be checkin for the new DK album, cause they are dope.
Yo. Not for nothing, but my nickname is illphil, not friendly Phil. HA!

But I appreciate where you're coming from. You have to understand, I've worked in the music business since college, and I take it seriously. There werethings you said that I wasn't feeling, which I pointed out. It wasn't an air of superiority. But I speak with confidence, as you did when you made yourstatements.

Things can seem so simple from the outside looking in. So and so dropped the ball. You know how many times I've had an artist, or a manager try to %*++ onme because myself, or the company I work for "dropped the ball". It's ridiculous. We all go into these projects with the best intentions.We'd love every artist to break and sell and everyone would make millions. But it doesn't always happen like that. We'd love it if every record wethought was a "hit" was. But it ain't.

I just get irked when I see people that I am not sure are even experienced in the business throwing in their 2 cents like this %*++ is easy. The musicbusiness, much like any business is more complicated than it appears on the surface. And some of the things you said I felt were a bit off so I challengedthem.

With that said, anytime anyone on here has questions about the biz, I always offer whatever advice I can, and I'm sure some peeps would say that I havegiven them some good information. I am not just here to throw my opnion around haphazardly. So if you got questions, hit me. PM or whatever.

I never suggested you were a "nobody" I don't speak like that. I started as an intern. I worked in the mailroom. There is no such thing in thisbusiness as a nobody.

^Yo... I dig where you comin from, and I definitely understand your seriousness about it. I only took offense because I know how serious I am about the musicindustry and to be honest... I usually catch heat from others from how hard I am on people regarding the business. And I'm a youngin
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, I have a whole lot more learning to do and I look forward to it all. I truly live for this #*$!... and as an artist, I just get upsetthat the industry is so stagnant, because artists have less opportunities to truly take risks musically. Like Day 26... with their voices, they should bemaking that real R&B #*$!, like on a Dru Hill type tip.... and I don't think that is gonna happen on their album. They'll never be like a popsensation which I feel they are trying to make them. I mean lets be real... don't nobody wanna see Big Mike dancing around
laugh.gif
. We wanna hear them SING. But that is really a whole nother topic.

Anyway... I got nothin but respect for your seriousness in your approach to the game. That's really the way it should be anyway. And I got a feeling thatwhen you hear what I'm workin on...you'll be surprised in a good way. I'll definitely shoot you a message when I get out to LA.

I have a feeling that if I punched any one of the clowns on this show in face - they would exhibit this *****assness.

good post. Ive been following this group since the first season. Im digging every track ive heard. That new Joint "since you've been gone" hasbeen on repeat for me
pimp.gif

So nobody remembers the "I Know This" joint I was talking about. Any info? I swear it was the theme song for the first episode.

DMV, all good. Holler at me whenever.

^Is that the guy in the white jacket with the green collar? He killed it! I watched this all of the way through as it is a good performance.

MTV.com had a contest a few months back about naming the band. It was on there site for a few weeks. A fan got a chance to name the band. I choose "NewEra", but of course you see that name didn't make the cut.

YO! What's goin' on over there at Bad Boy?

Danity Kane drops March 18th, while Day26 drops the following week.

Um...videos, promotion (Other than the show, if you want to call it that) Droppin' the ball...

New joint, "Don't Fight This Feeling"...straight piff, Big Mike and Willie killed it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

man I can't wait for this CD, maybe I'll hit up target on tuesday since it's in their ad, and pull some BS so maybe they'll give me a free copyfor making me come to the store...nah.

I do want that CD though.

What's going on with Donnie? Danity Kane and Day 26 got singles out, CD's coming out within the next 2 weeks, I assume videos are coming soon, they gotall these leaked tracks, and Donnie has...life?

damn I aint heard none of there joints.
But watch the show the other day, and listenin to the joints 7 was doin for donnie was crazy. He got some wild *!#* that sound hot without vocals, He cant ++@#that up if he tried.

Originally Posted by kickz4242

New joint, "Don't Fight This Feeling"...straight piff, Big Mike and Willie killed it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
, Willie seems to be the "lead singer" of this bandlistening to all the tracks. imo

Donnie's album will be much better than Day 26s... Can't wait to hear "Rolling Stone" & "Dr. Love"

Back
Top Bottom