Man shoots up club with AK-47 after DJ plays wrong song vol. welcome to Philly

First it was shooting up buses, now strip clubs...I fully expect someone to do a drive-by from the El before the year is out.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/...ip-club-with-ak-47-after-dj-plays-wrong-song/
Police in Philadelphia are hoping that video of a man shooting up a strip club with an AK-47 assault rifle over a DJ’s song selection will lead to his arrest.

Investigators on Wednesday said that 21-year-old Henry Pettigrew was being sought for the May 11th shooting at Purple Orchid Gentleman’s Club.

Police said that bouncers at the club tried to remove him after he became angry because the DJ would not play his favorite song.

Pettigrew and an accomplice then assaulted a customer, who they mistook for one of the bouncers. When the customer ran to the parking lot and tried to flee in his SUV, Pettigrew grabbed an AK-47 and began firing at the vehicle. The customer was hit above his right hip and was expect to recover.

“Fortunately where it hit him, it hit the flesh of his body and it didn’t hit any vital organs,”

Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson Lt. Johnny Walker explained, according to WPVI.

The video then showed Pettigrew falling — apparently due to intoxication — as he tried to run back inside the strip club. The suspect fired several rounds in the direction of the DJ. The DJ could be seen ducking for cover as a bullet struck the mirror behind where his head had been.

“Just wildly, obviously with an AK-47 with a banana clip, it can fire multiple rounds at a high rate of speed very quickly,” Walker observed.

Pettigrew was described as a 5’11″ tall black male, who weighs about 180 pounds and has a thin beard. His accomplice was also a black male, thought to be between 20 and 25 years old and about 5’10″.

Anyone with information was urged to call Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477). Tips can be sent via SMS text to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
(vid won't embed)

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8907410

So, yeah. That's that. I do wonder what song it was tho.

The DJ must've played "Rich as F" instead and the chorus hurt his feelings ...

he was like "see me in the club cats know i dance wit weapons"

then he was like

i got that hypnotiq inside
blue steel, truth steal how he got it inside
told the bouncer if i got to leave it outside
got to squeeze it, got to leave him outside

was it this
nerd.gif

That's a strip club in one of the grimiest parts in the city. You can't say that's indicative of the entire city

I wish this fool would have shot himself when he slipped on the ground cause of the rain. 

I LOVE my city but man **** is really getting out of control, I know its always been like this but what is wrong with people ?

I wish this fool would have shot himself when he slipped on the ground cause of the rain. 

I LOVE my city but man **** is really getting out of control, I know its always been like this but what is wrong with people ?

Something in the air in Philly man. :smh:

That's a strip club in one of the grimiest parts in the city. You can't say that's indicative of the entire city
True, Center City is a beautiful place.

That's just too damn fair for this life.

was it this
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

city of brotherly love?
mean.gif

another reason why I dont go out much. Too much lunacy going on EVERYWHERE
Definitely. Ever since that incident last year where dude got kicked out of a bar for smoking, came back strapped and killed 9 people (but not the one that kicked him out), I've been mostly keeping my black buns in the crib.

The bystander screamin lawwwd
the dj screamin lawwwd
the ak screamin lawwwd
/seems appropriate

Last edited by a moderator:
Do dudes in philly think before they do dumb **** like this, seems like they always have something to prove, you ruin other peoples night because your song wouldnt be played smh weak minded people

Real talk i stopped going out to the hood spots a long time ago. When i was single with no kids and young I didn't give a **** but as I got older I started to realize the amount of times I got into it with people really stood out to me.

The cold thing about it, is some dudes really just head out the house expecting to beef. They actively look to start some ****. You can see them in the club or bar just eyeballing everybody crazy. Waiting for someone to bump by or look at them funny. **** is corny and depressing.

A friend of mine was killed some months back by a 19 year old, my boy was 30. The kid was poppin off crazy and when he tried to test my homie, my man checked him and went about his night. The kid came back later on him and pulled out a pistol and shot him dead in the club. It ****** me terrible cause I can't even understand how he even ended up rolling in the dirt with this kid. Crazy part of about it, the club wasn't even a hood spot. :smh:

Real talk i stopped going out to the hood spots a long time ago. When i was single with no kids and young I didn't give a **** but as I got older I started to realize the amount of times I got into it with people really stood out to me.

The cold thing about it, is some dudes really just head out the house expecting to beef. They actively look to start some ****. You can see them in the club or bar just eyeballing everybody crazy. Waiting for someone to bump by or look at them funny. **** is corny and depressing.

A friend of mine was killed some months back by a 19 year old, my boy was 30. The kid was poppin off crazy and when he tried to test my homie, my man checked him and went about his night. The kid came back later on him and pulled out a pistol and shot him dead in the club. It ****** me terrible cause I can't even understand how he even ended up rolling in the dirt with this kid. Crazy part of about it, the club wasn't even a hood spot. :smh:
That's a terrible story, but that guy should have left the club

A friend of mine was killed some months back by a 19 year old, my boy was 30. The kid was poppin off crazy and when he tried to test my homie, my man checked him and went about his night. The kid came back later on him and pulled out a pistol and shot him dead in the club. It ****** me terrible cause I can't even understand how he even ended up rolling in the dirt with this kid. Crazy part of about it, the club wasn't even a hood spot.
mean.gif
That is totally vag in every possible way. Sorry about your homie, that's a ****** up way to go.

You can't really expect this not to happen in this area of Philly

This wasnt exactly happening in Olde City

Back
Top Bottom