Man shot and killed over a parking space in Florida VOL....STAND YOUR GROUND?

You are correct, he probably didn't think things would go the way they did.
BUT had he thought prior to pushing dude down rather than being impulsive, he might still be alive today.
Now he's gonna have a real hard time protecting his family.

You think he left his house that day thinking of either getting in an altercation or the stand your ground law? No.

You're doing this hindsight mess when it's not a realistic way of looking at the situation that McGlockton got himself in to.

I'm tellin' you 1st hand, because I've been in a situation like this, ALL sensibility/rationale goes out the window if you're seeing a loved one get threatened.

You honestly think he had time to process the stand your ground law when he witnessed the altercation?

It's VERY easy to play armchair QB in a situation about what should/could have happened. In the real world, things don't work that way.

thats you
everyone isnt you

to some, that law (and others) are on their mind before an altercation

Knew his laws?

Dude saw someone having a heated argument with his spouse. What do you expect him to do in that situation with someone who was CLEARLY out to kill (based off of his history)

But how would the victim know the guy's history

You think he left his house that day thinking of either getting in an altercation or the stand your ground law? No.

You're doing this hindsight mess when it's not a realistic way of looking at the situation that McGlockton got himself in to.

I can't say what he was thinking, neither can you.
My viewpoint is very realistic. After the TM thing, most of the country is well aware of Stand Your Ground.
If you are in Florida and you are going to get physical, there is a very good chance you might get shot.

care to elaborate as to why you feel this way?

their in fear of their safety is how i see it. They claim that people who carry everyday is scared of an *** whooping. They want to put hands on you and know for sure you aint going to shoot them but not everyone plays like that. Better off just controlling those emotions and talk it out like a man and walk off with these laws today in the south.

i live in the deep south surrounded by racists

i kinda have to process things like this to adjust my reaction

im the same bro because you can find yourself in this situation quick if you can't control them emotions down here. Racist everywhere ready to throw that N word in your face to get an reaction.

But you gotta realize where you at and process it

I can't say what he was thinking, neither can you.
My viewpoint is very realistic. After the TM thing, most of the country is well aware of Stand Your Ground.
If you are in Florida and you are going to get physical, there is a very good chance you might get shot.

Yes, after the TM shooting, the entire country was made aware of the stand your ground law in FLA.

However, you run the risk ANYWHERE of getting a burner pulled on you if there's an altercation. Difference is, unfortunately, in the state of Florida, you can be protected for killing if the state agrees that you were indeed threatened to the point of no return.

your inability to see the difference is what has you so up and arms in this thread.

simmer down Susan.

when i call some of these dudes remedial on NT, i mean it

Up and arms over an innocent man being killed, yup.

Up and arms over your moronic opinions and general stupidity, nope.

it was wrong on both sides... that 1 dude shouldnt have instigated over a parking spot just move along... but the other guy didnt need to shove that guy he couldve just walked away... and as a result he got shot which was karma in a way... obviously shooting someone for something petty like that is wrong but the guy who shoved him didnt help the situtation either... i doubt anything happens to him... look at the trayvon martin case which was worse and nothing happen there

it was wrong on both sides... that 1 dude shouldnt have instigated over a parking spot just move along... but the other guy didnt need to shove that guy he couldve just walked away... and as a result he got shot which was karma in a way... obviously shooting someone for something petty like that is wrong but the guy who shoved him didnt help the situtation either... i doubt anything happens to him... look at the trayvon martin case which was worse and nothing happen there

Walked away while his pregnant wife was being accosted by some nut?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
sometimes you have to let the pride go... obviously he tried to protect his wife but it cost him his life... he wouldnt be wrong to ignore the guy and walk away... too many crazy people out there so you cant escalate a situation if theres no need... its easier just to let it go in a situation like that

How can you see the optics of this and claim that this isn't about race. That's crazy.

sometimes you have to let the pride go... obviously he tried to protect his wife but it cost him his life... he wouldnt be wrong to ignore the guy and walk away... too many crazy people out there so you cant escalate a situation if theres no need... its easier just to let it go in a situation like that
**** that. Ppl are too comfortable with what they say towards black ppl. I'm not living my life as a victim or like a ....like a you know. F that.

Back
Top Bottom