Manny Paquiao !! Hes bringing asians back

What everyone's saying about Mayweather was exactly what I heard people say about Hatton.
And I bet half of the people saying Mayweather would demolish Pacquiao obviously didn't see the massacre that went down last night.
I wonder how Hatton will try and redeem himself, if possible..

And we never been into boxing until Pacman, OP.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

You sir, have no idea what you're talking about. Mayweather and Pacquiao have similar speed, and Marquez had the ability to deal with Pacquiao's. What makes you think PBF is going to demolish JMM when 1.) PBF only throws 1 punch at a time; and 2.) Marquez arguably throws the most on point angled punches of any fighter today. Why else do you think he's rated as the #2 P4P fighter in the world? JMM is going to give PBF a world of trouble because PBF isn't strong as Manny nor is he as active with his hands. PBF has the best defense in the game but it ain't like JMM is gonna be out there wasting punches.
It may be a good match. I think he will overwhelm marquez with his counters and his defense. Marquez has never fought above 135 and only foughtonce at 135. IMO, JMM was having a lot of trouble with Juan Diaz who was a bigger man that night. I think its going to be target practice for Money on July18th. Are you picking JMM? Down to put money on it? Lets keep it friendly and make it 25. Let me know....

Thanks for the upload. I'm at school this weekend so couldn't watch it. Great win by Pacquiao. But to address the topic of the post, Asians (I'llreplace this with 'Filipinos') were never anywhere that they could return to. We got America's Best Dance Crew, half of the Neptunes, and Pacquiao,but that's about it. We're on the rise. I love this guy's interviews though. He sounds exactly like my uncles with that accent and word choice.It's a unique experience for Filipinos having one of their own in the spotlight like this.

Originally Posted by GasBreakFlip707

What everyone's saying about Mayweather was exactly what I heard people say about Hatton.
And I bet half of the people saying Mayweather would demolish Pacquiao obviously didn't see the massacre that went down last night.

laugh.gif
Word...because Hatton and Mayweather are the same type of fighters, right?
eyes.gif

Dummy.

Originally Posted by GasBreakFlip707

laugh.gif
yall getting mad gassed. hatton has no defenese, dude was coming in on on pac without moving his head and with his hands down
smh.gif

I don't think non-Filipinos realize that pacman is like Obama to most of us. Many people thought there would be a black president or happen his fast.That's kinda like us and the sports world altogether. Before pacman I never wouldve guessed a Filipino dude would be on the front page of espn or anythinglike that.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

I don't think non-Filipinos realize that pacman is like Obama to most of us. Many people thought there would be a black president or happen his fast. That's kinda like us and the sports world altogether. Before pacman I never wouldve guessed a Filipino dude would be on the front page of espn or anything like that.

sort of like san antonio only has the spurs to cheer for
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

how he bringing asians back if they were never into boxing.

I can't speak for other Asians, but the sport of boxing is HUGE for Filipinos, and no, not just because of Pacquaio. Filipinos love boxing, well at leastmy family does
laugh.gif

But this thread is pointless.. go to S&T where there's already like 3 boxing threads..
smh.gif
at OP

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

floyd will beat this guy *#%......I like manny but floyd has great defense......and um asains were never in when it came to boxing
I thought Filipinos were the ones who introduced the style of boxing we know today? Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong.

edit: And there were many great Filipino boxers before Manny, but they just aren't recognized.
filipino is asain ?????

last time I check boxing has been dominated by itialians, blacks, russians, latinos, and I would say a few irish men

To the dude who asked if Hatton & Mayweather's fighting is similar.

I see it as, Hatton likes to be real close get his hits in and gives you the apology hug.

Mayweather likes to counter, and keep his distance but will go in for the kill when the chance is open.

Anyone know the name of the "Asian" fighter who took down Paquiao?

smh.gif

at some ppl replying in this thread....

hes not bringing any asians back, hes bringing filipinos on the rise....
evryone thinks all we're good for is nurses and amateur ball players....
grin.gif

and everyone has to stop hopping on the pacman bandwagon....

Originally Posted by arrjae

smh.gif

at some ppl replying in this thread....

hes not bringing any asians back, hes bringing filipinos ASIANS on the rise....
evryone thinks all we're good for is nurses and amateur ball players....
grin.gif

and everyone has to stop hopping on the pacman bandwagon....
Stop denying it. And I'm Filipino.

Back
Top Bottom