Manu Ginobili Wins 6th Man Award

Sasha Vujacic should've received some votes.

My dude Manu lookin like he bout to throw some rocks at peoples houses.

94dbb8b4248ecab9d872e1bce5037de4-getty-77733225jm012_6th_man.jpg

wow. he got a free Kia too? i thought they presented this before/during the game (maybe they will do that too).

wink.gif
23ska909red02 wrote:

I refuse to comment.

(Take THAT KanyeWestJayZ4Life and PO2345).
laugh.gif

Yeah right.

It's a shame that this flopping, Oscar-worthy goon is going to be awarded, and it's a shame that he's a Spur. Iceman and David RObinson have more talent in each of their pinkies than Ginobili has in his entire body.

And I've said this before (but apparently it gets passed over by guys like KanyeWestJayZ4Life, PO2345, and anyone else who regularly practices 'selective reading): Manu is definitely crazy talented. It's a shame that he decided to make exploitation and acting such a huge part of his game, because he doesn't NEED to resort to that. It's not like he's terrible, and the only way he can get buckets is by flopping and throwing himself all over the place; it's not like he NEEDS to bait the refs into calls all the time.

Dude is good.

And actually, I guess it's fitting that the award goes to one of the best floppers in the game, because at least, SOMEONE in the game who is known by nearly ALL non-Spurs fans and non-Argentina fans as a flopper will e getting an award, and that's the way it should be. The refs in today's game are so freaking terrible that the players in today's game know that if they force these dimwitted refs into calls, most of the time the refs are going to be clueless about what just really happened, so they're going to honor the guy on the floor.

I guess it's not ENTIRELY Manu's fault for realizing that, and realizing that he needs to be that guy on the floor.

P.S. I'd be remiss if I neglected saying this: that was NOT an anti-Spurs response. Get your head out of your butt and realize that was an anti-MANU response. That had NOTHING to do with the Spurs and EVERYTHING to do with Manu. Think. Thanks.
Dude.....You still on this?...Youre point has been taken let's move on.....
happy.gif

There is so much more to talk about in this forum instead of this....I hope this isn't the first of many references because it might be sign that you needsome fresh air....You do realize there is world outside of NT, right?
nerd.gif

You have stated your points, now let's move on, and we can keep the talk to basketball!! No problems here.
pimp.gif

Anyways, i have to get back to work, but i'll see you in the Game 2 thread!!!!
wink.gif

P.S.
Quit fronting!!!
roll.gif

Just joking around man...Nothing serious here.

PO

He looks exactly like the dude in Hostel that tells the two Americans about the hostel, the one with the digital camera.

congrats, its not his fault pop wants him coming off the bench and the nba allows flopping. This dude cant do anything right smh.

Dang, wrote a whole thing out...but lost it cos i wasnt logged in...basically saying that ska gets all of the heat cos he's the only one that actuallytakes the time to develop an argument...but i respect that, even as a spur fan in this instance..

also, congrats Manu, time to go ape crazy on the league and match that trophy with the finals mvp trophy.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

The refs in today's game are so freaking terrible that the players in today's game know that if they force these dimwitted refs into calls, most of the time the refs are going to be clueless about what just really happened, so they're going to honor the guy on the floor.

I guess it's not ENTIRELY Manu's fault for realizing that, and realizing that he needs to be that guy on the floor.

I commend Ska for addressing this. I also would like to follow up, though I already know I will be obliterated like a snowball in hell (flamed).

It is not Manu's fault that the rules allow for flopping. If there is an advantage gained by playing withinthe rules, then why not take it? It is no different than the "Hack-a-Shaq." People thought it was cheap, so the NBA decided to disallow it inthe last 2 minutes of the game. So the rules need to be changed. I do agree there should be a penalty for flopping. If it happens once, just leave the playalone. But if it happens again, it's a technical foul. The league has become incredibly soft, but that's a discussion for another day. Or, theofficials can just let them play on.

And to be honest, the problem of flopping has gone beyond Manu. I've seen way too many players flopping and complaining. I've been watching theleague since the mid 90's and the game has definitely changed for the worse.

In short, I hope the rules do change. It seems that whenever Manu gets some type of praise, it's always, "well, he's a great player andhe's gifted... but he flops." It is a valid point, because flopping can help a player out tremendously (more ft's, defense reluctant to makecontact, etc...), but it's almost as if people put an asterisk in everything he does.

In a couple years, when Manu gets more praise, I just want it to be, Manu is a great player. Period.

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Sasha Vujacic should've received some votes.

My dude Manu lookin like he bout to throw some rocks at peoples houses.

94dbb8b4248ecab9d872e1bce5037de4-getty-77733225jm012_6th_man.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Manu rockin the capri pants! Silly Euros (don't correct me... I know where Argentina is)

And yeah, why the hell is he posin for pictures in a parking lot.... in front of a Kia? Lookin' like he just won an All Conference award in High School
laugh.gif

He shouldn't even be a 6th man. How can you be the 6th best player on the team if you are the best player at your position on the team?

LeBron could win the award too, just have him come in after the game starts.

PO2345:
Dude.....You still on this?...Youre point has been taken let's move on.....
happy.gif

There is so much more to talk about in this forum instead of this....I hope this isn't the first of many references because it might be sign that you need some fresh air....You do realize there is world outside of NT, right?
nerd.gif

You have stated your points, now let's move on, and we can keep the talk to basketball!!
My fault, I didn't realize you had gotten my point. The last thing I remember reading from you was 'Your words NOW don't meananything.'

But that doesn't matter. If you're saying you got my point, and:
PO2345:
No problems here.
pimp.gif

then we're good. No problems here either.
happy.gif

let's put it this way, would you want your favorite team to be able to enjoy the luxury of having Manu come off the bench? I know I would.

Back
Top Bottom