Map Shows Salary Needed to Afford Average Priced Home in United States

Well the people from here do nothing but b.... and moan about the amount of people moving her from out of state :rolleyes

just saw this though :lol:

01A9EFB6-DBCB-421D-9DAF-9447D46E67B4.jpeg

Weed definitely played a role in making Colorado more popular but IMO the weather (on average Denver gets more sunshine than Florida), the lack of humidity, zero bugs and access to nature (the recreationally activities you can do in the mtns) is the reason why and still will make CO so expensive. Not to mention Colorado saw a huge surge in transplants from California moving to Colorado because Cali was so expensive. The city of Denver also offered (and still may) great tax incentives to large corporations who moved their headquarters to Denver.

Facts. The California transplant movement really made prices skyrocket.

270B1D91-B59A-410A-B12F-A02363457978.jpeg

If the deal closes, the property, believed to be one of the largest private undeveloped ranches in the Rocky Mountain West, will be one of the most expensive ever sold in the U.S. The deal also speaks to the general strength of the market in the Bozeman area, where real estate prices have skyrocketed amid the pandemic, according to people familiar with the area.

The sellers are the Anderson family. They have owned the property since 1959, when it was purchased by Buck Anderson, grandson of Bank of California founder Frank B. Anderson, and his wife Marcia Anderson, according to the agent. The property has been expanded over time.

Mr. Anderson died in 2012, and Ms. Anderson died last year. The property is being sold by their children.

"Keeping up with the Joneses is a real phenomenon in the United States, and that principle may be part of what's pushing up home sizes nationwide. In Illinois, the average home size is a moderate (by U.S. standards) 1,632 square feet, although new builds are much larger. That said, size alone may not be the primary driver: “For most buyers, the conversation isn't about square footage. It's about their room needs,” reports Mary Ellen Podmolik in the Chicago Tribune."

I dunno about new builds being bigger... all the new constructions I've seen in my area are way smaller compared to older houses here. Anyway my house is more than double the average size. :pimp:

Facts. The California transplant movement really made prices skyrocket.

There was a time, maybe it still is that CU was full of nothing but kids from Cali. Nothing against that because that campus was swarming with rich, white snow bunnies from Cali. The talent on that campus is slept on.

The rich and elite families always knew about places like Aspen, Vail and Breck and to a certain degree Jackson Hole but the masses are now flooding parts of the Western US for a chance at great weather, 'wide' open spaces and a diverse option of outdoor activities.

People complain about transplants, but they don't complain about the jobs and money brought to the state.

At one point I think half of my coworkers were from California.

Well the people from here do nothing but b.... and moan about the amount of people moving her from out of state :rolleyes

just saw this though :lol:

01A9EFB6-DBCB-421D-9DAF-9447D46E67B4.jpeg
Is it a lot of black people there? Dead srs.
When u buy sneakers in store, is it like the same 5 people or it’s a lot of sneaker people?

This thread done got me looking at homes :lol:

Just found a trailer house (single wide at that) in Texas going for 200K. Yeah, I don't think so. Who the hell would pay that.

That's not bad, it's really close to Austin, basically an Austin suburb.

The trailer is old but if that 0.45 of an acre means ABOUT half an acre that is a huge lot. That's a lot of land.

Just found a trailer house (single wide at that) in Texas going for 200K. Yeah, I don't think so. Who the hell would pay that.

Looks like you are paying for the land
That’s a lot of land in a good area

That's not bad, it's really close to Austin, basically an Austin suburb.

The trailer is old but if that 0.45 of an acre means ABOUT half an acre that is a huge lot. That's a lot of land.

You're basically paying for land. I'd tear the trailer down and build a house.

For Cedar Park prices, you could find a place in downtown Austin to live.

This joint looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, then I expand and see hella stores and restaurants/bars.

You're basically paying for land. I'd tear the trailer down and build a house.

For Cedar Park prices, you could find a place in downtown Austin to live.
For $200,000, which is what that trailer you posted is RN, you'll NEVER find a place to live in Austin.

$200,000 within Austin city limits will get you about 50 square feet.

Downtown Austin homes are starting at 6-700.

This joint looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, then I expand and see hella stores and restaurants/bars.
Cedar Park is really nice.

I'm not referring to the guy who posted it, but a lot of people on here don't know how central Texas is.

All of the infrastructure is brand new and we have all of the amenities of the best places in the country. It's on par with anything the USA can offer.

Is it a lot of black people there? Dead srs.
When u buy sneakers in store, is it like the same 5 people or it’s a lot of sneaker people?

Kinda curious about this as well.

Wonder if them Montana sneaker launches are wild or really, really boring. I'm sure a lot of us would prefer really boring with the way things are nowadays.

Kinda curious about this as well.

Wonder if them Montana sneaker launches are wild or really, really boring. I'm sure a lot of us would prefer really boring with the way things are nowadays.
If you are in the capital or in a town with a P5 college you’ll see some bruhs around (they will all be mostly on sports teams) but other than that it is as white as you think. Can’t say what sneaker launches are like but I can’t imagine them being that crazy.

The rich and elite families always knew about places like Aspen, Vail and Breck and to a certain degree Jackson Hole but the masses are now flooding parts of the Western US for a chance at great weather, 'wide' open spaces and a diverse option of outdoor activities.

The Wealthy well off buying big sky, paradise valley, flathead

the well off/rich buying in the more spread out land areas

those with enough money are buying up the regular market and offering more than asking price

The regular folk either play or shut up (aka complain to other regular folks about the people moving in).

And can’t forget those who just have enough money to buy a 2nd home or “vacation home” they’ll spend maybe 5-6 weeks of the year in

Back
Top Bottom