Marcus Jordan:NO ONE should EVER com par kobe Bryant to my dad

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Deuce King wrote:

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Kobe winnin more titles is not goin put him past jordan, bill russell has wt 11 rings, is he better than jordan, no, wat jordan did and how he did it makes his legacy far greater than anyone elses, past, present, and future.

Thanks for posting this. Someone with critical thinking skills, finally! Why would you include Rings in your debate anyway if you know dam well you have to mention shaq as being the anchor for 3 of them? smh, silly! Let daniel son win 9 Stern, who cares. He is not on nor will he ever be on MJ's level.
Exactly, alot of these Kobe fans really dig themselves their own hole when they bring up rings in comparison to MJ and Kobe.  I said this before and I'll say it again, Michael Jordan during his entire career with the Bulls played the role of Batman.........NEVER Robin.  Kobe on the other hand played the role of Robin for the first half of his career and the first 3 rings he Shaq got for him.  That right there tells you everything you need to know.
Kobe's numbers in those playoff runs are a lot better than you think they are. The teams could go to either one on any given night and still come away victorious.

Yet another Kobe fan in denial.........
laugh.gif
.  I'm going to tell you one more time just like I have told others on here.  Shaq was THE anchor for the first 3 championships that the Lakers won during Shaq and Kobe's tenure together.  It doesn't really matter what numbers Kobe was able to put up during that time because Shaq was the main guy during that 3-peat run, again Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin.  Facts is facts, and that's just the way it is.  I know alot of you Kobe fans want to try and rewrite history and want to purposely forget about Shaq and what he did for the Lakers and even for Kobe himself.  Be clear, the picture below is a great indication of what Shaq did for Kobe for the first 3 rings, as Shaq literally carried Kobe during their time together....................

shaqkobe.jpg

^ LOL @ Deuce

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Originally Posted by Nako XL

not trying to get caught up in this argument but 9 pages in and everyone's acting like scottie pippen never existed? he was arguably a top 5 player during several of those bulls championships.
QFT.
All these Jordan fans coming out the woodwork acting like he won 6 championships by himself
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Scottie was voted one of the 50th greatest players to ever play the game after 10 seasons...

Just because Shaq was the head honcho on the team does not mean that Kobe was just along for the ride. He was that perimeter player who complemented Shaq's game so well...
You don't have to hate on a player to believe that another player's legacy is greater.

^ Who helped mold pip into a HOFer? was pip always a top 50 player when with the bulls? NO! all the other role players MJ helped make known and noteworthy because he believed in them enough to involve them in his quest to winning. MJ was smart enough to realize he could not do it alone and humble enough to take daniel son's phone calls when daniel son would call asking how to do certain moves and how to have the killer instinct. Long story short, pip was a valuable asset to the bulls winning but in no means was he always some dominant all star, knock that off. Pip didn't start getting swag and serious heart until after the first couple rings. I watched dam near every gm back then. Pip became this top 50/HOFer after the 3rd ring imo.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Like I said I don't understand why some people get so bent out of shape in these threads. Its all a matter of opioion.

Look at it this way look at Kareem. This man had 6 rings, 2 time finals mvp, 6 regular season mvps, all time scoring leader, 3 in rebounds, 2 in blocks I believe and he doesn't even get mentioned as the greatest LAKER of all time. Its all Magic and Kobe. Look at his stat line. How could he not be metioned as the GOAT? Why because its all a matter of opioion.

Exactly! #8 is not even touching Kareem let alone MJ and Magic but he is now the best laker ever, smh yeah ok! I think not. As far as i am concerned in my years of watching the nba starting from the 80's, Kareem is the best laker then Shaq then Magic then #8 aka daniel son (yeah you get silly corny names when you a silly contrived cornball who tries to mimic another man's who persona, swag and play)

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

What game did he change?

People still put the same damn ball in the same damn net, and still dribble from one side of the court to the other.

If you wan to say he brought in crowds, then still no Magic with his showtime brought in crowds. as well as bird and the celtics.

If you want to say who sold more shoes and had more commercials then Jordan
Dude! the excictement, going more global, the competitiveness (more cats tryna be like Mike)...not to mention what a lot of folks forget or fail to mention is that MJ played in the nba when real teams and players existed not all the new age primma donnas you have now. You really think #8 would have lasted past the 1st round of the playoffs with that "hurt finger" playing in the 80's? Hellz no

What game did he change?

People still put the same damn ball in the same damn net, and still dribble from one side of the court to the other.

If you wan to say he brought in crowds, then still no Magic with his showtime brought in crowds. as well as bird and the celtics.

If you want to say who sold more shoes and had more commercials then Jordan
Flagarant, hard fouls because of how dominant Mike was. That changed the game. I don't recall Magic requiring teams to start K.O.'ing him. The ability to hang in the air longer than anyone else for jump shots. The incredible scoring ability. The hard nosed D. The crazy dunks and acrobatic shots. MJ changed the game for sure, and internationally, people flocked to the TV in record numbers.

Look at it this way look at Kareem. This man had 6 rings, 2 time finals mvp, 6 regular season mvps, all time scoring leader, 3 in rebounds, 2 in blocks I believe and he doesn't even get mentioned as the greatest LAKER of all time

That's because we have alot of fraudulent Lakers fans out there in the world, most of whom we can find in this very thread.  With that being said, any person that doesn't/wouldn't consider Kareem as one of the greatest Lakers of all-time obviously isn't a real Laker fan.

What game did he change?

Did you really just say what game did Jordan change??  Now see, right here.........right here is a clear indication of someone who clearly doesn't know basketball and as far as I'm concerned doesn't deserve to watch another sporting event for the rest of their life.  If there are any real Lakers fans left in this thread that want to establish themselves as such I suggest you stay clear of kvsm23vs24, this is the type of guy that gives Lakers fans a bad name and does more harm than good.  As the saying goes, one bad apple spoils the bunch and in this case that one bad apple would be kvsm23vs24, he's rotten to the core.

The line up of Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones and Vlade/Eazy E Campbell in the front line were some of the worst years for Laker fans. When Shaq came to LA, the Lakers became significant again and I will never forget what Shaq did for this Laker's franchise. 

However for people to say Shaq gave Kobe those rings is
roll.gif

Little do you know champ but you already shot down your own point of view on Kobe when you just said that the Lakers became significant again with Shaq landed in LA.  For you or anyone else to think that Shaq didn't get the Lakers or even better yet Kobe those first 3 rings a few years ago is laughable at best.  Again, we're talking about Shaq during his prime, and as most fans know was the most dominating player during that time.  You must have forgotten that those Lakers team were going up against the likes of the Spurs and Kings, both of whom had solid big men in the paint which Shaq dominated numerous times.

I know some of you Kobe fans such as yourself and a few others on here want to try and rewrite history but knowledgeable fans such as myself and a few others on here simply aren't going to allow that to happen.  Better luck next time.  Kobe should still be sending  Hallmark "Thank You " cards to Shaq for getting him his first 3 rings.  Otherwise, Kobe would have just gotten ring #2 right now instead of ring #5. 

Without a doubt back then Kobe was just as dominant as he is today but obviously back then it was Shaq's team

Obviously you weren't watching the wrong channel champ.

Shaq was the main man

That's all you had to say the first time, nevermind the rest of that nonsense you typed prior to this statement.

Is Kobe comparable to Jordan?  Sure
LOL.

The man has paid his dues and deserves all the praise/credit in the world. 

You call stealing another players entire game and snitching on fellow teammates "paying their dues"??  You really want folks to give Kobe credit for that.

What other player in the NBA today is even close to Jordan's level?
If he were actually on Jordan's level that would be something, but seeing as how he's not, who cares how close he is to him.  Either way no matter how you look at it Kobe is a very, very distant second to Jordan.  Matter of fact he's so far in the rearview mirror nobody should even be able to see him while driving.

Pip didn't start getting swag and serious heart until after the first couple rings. I watched dam near every gm back then. Pip became this top 50/HOFer after the 3rd ring imo.

Truth.

MJ changed the game for sure, and internationally, people flocked to the TV in record numbers.

More truth.

He acts like his dad never had bad shooting games in the finals. When they clinched against the Lakers he shot horribly. The "Last Shot" game. Again, he shot horribly. MJ was the man no doubt. But Kobe is lot closer to MJ than Marcus is lol.

The line up of Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones and Vlade/Eazy E Campbell in the front line were some of the worst years for Laker fans. When Shaq came to LA, the Lakers became significant again and I will never forget what Shaq did for this Laker's franchise. 

However for people to say Shaq gave Kobe those rings is
roll.gif

Little do you know champ but you already shot down your own point of view on Kobe when you just said that the Lakers became significant again with Shaq landed in LA. For you or anyone else to think that Shaq didn't get the Lakers or even better yet Kobe those first 3 rings a few years ago is laughable at best. Again, we're talking about Shaq during his prime, and as most fans know was the most dominating player during that time. You must have forgotten that thoseLakersteam were going up against the likes ofthe Spursand Kings, both of whom had solid big men in the paint which Shaq dominatednumerous times.
Where did I say Shaq was not Dominant? He was a beast. I know. I watched every single preseason game, regular season game, playoff game, finals, etc.. when Shaq was with the Lakers. I know how significant he was. Your point is moot because all you're doing is playing down the significance of Kobe Bryant. See Lakers vs Pacers game 4. Shaq fouls out and game goes into OT. Guess which 21 year old scored 28 points, and made the clutch baskets in OT? This isn't a dominant performance? Here's a quick reminder for you youngster.

Without a doubt back then Kobe was just as dominant as he is today but obviously back then it was Shaq's team

Obviously you weren't watching the wrong channel champ.
Obviously with this comment I now know of your lack of basketball knowledge and I am done responding to an ignorant individual such as yourself.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by crobers 78

"hey i am better than Mr. Miyagi so why don't i pick the #24 to try to differentiate myself from MJ".  
Another clueless Kobe Hater and nothing more.  You do realize why Kobe changed his number right?  Crazy8's were being rereleased by Adidas and Kobe didn't want to be associated with those shoes and that number 8.  I bet you didn't even know Kobe was endorsed by Adidas when he came in the league huh?  Plus number 24 was the number he wore during his freshman/sophomore years in high school and obviously he couldn't wear Kareem's number #33. 
laugh.gif
It had absolutely NOTHING to do with MJ but go ahead and keep thinking that.  Fill that HATE!! 

I love this thread because it's filled with all kind of responses from fans all over this country.  All this hatred Kobe is receiving just proves to me his legacy is SOLID because it's the same type of hatred Magic, Jordan, Bird, received. 

Thanks and keep going with the hatred... pure entertainment for me. 
laugh.gif

What does me being a Lakers fan have anything to do with this? i didnt even bring up Kobe or any Lakers

Come on finns, him being acrobatic didnt change a damn thing. the Doc, Iceman, Glyde, Cooper, Dom, were all flying before him.

Flagarant fouls were already used. your damn celtics would be knocking down every damn Laker and the Pistons were already hard-nosed before MJ was even there.

Internationally he did. i cant front on that he brought crowds, but to say he just changed the game is ridiculous.

What does me being a Lakers fan have anything to do with this? i didnt even bring up Kobe or any Lakers

Come on finns, him being acrobatic didnt change a damn thing. the Doc, Iceman, Glyde, Cooper, Dom, were all flying before him.

Flagarant fouls were already used. your damn celtics would be knocking down every damn Laker and the Pistons were already hard-nosed before MJ was even there.

Internationally he did. i cant front on that he brought crowds, but to say he just changed the game is ridiculous.
For sure, but MJ had the combination of "the shoes", the ridiculous air time that people were in awe with, etc. And honestly, MJ was torching everyone by driving to the basket until the flagrant MJ rules came into effect.

Where did I say Shaq was not Dominant?? He was a beast.? I know.? I watched every single preseason game, regular season game, playoff game, finals, etc.. when Shaq was with the Lakers.? I know how significant he was.? Your point is moot because all you're doing is playing down the significance of Kobe Bryant.? See Lakers vs Pacers game 4.? Shaq fouls out and game goes into OT.? Guess which 21 year old scored 28 points, and made the clutch baskets in OT?? This isn't a dominant performance?? Here's a quick reminder for you youngster.

Actually champ, you're the person with the moot point seeing as how you and a few others individuals on here are trying to upgrade Kobe's role or significance for his first 3 rings.  The fact of the matter is Kobe wouldn't have those 3 rings if it weren't for Shaq, hence why Shaq was the Finals MVP for those 3 championships and seeing how he won a regular season MVP trophy during that timeframe.  Kobe was Robin, no denying that.  The nerve of you saying Kobe was just as dominant then as he is now..........
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. That right there tells me everything that I need to know about you, which isn't much.  The difference between me and you is that I was actuallly watching that game of Kobe going off in OT versus the Pacers when it happened, you on the other hand, that's probably your first time watching those highlights. 

Where did I say Shaq was not Dominant?? He was a beast.? I know.? I watched every single preseason game, regular season game, playoff game, finals, etc.. when Shaq was with the Lakers.? I know how significant he was.? Your point is moot because all you're doing is playing down the significance of Kobe Bryant.? See Lakers vs Pacers game 4.? Shaq fouls out and game goes into OT.? Guess which 21 year old scored 28 points, and made the clutch baskets in OT?? This isn't a dominant performance?? Here's a quick reminder for you youngster.

Actually champ, you're the person with the moot point seeing as how you and a few others individuals on here are trying to upgrade Kobe's role or significance for his first 3 rings.  The fact of the matter is Kobe wouldn't have those 3 rings if it weren't for Shaq, hence why Shaq was the Finals MVP for those 3 championships and seeing how he won a regular season MVP trophy during that timeframe.  Kobe was Robin, no denying that.  The nerve of you saying Kobe was just as dominant then as he is now..........
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. That right there tells me everything that I need to know about you, which isn't much.  The difference between me and you is that I was actuallly watching that game of Kobe going off in OT versus the Pacers when it happened, you on the other hand, that's probably your first time watching those highlights. 

Blah blah blah...

DwB1U.jpg

you really gotta give props to deuce guy.

he's been pin-pointing every crucial facts that kobe fans don't want to hear.

lol and typical you mad picture if they can't back it up. it's so easy to just post picture though...think it will answer everything but not really

SunDOOBIE, I thought you were done responding to me champ according to your previous statement that I quoted below. By you now replying back not only does that make you a FRAUD but a liar as well. If you lie you cheat, and if you cheat you steal, nothing worse than that my man.

I am done responding

Exactly, thank you champ.  That's the problem with alot of these Kobe/newly found Laker fans.  I'm here to tell things how they are and really how they were and these dudes simply don't want to hear the truth.  They want to try and re-write history as if certain things didn't happen or exist and try to pass it off as truth.  However, that's simply not going to happen as long as I'm around these parts.  These guys are going to have to take their lies and fabrications somewhere else
happy.gif
.  FRAUDS of a feather flock together.

From now on, Kobe isn't Shaq's Robin, but Shaq's Buzz. And yes, I did just see Toy Story 3.

Glad you got a chance to see Toy Story 3, way to keep the economy going.  Still doesn't change the fact that we'll still be using the Batman and Robin analogy pertaining to Shaq and Kobe, and if you don't like it that's too bad
happy.gif

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

lol and typical you mad picture if they can't back it up. it's so easy to just post picture though...think it will answer everything but not really

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I believe what Deuce King has is called an opinion. Far from factual.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
luigi202 wrote:

Glad you got a chance to see Toy Story 3, way to keep the economy going.  Still doesn't change the fact that we'll still be using the Batman and Robin analogy pertaining to Shaq and Kobe, and if you don't like it that's too bad
happy.gif

Woody and Buzz is a fairer comparison. If you deny that, then you aren't looking at the situation objectively and are blinded by hate. And for the record, how is seeing a movie for free helping the economy?

I have never seen Toy Story, any of them.  With that being said we're still sticking with the analogy of Batman and Robin champ.  Although I do appreciate the breakdown you gave to me and others of who and what Woody and Buzz were all about, very insightful.  Also, I thought you actually purchased a ticket to the movie to see Toy Story 3, thus helping the economy by spending money.  Since you didn't and watch it for free thanks for nothing. 

laugh.gif
at people still going at it over this thread.   prettyplaya and duce king are going to have their opinions regardless of what anyone says or what stats or facts they have to back their argument up.  kobe could score 101 in a game, average a triple double all season long, and hit 12 game winning shots in the playoffs next season while 3 peating and they would find something negative to say about it.

it is what it is, it's their opinion, let them think whatever they want.

kobe was much more then a robin second fiddle guy to shaq during the first 3 peat.  yea shaq was the man during that run but kobe stepped up huge at times in each of those title runs and put up some real huge numbers during the last 2 titles of the 3 peat. if people still wanna say he's a robin second fiddle guy, then who cares let them think whatever they want at the end of the day regardless if their right or wrong i'm sure their getting a kick out of the huge debates they caused
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I believe what Deuce King has is called an opinion. Far from factual.

This...

NOTHING IS FACT IN AN OPINION BASED ARGUMENT!

Originally Posted by luigi202

happy.gif

Woody and Buzz is a fairer comparison. If you deny that, then you aren't looking at the situation objectively and are blinded by hate. And for the record, how is seeing a movie for free helping the economy?

deuce he right my dude.
you downplayin Kobe a lil too much. I mean Jordan is Jordan, but Kobe and the comparison is up there. Ill also add, shaq was callin Kobe the best in the world during that time...

am i really seeing nt dude comparing shaq-kobe to toy story?? really toy story?

LMAO.

i mean his id sounds nerdy to begin with. +$* is luigi? pokemon? +$* is that

and kobe being robin in early 2000s = fact = not opinion.

step up.

HANNSUM wrote:
am i really seeing nt dude comparing shaq-kobe to toy story?? really toy story?

LMAO.

i mean his id sounds nerdy to begin with. +$* is luigi? pokemon? +$* is that

and kobe being robin in early 2000s = fact = not opinion.

step up.

Please explain why this is a fact. If anything this sounds like an opioion.

Fact is the Lakers had 2 All star players win championships from 2000-2002. Fact is you can't say one would have won without the other. Fact is nobody will ever agree who was the main cog from 2001-2002 (because in my opinion Shaq was that dude in 2000 but Kobe's numbers were great from 2001-2002.)

So the fact of the matter really is nobody will ever agree on this. People will piggy back other peoples opinions because they agree with them and others will post up stupid u mad pictures because they have nothing to bring to the argument but want to egg people on.

Back
Top Bottom