Marlon Wayans & Lord Jamar Twitter beef over Omar Epps rocking a leather mini Skirt

No, you just know nothing about hip hop

Growing up as a American/Dominican I admit, Hip Hop wasn't my life. I def. know hip hop but I also diversified myself with Hispanic music and such. Sorry I don;t recognize every single hip hop artist since 85.

Ok, it does kinda resemble a skirt i must admit. But you fools talking about the feminization are corny. Cuz there has been plenty of men rocking similar fits for years in other countries but as soon as it hits hip hop yall think its a gay and/or feminization movement :lol:
Word like cats can't wear nothing. not everybody wanna rock pelle coats and girbaud jeans like 2003, Jamar stuck in the past smh

Ok, it does kinda resemble a skirt i must admit. But you fools talking about the feminization are corny. Cuz there has been plenty of men rocking similar fits for years in other countries but as soon as it hits hip hop yall think its a gay and/or feminization movement :lol:

egyptian pharaohs wore skirts i believe and they had arched eyebrows

they was straight

Growing up as a American/Dominican I admit, Hip Hop wasn't my life. I def. know hip hop but I also diversified myself with Hispanic music and such. Sorry I don;t recognize every single hip hop artist since 85.

sall good bro

i myself know hispanic, house music, jazz, etc

big part of my life growing up, i wouldnt say most 85+ dudes know lord jamar by name like that

egyptian pharaohs wore skirts i believe and they had arched eyebrows

they was straight

Word.

And Greeks wore Skirts and Cloth loins as well... and they were more manly and straight than today's society LOL..

Word like cats can't wear nothing. not everybody wanna rock pelle coats and girbaud jeans like 2003, Jamar stuck in the past smh

#NTextremes

Word.

And Greeks wore Skirts and Cloth loins as well... and they were more manly and straight than today's society LOL..

The Greeks were freaks. I think calling them "straight" is a bit of a stretch. Not all of them of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
And tbh, his stylist SUCKS. He aint cudi or rocky. He coulda rocked a little bit more tradition yet original style.

But then again... he got the buzz he wanted i guess┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

I think its weird that if you say its wrong for a man to wear a skirt you are looked at as crazy and close minded. I dont understand why a man would want to wear a skirt anyway. yall gone be defending dudse wearing lipstick, eye liner and heels too? talking bout "he evolved early on yall". very strange to me.

I think its weird that if you say its wrong for a man to wear a skirt you are looked at as crazy and close minded. I dont understand why a man would want to wear a skirt anyway. yall gone be defending dudse wearing lipstick, eye liner and heels too? talking bout "he evolved early on yall". very strange to me.

I know this might be difficult for you to grasp. But there are men, Real straight men that do all of the above. I dont necessary like what epps was wearing, and i wouldnt wear it. But what he's wearing shouldn't be seen strictly as something a woman and/or gay man would wear.

Its just a representation of a black man growing up without a father that has these black men being feminized in the media. These guys are essentially expressing their femininity that they got subconsciously from their mother's enabling them to feel masculine in a dress. They felt as though their mother's were both their fathers and mothers, so really they got a masculine vibe from their moms. So now they feel as though they can wear a dress like moms did and feel like a man while tucking your nuts.

That new blond lady on The View is 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I'm shocked to see Omar Epps jumping on this trend. There's nothing wrong with evolving, everybody that's at least 23 can say that they wear their clothes slimmer than they did in high school but where do you draw the line? If you're old enough you've seen this go from one extreme to the next. From baggy clothes, to slimmer clothes, to flat out women jeans, to now skirts. :lol: :smh:

What another dude wears really doesn't effect me but I just don't get why a man would want to wear a damn skirt.

[@]FuriousStylez23[/@ ]That's complete bs what you just said, there are so many cats without pops dressing the norm, that is just a generalization. If that was true most of my homies would be out here with pixie cuts and belly shirts too right?

Last edited:
Marlon ended up getting roasted.

The skirt trend, dressing up like a woman to get major media looks is Masonic initiation that many of the people involved in may or many not even be aware of.

705505429.jpg

Shaq-Freemason.jpg

Social media now has men trying so hard to be different and appear "cultured" that they're resorting to wearing skirts

....worse are those who know its a bad look but still defend so they appear hip and "cultured".

:smh: and you'll quickly be labelled homophobic, but there's no agenda.....

Marlon Wayans trash. He swear he can roast. He lost roast sessions to non-comedians. I remember he embarrassed himself when he got into that session with Joe Budden

Thanks to Sadat X and Grand Puba, Brand Nubian is a legendary crew. I was just listening to Foundation on Friday. I love that album.

While this clown Jamar might have a point, he's clearly not going about addressing it the right way (kind of like Spike addressing gentrification). Jamar has a voice (and somehow still has a small platform). He should explain his thoughts and reasoning like an adult as opposed to just throwing shade. He might get somewhere and allow people to understand his opinion vs just writing him off. 

Yo but on the real, I'm copping a kilt in the next year or two. Going to run me about $1,100 all in. I'm gonna buy the official Michigan State Tartan wool (which is the fabric pattern - most tartans are family or geographic / territory specific) and have it made into a kilt. Planning on rocking it for all future St. Patty's Days, and some formal events. Maybe even my wedding if I ever get married. 

Back
Top Bottom