Married NTers and those living with their girls please chime in Vol. Women Vs Shoes

I met my wife 11 years ago, as long as she's known me i have always been into sneakers....over the years due to lack of extra cash i had to prioritized and well my obsession with shoes had to take a backseat to other more important things, anyhow we got married a year ago and around that same time i landed a second part time job, this brings in at least an extra 1600$ every two weeks to play with. Since then my drive to buy shoes kicked into full gear, bill are still getting paid, she still gets laced, we still go out and vacation and food is always on the table and our savings still growing, not as fast as it would if i didn't spend 500$ every two weeks on shoes but still. Now she happens to have a huge issue with my spending on this habit, she thinks is immature and that at 28 years of age i should focus on other things, thing is i feel i got our lives covered anyways. I mean is she right?...how do you guys balance your wives/girlfriends with your collecting hobby?? or do they fully understand and don't care??.....just curious...depending on the answers ill probably show her this thread so that maybe she can understand a bit better 
grin.gif

she thinks NT is responsible for this habit to have resurfaced now that im older.
ohwell.gif

BTW I told her about this dude i saw at the release of the YOTRs with his girl and two little daughters on line and said thats when she sees me doing some +%@@ like that, then she should be concerned...
mad.gif

I met my wife 11 years ago, as long as she's known me i have always been into sneakers....over the years due to lack of extra cash i had to prioritized and well my obsession with shoes had to take a backseat to other more important things, anyhow we got married a year ago and around that same time i landed a second part time job, this brings in at least an extra 1600$ every two weeks to play with. Since then my drive to buy shoes kicked into full gear, bill are still getting paid, she still gets laced, we still go out and vacation and food is always on the table and our savings still growing, not as fast as it would if i didn't spend 500$ every two weeks on shoes but still. Now she happens to have a huge issue with my spending on this habit, she thinks is immature and that at 28 years of age i should focus on other things, thing is i feel i got our lives covered anyways. I mean is she right?...how do you guys balance your wives/girlfriends with your collecting hobby?? or do they fully understand and don't care??.....just curious...depending on the answers ill probably show her this thread so that maybe she can understand a bit better 
grin.gif

she thinks NT is responsible for this habit to have resurfaced now that im older.
ohwell.gif

BTW I told her about this dude i saw at the release of the YOTRs with his girl and two little daughters on line and said thats when she sees me doing some +%@@ like that, then she should be concerned...
mad.gif

$500 every 2 weeks on shoes? I got vices like a mother *%%%$@ but that's a decent amount of change to be dropping every 2 weeks.

$500 every 2 weeks on shoes? I got vices like a mother *%%%$@ but that's a decent amount of change to be dropping every 2 weeks.

Man Steezy bro your wife actually has a point.... Not saying you don't have the right to spend 500 ever couple of weeks on kicks especially since yall aint hurting for the money but truthfully you and I both know that collecting sneakers in itself can be a bit immature. Especially when u are at a point in your life where it really aint that serious.

Oh and NT does feed the hype. Stay outta the JB and General forum even SNEAKER SHOWCASE and I bet your urge to buy so many kicks will stop

Man Steezy bro your wife actually has a point.... Not saying you don't have the right to spend 500 ever couple of weeks on kicks especially since yall aint hurting for the money but truthfully you and I both know that collecting sneakers in itself can be a bit immature. Especially when u are at a point in your life where it really aint that serious.

Oh and NT does feed the hype. Stay outta the JB and General forum even SNEAKER SHOWCASE and I bet your urge to buy so many kicks will stop

She is right bro......I quit before i got married so my situation was a bit different.

I didnt wait for my wife to get on me about it, i did it on my own terms. (its different when someone else wants you to do it than it is to do it yourself)

im 27 BTW and i gave up about 3 years ago....just got done selling all my kicks last year.

If your cons outweigh your pro`s, you know what time it is.

have you reached what you wanted to do in life?... my wife did say somethings when we didnt have everything we wanted yet... with a new house, 2 cars, 2 kids i am satisfied with the way im living, she doesnt trip on how i spend our extra money... also the last time i bought kicks was some infrared 90's...

She is right bro......I quit before i got married so my situation was a bit different.

I didnt wait for my wife to get on me about it, i did it on my own terms. (its different when someone else wants you to do it than it is to do it yourself)

im 27 BTW and i gave up about 3 years ago....just got done selling all my kicks last year.

If your cons outweigh your pro`s, you know what time it is.

have you reached what you wanted to do in life?... my wife did say somethings when we didnt have everything we wanted yet... with a new house, 2 cars, 2 kids i am satisfied with the way im living, she doesnt trip on how i spend our extra money... also the last time i bought kicks was some infrared 90's...

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

yeah I understand she has a point, but at the same time i feel that if we are not living paycheck to paycheck and we are fully covered financially, i think i have the right to compensate myself in a materialistic way for all those damn hours i work 
laugh.gif

some dudes drop hundreds on drugs, cars, clothes, jewels....I do it on kicks...guess that does sound a bit immature 
tired.gif

btw 500$ every two weeks is just an average figure i came up with, i should have said an average of 2 pairs every 2 weeks, sometimes they amount to that most of the time is a lot less than that...sorry.

she's right, you do need to prioritize. start saving for retirement, stop spending, and making someone else rich just so you can more "stuff".

she's right, you do need to prioritize. start saving for retirement, stop spending, and making someone else rich just so you can more "stuff".

yeah I understand she has a point, but at the same time i feel that if we are not living paycheck to paycheck and we are fully covered financially, i think i have the right to compensate myself in a materialistic way for all those damn hours i work 
laugh.gif

some dudes drop hundreds on drugs, cars, clothes, jewels....I do it on kicks...guess that does sound a bit immature 
tired.gif

btw 500$ every two weeks is just an average figure i came up with, i should have said an average of 2 pairs every 2 weeks, sometimes they amount to that most of the time is a lot less than that...sorry.

no we still have lots to accomplish, but when are you ever done accomplishing what you want?...the way i am i always want more, better so i don't think ill ever be fully statisfied, i do feel that when i have kids, this habit will definitely take a backseat, but she aint trying to give me a baby just yet...
ohwell.gif

Isn't this the same chick you said doesn't work? Yeah, the last thing she should be nagging you about is finances... 

Isn't this the same chick you said doesn't work? Yeah, the last thing she should be nagging you about is finances... 

I forgot to add steezy u know my situation but my girl def got me outta kicks kinda early in truth tho I am grateful I mean I still got alot of nice stuff and I still pick up some decent stuff along the way but she makes sure all that excess bs is cut out... Honestly you should try to limit the kick thing for yourself bro I swear getting out of kicks is one of the best things I have done in the last year. Not only because of the extra money it saves me, just not stressing lil things like shoes feels great, it also allows me to live much more freely and create new experiences instead of just adding another shoe to that I am sure I will only rock once or twice before throwing it in a closet again for a year

no we still have lots to accomplish, but when are you ever done accomplishing what you want?...the way i am i always want more, better so i don't think ill ever be fully statisfied, i do feel that when i have kids, this habit will definitely take a backseat, but she aint trying to give me a baby just yet...
ohwell.gif

I forgot to add steezy u know my situation but my girl def got me outta kicks kinda early in truth tho I am grateful I mean I still got alot of nice stuff and I still pick up some decent stuff along the way but she makes sure all that excess bs is cut out... Honestly you should try to limit the kick thing for yourself bro I swear getting out of kicks is one of the best things I have done in the last year. Not only because of the extra money it saves me, just not stressing lil things like shoes feels great, it also allows me to live much more freely and create new experiences instead of just adding another shoe to that I am sure I will only rock once or twice before throwing it in a closet again for a year

Nobody cares about sneakers in General, though.
grin.gif

Anyway, your wife's right. Save up on better things my man.

Nobody cares about sneakers in General, though.
grin.gif

Anyway, your wife's right. Save up on better things my man.

Damned if I give up my vices if I'm paying the bills. Of course my love of purses.. And shoes.. And clothes has been put on the back burner
frown.gif
but if I was in a better place?
pimp.gif
you buy her Lous. She should be happy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom