Married NTers and those living with their girls please chime in Vol. Women Vs Shoes

maybe i'm in the minority here but steezy.

if you're paying your bills, and still taking care of home making your wife happy (beside the fact of buying sneakers) it's your money man, you do what you want.

28 is still young to me.........buy what YOU want to buy, you said she still get's taken care of so all is well...it's not immature that you want to spend money on something you like........it isn't like you're buying action figures.

you also can still put money aside in the bank also and still cop sneakers........if she knew you were like this when you two first met, then there you go right there......that's who you are.

stand your ground dude, it's good that you're taking her words into consideration though because some dude's wouldn't even listen, but man if you been into that stuff before you got married, why should you change now?

you aren't 35, you aren't 42, and you aren't 51.........you haven't even hit 30 yet, if it's some hot shoe that's out and you like it, then go and get it.

once you said that you take care of home, I didn't need to hear nothing else, you should do what you please with YOUR money.

if you're paying your bills, and still taking care of home making your wife happy (beside the fact of buying sneakers) it's your money man, you do what you want.

28 is still young to me.........buy what YOU want to buy, you said she still get's taken care of so all is well...it's not immature that you want to spend money on something you like........it isn't like you're buying action figures.

you also can still put money aside in the bank also and still cop sneakers........if she knew you were like this when you two first met, then there you go right there......that's who you are.

stand your ground dude, it's good that you're taking her words into consideration though because some dude's wouldn't even listen, but man if you been into that stuff before you got married, why should you change now?

you aren't 35, you aren't 42, and you aren't 51.........you haven't even hit 30 yet, if it's some hot shoe that's out and you like it, then go and get it.

once you said that you take care of home, I didn't need to hear nothing else, you should do what you please with YOUR money.

since youre married im sure its not as easy to just flat out say what you do with the money is up to you. just compromise. instead of two paris a week, do one. but make her cut back on things she likes to spend money on too.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Wife is right. Save your money now. I spent a lot of money on jewelry, clothes, sneakers, etc. but if I was married I would be saving that money for our kids down the line. Those pampers and college tuition are expensive.

This. If I was 28 and married I probably wouldn't be buying that much. I'm 22 and I don't really wear sneakers like that anymore. I mean I still buy them since sometimes the prices are too good to pass up and because everything I purchase I look as an investment. That being said Nikes/Jordans do go up in value so if you were ever to sell you can always cash out(depending on the type of pairs you bought) and the return would be a lot higher than what any savings account would give you. I guess you explain it like that to your girl.

since youre married im sure its not as easy to just flat out say what you do with the money is up to you. just compromise. instead of two paris a week, do one. but make her cut back on things she likes to spend money on too.

Wife is right. Save your money now. I spent a lot of money on jewelry, clothes, sneakers, etc. but if I was married I would be saving that money for our kids down the line. Those pampers and college tuition are expensive.

This. If I was 28 and married I probably wouldn't be buying that much. I'm 22 and I don't really wear sneakers like that anymore. I mean I still buy them since sometimes the prices are too good to pass up and because everything I purchase I look as an investment. That being said Nikes/Jordans do go up in value so if you were ever to sell you can always cash out(depending on the type of pairs you bought) and the return would be a lot higher than what any savings account would give you. I guess you explain it like that to your girl.

She has a point but if she can't contribute to the household because her finances don't allow her to, then she can't make that claim and hint that you should stop. That's like someone still living at home and they don't chip in toward rent/bills but making demands as to how the household should be run.

$500 every two weeks is reckless though but its your money, you are working hard (you have 3 jobs) so you should be entitled to reward yourself for your hard work.

This is a hobby that has no age limit but as you begin starting a family, that $500 you spend on kicks should go into an account for your child's college tuition. The way tuition is now especially at private schools, every cent you save will make a difference.

She has a point but if she can't contribute to the household because her finances don't allow her to, then she can't make that claim and hint that you should stop. That's like someone still living at home and they don't chip in toward rent/bills but making demands as to how the household should be run.

$500 every two weeks is reckless though but its your money, you are working hard (you have 3 jobs) so you should be entitled to reward yourself for your hard work.

This is a hobby that has no age limit but as you begin starting a family, that $500 you spend on kicks should go into an account for your child's college tuition. The way tuition is now especially at private schools, every cent you save will make a difference.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

im showing her this post ONLY 
roll.gif

thats exactly how i feel.

she also had the audacity to say her mom and dad think its very stupid for me to buy shoes....like con son these are some old school Dominican parents nearing their 50's

Im taking advantage now i know when kids come everything will change.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

im showing her this post ONLY 
roll.gif

thats exactly how i feel.

she also had the audacity to say her mom and dad think its very stupid for me to buy shoes....like con son these are some old school Dominican parents nearing their 50's

Im taking advantage now i know when kids come everything will change.

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

I was once married, and my situation was damn near identical to yours. I had a lucrative career, we had a ton in savings, travelled, and she had the freshest wardrobe.

After a while, she started to make the same points as your wife, and you know what? Your wife and my ex are right.

My biggest regret is that I didn't listen to her sooner - now I am stuck with 175+ pairs of kicks that I don't even wear anymore.
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif
info on said 175+ pairs of shoes... haha

My girl is mostly on the same thing as the OP's.  Instead of having to have that argument though, I limit myself to stuff I ALWAYS wanted instead of random releases. I got a list of about 25ish pairs of shoes I gotta have and I stick to that. I'm 26 btw.

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

I was once married, and my situation was damn near identical to yours. I had a lucrative career, we had a ton in savings, travelled, and she had the freshest wardrobe.

After a while, she started to make the same points as your wife, and you know what? Your wife and my ex are right.

My biggest regret is that I didn't listen to her sooner - now I am stuck with 175+ pairs of kicks that I don't even wear anymore.
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif
info on said 175+ pairs of shoes... haha

My girl is mostly on the same thing as the OP's.  Instead of having to have that argument though, I limit myself to stuff I ALWAYS wanted instead of random releases. I got a list of about 25ish pairs of shoes I gotta have and I stick to that. I'm 26 btw.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

that does make sense 
laugh.gif

thank you NT for being the voice of reason

that does make sense 
laugh.gif

Has she always griped about your spending habits or is it new? If it's unlike her maybe something else is bothering her. Have a talk with her and if anything compromise. At least shell know youre listening to her concerns. Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif

Has she always griped about your spending habits or is it new? If it's unlike her maybe something else is bothering her. Have a talk with her and if anything compromise. At least shell know youre listening to her concerns. Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

that does make sense 
laugh.gif

This(the bold part) is the reason I think my wife is cool with it. She understands the value of my collection and how it may be worth a lot more years from now.

that does make sense 
laugh.gif

This(the bold part) is the reason I think my wife is cool with it. She understands the value of my collection and how it may be worth a lot more years from now.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

that does make sense 
laugh.gif

Depends on what you mean by years from now. How long are you willing to wait before you get rid of everything because like everything else, the market will collapse (its just a matter of when) and most sneakers won't be able to hold their value over time.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

that does make sense 
laugh.gif

Depends on what you mean by years from now. How long are you willing to wait before you get rid of everything because like everything else, the market will collapse (its just a matter of when) and most sneakers won't be able to hold their value over time.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

why not when he takes care of mortgage and bills?

Back
Top Bottom