Marvin Harrison

laugh.gif
this thread is comedy

u mean to tell me some of you guys with those sorry $!! teams and bum receivers wouldn't take Marvin Harrison? BE REAL
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CAnthony15

1st off T.O. Is nothing special ide take Steve Smith,Hines Ward,Larry Fitz over T.O. Any day, and probly more I just don't feel like thinking. And Moss was that dude in minnesota but ever since he's left he's been average. Marvin Harrisons a beast for his size plain and simple and if your hatin you proly just started watchin football last year, straight up. I'm not even a fan of him or the Colts but I know when dudes do work.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif
this thread is comedy
Its sad actually...

Same in every sport, great player isnt in his prime anymore and people forget everything hes ever done....

Say what you will, but Harrison is an ALL-TIME great reciever.....PERIOD!!!

Originally Posted by MJsaver

laugh.gif
this thread is comedy
Its sad actually...

Same in every sport, great player isnt in his prime anymore and people forget everything hes ever done....

QFT...marvin harrison was never as flashy as t.o or moss but he got the job done...i always saw harrison as the tim duncan of football

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Dude was an elite receiver don't get me wrong but still his name should never be place among the all-time greats

THIS ....EASILY...EASILY IS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST THINGS I'VE READ IN THE S&T FORUM..

indifferent.gif

didnt feel like making another thread.....

but Marvin Harrison isnt signed by choice, teams are calling him. Tennessee is supposedly the #1 team interested/calling....

Barry Bonds of the NFL?

anyway, i feel like Marvin still got it and has plenty of years left. I'd sign him for a vet WR

Bears sound like a nice fit, but I think someone said earlier in the thread that Marvin's being choosy about where he wants to land.

Originally Posted by KOBEDABEST24

SLP Product wrote:

you big dummy wrote:

Chicago needs to sign him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cutler to Harrison sound good to me.

Agreed, The Bears would have a better chance of winning with Harrison then Devin Hester

Seriously what thee hell is their problem out there in Chicago. Lining up with #3 type receivers.

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

Dude was an elite receiver don't get me wrong but still his name should never be place among the all-time greats

THIS ....EASILY...EASILY IS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST THINGS I'VE READ IN THE S&T FORUM..

indifferent.gif

x2.. dudes a clown for such a ridiculous statement...
smh.gif

I'd love to see this guy have a huge comeback year, he's gotta be the most under-the-radar possibly crazy athletes ever though, dude is seriouslyreally strange. Never gives interviews, barely talks to anyone, barely ever even talked to Peyton. He apparently has some crazy metabolism and would sometimesjust eat tons of snickers bars all day, and I remember someone asked him about the HOF a couple years ago and he was like "Yeah? Why should I care? Theycan put me in but I'm not showin up. It makes no difference to me".

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

indifferent.gif

x2.. dudes a clown for such a ridiculous statement...
smh.gif
Wow!! This is my first venture to s&t, dont think ill be coming back

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by MJsaver

laugh.gif
this thread is comedy
Its sad actually...

QFT...marvin harrison was never as flashy as t.o or moss but he got the job done...i always saw harrison as the tim duncan of football
yeah same thing I thought. This is before I found out he's running Philly. Dude looked extra quiet out there. lol

Originally Posted by CAnthony15

What part is hogwash bro? Moss is a pansy who dont go over the middle and didnt do nothing in oakland, and set a record with BRADY as his QB. So whats hogwash about that? 2nd T.o. is special? What has he done thats been so special bro? NOTHING. Those are 2 WRs who have been questioned about how hard they play and have been questioned about taking plays off and who have been a disease to teams. and if you look at Smith and Ward those are 2 dudes who never take plays off, when their not catching balls their putting blocks on dudes or laying dudes out so idk what your calling hogwash "homie" I use to think T.O. and Moss were the best too but theres more to it then hype and fancy catches

eyes.gif
You serious, B?

Terrell Owens
    • Has 141 total touchdowns (139 receiving), 14,122 receiving yards, 951 receptions, and 183 rushing yards[sup][34][/sup]
    • Averaged one touchdown per game in 2001, 2004, and 2007[sup][34][/sup]
    • Has had nine 1,000 yard seasons, including five consecutive (2000-2004)[sup][34][/sup]
    • Holds NFL record 20 receptions in a single game against the Bears[sup][35][/sup]
    • Reached 100 catches in only 14 games in 2002[sup][34][/sup]
    • Led League in receiving touchdowns in 2001, 2002, and 2006[sup][36][/sup]
    • Second all-time in receiving touchdowns behind Jerry Rice[sup][37][/sup]
Randy Moss
  • Most receiving touchdowns as a rookie: 17
  • Third in receiving yards by a rookie, with 1,313 (trailing Anquan Boldin and Bill Groman)
  • Moss has caught 13 or more TDs in a season five times; only Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice have done so more often.
  • Moss has caught 17 or more TDs in a season three times; no other player has ever done so.
  • Moss has averaged at least one receiving TD per game played in four different seasons: 1998 (17 TDs in 16 games), 2003 (17 in 16), 2004 (13 in 13), and 2007 (23 in 16); no other player has ever done so.[sup][39][/sup]
  • He had back-to-back 100 catch seasons, in 2002 and 2003. He, along with Wes Welker, Sterling Sharpe, Jerry Rice, Herman Moore, Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison, and Rod Smith are the only receivers to accomplish this feat.
  • At the end of the 2007 season, Moss averaged 12.4 receiving TDs per season, an NFL record.
  • He had 1,200+ yards receiving in each of his first 6 seasons, setting an NFL record.
  • In 2003, Moss became the second player in NFL history to average 100 yards and one TD per game in a 16 NFL game season, scoring 17 touchdowns and 1,632 yards.
  • In 2007, Moss became the only player in NFL history to record four 100+ yard games in his first four games with a new team.
  • Moss has eclipsed the 1,000 yard receiving mark 8 times in his career. He is tied for 3rd all-time in that statistic.
  • Also in 2007, Moss set a record with 16 touchdowns in his first 10 games with a new team.
  • On December 29, 2007, he set the NFL record for most touchdown receptions in a regular season, with 23. The record was previously held by Jerry Rice who scored 22 touchdowns in a 12 game strike season.
  • NFL Record, 23 Receiving TD's in a season.(2007)
  • Only player in NFL history to record 1,200+ receiving yards in his first six seasons.
  • Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown. (30 years, 313 days)
  • Is second on the Minnesota Vikings all time receiving TD list with 90. Cris Carter holds the record with 110 receiving scores.
  • Caught his 100th touchdown pass in 2006 against San Francisco (on a pass he caught with his legs), and he is the 7th player to have 100+ touchdown receptions. He was the youngest to accomplish this at 29 years and 235 days.
  • Holds the record for most touchdowns in Minnesota Vikings playoff history with 8.
  • 59 career 100 yard games - tied for 2nd all-time.
  • Has a 15.8 yards per catch average for his career.
  • Has completed 4 of 8 passes for 106 yards and 2 touchdowns, with 1 interception, giving him a 95.8 passer rating.
  • Only player to catch 90+ touchdown passes, return a punt for a touchdown, and throw 2 touchdown passes.
  • Has played on the two highest scoring teams (for a single season) in NFL history: 2007 Patriots (589 points) & the 1998 Vikings (556 points)
  • Had a career-high 12 receptions for 204 yards against the Chicago Bears, at Soldier Field, on November 14, 1999 in a 27-24 overtime win.
  • Holds the Viking record for most 100 yard receiving games with 41.
  • Had a Pro Bowl record nine receptions for 212 yards in the 1999 season's Pro Bowl played on February 6, 2000. NFC won in a shootout, 51-31, marking the highest scoring output in Pro Bowl History.
  • Caught a career high four touchdowns at Buffalo (all were in the first half). (Nov. 18, 2007)
  • Caught three touchdowns in six different games: at Dallas (Nov. 26, 1998), a 46-36 victory; vs. Chicago (Dec. 6, 1998), a 48-22 victory; at Detroit (Oct. 1, 2000), a 31-24 victory; vs. New York (November 19, 2001) a 28-16 victory; vs. San Francisco (Sep. 28, 2003), a 35-7 victory; vs. Buffalo (November 18, 2007), a 56-10 victory.

T.O. and Randy Moss are all hype?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To keep it on topic, Marvin Harrison was a beast is definitely one of the all-time greats... definitely top-10 but top-5 might be pushing it... hopefully hebecomes a solid #3 WR for somebody soon...

Back
Top Bottom