Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

So glad I didn't go this year. Every year always so hot less food but cost more money. 101 is a nightmare getting out of there

Man this is crazy. I’ve thought about going before until my sis went last year and told me it wasn’t worth it. Boss went up there today, he thankfully left early so he was not there for the shooting.

My wife is very cautious about going to these type of events
She's afraid of this very scenario and it's hard to try to talk her out of her concerns

She's afraid of this very scenario and it's hard to try to talk her out of her concerns

Yeah it's not even worth it if you have a bad feeling. Even if the odds of it happening are extremely low, being on edge the entire time takes a lot of enjoyment out of what should be a pleasant event.

Went to the movies and some dude was there alone with a backpack. Couldn't even enjoy the movie. Kept looking at dude.

tenor.gif

Yeah it's not even worth it if you have a bad feeling. Even if the odds of it happening are extremely low, being on edge the entire time takes a lot of enjoyment out of what should be a pleasant event.

Went to the movies and some dude was there alone with a backpack. Couldn't even enjoy the movie. Kept looking at dude.

Which leads to being bored at home which can be frustrating

Same here. Especially when you have children. IF we do go to something we’re planning exits and plans in case something goes down

Same here. Especially when you have children. IF we do go to something we’re planning exits and plans in case something goes down

Never thought about this but I've seen it a few times today on NT that people have that planned out and gotta implement some emergency plans

This is the natural result of terrorism

If only this country would officially recognize these terrorist as they should

An Instagram post under the festival gunman's name mentioned a white supremacist book shortly before the attack
An Instagram account, which was created four days ago under the suspect's name, posted two messages shortly before the attack began.
One included a photograph of people walking around the Garlic Festival with the words "Ayyy garlic festival time Come get wasted on overpriced sh**."
The other, which included a photo of Smokey the Bear holding a sign saying "Fire Danger High Today," stated: "Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw**s?"
A mestizo is a person of mixed descent, commonly white and Hispanic or white and American Indian.
"Right is Might," first published in the late 1800's, has been described as a white supremacist text that promotes anarchy while vilifying Christianity. The book calls Jesus the "true Prince of Evil" and says that the natural order is a world at war in which the strong must vanquish the weak and white men must rule over those of color.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/us/gilroy-california-food-festival-shooting-monday/index.html

Guns. Mental health. Racism. I would love to see those with authority not only speak to these things but plan action addressing them going into 2020. As opposed to getting swept up into Twitter/social media melodrama meant to distract. So tired of this. I don't want to live in a police state, but I also don't want to feel like I am putting my child's safety at risk just going to an organized anything.

Literally hits close to home (Gilroy is on the outer edge of the Bay Area). My parents have been in denial for so long "it will never happen in a peaceful place like the Bay Area" I wish my family and I could move overseas but unfortunately, my dad is getting ongoing treatment here and is more afraid of dying from his illness than getting shot up, so just have to suck it up and be paranoid every time I'm out in a public gathering.

damn

ive always wanted to go

i'm just going to avoid large public gatherings in general

That’s the general thought whenever something like this happens and sooner or later you drop your guard and find yourself at a big event without ever thinking of the last mass shooting.

When I started dating my wife she thought I was a lunatic. If we went out for dinner, I’d have to sit facing the entrance of the restaurant, scope out possible exits and hiding places just from my seats vantage point of course. Military training would always kick in.

It’s really been a very different world post 9/11

I experienced 9/11 while I was in the Marine Corps. It was my last day on active duty. What a day to be released from service and this was after sticking around for a month trying to stay in. Glad it didnt work out

Of course idiots are talking about "I thought California had strict gun laws; look at what happened!"

Unsurprisingly, the gun was purchased in NV and brought into California illegally. Gun nuts love to point out shootings in Illinois and Cali when common sense should explain that these terrorists are just going to a nearby redneck state and brining them over.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...stival-shooting-suspect-santino-william-legan

The AK-47-style rifle that was used in the attack was purchased legally in Nevada on July 9. Legan was originally from Gilroy, but spent some time in Nevada living with family, according to Gilroy Police Chief Scot Smithee. Early Monday morning, the FBI and Mineral County sheriff’s deputies searched a unit in a triplex in Walker Lake, Nev., that authorities believe Legan used in the days before the shooting, according to Mineral County Dist. Atty. Sean Rowe.

California Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra said Monday the investigation into the shooting may determine that the shooter broke a California law by purchasing the weapon in Nevada and bringing it into California.

“That weapon could not be sold in California. That weapon cannot be imported into the state of California,” he said. “There is a very strong likelihood, as we develop the evidence, that the perpetrator in this particular case, violated California law, on top of the crimes of homicide.”

Back
Top Bottom