Maxwell - "Pretty Wings" NTers need to recognize a living legend

^ Maaaaan, I love Sweetback. That first album is glorious. It really shows you how dope of a band Sade is because they manage to shine even without Sade herself.

And yeah, the Twin Danger project is pretty dope. Vanessa Bley's vocals are mad soothing. Perfect for a lazy day around the crib.

And I'm sure you know, but Matthewman produces under the name Cottonbelly, too. There's some pretty dope stuff out there by him that goes unnoticed. Definitely worth scrounging around the internets for it.

Pregnancy rate about to go up this summer. :lol:

And this album is apart of a trilogy which means when probably won't get the last installment until 2022...:lol:

One of the few artists who can take such long breaks between albums, but the product be worth it.

I'm ready. :evil:

Been waiting on this for forever. I love Lake by the Ocean. I need to see him live.

^ Maaaaan, I love Sweetback. That first album is glorious. It really shows you how dope of a band Sade is because they manage to shine even without Sade herself.

And yeah, the Twin Danger project is pretty dope. Vanessa Bley's vocals are mad soothing. Perfect for a lazy day around the crib.

And I'm sure you know, but Matthewman produces under the name Cottonbelly, too. There's some pretty dope stuff out there by him that goes unnoticed. Definitely worth scrounging around the internets for it.
Thanks for the heads up. His sound is so great and distinct.

Last edited:
Maxwell doesn't get the praise he deserves... yet people champion Lauryn Hill. :smh:

******** on Lauryn Hill will always get a rep from me.

Just got through one listen. Favorite track was Listen Hear. Didn't like the first few tracks but once Lake By the Ocean played, it was real smooth for the rest of the album. I liked it, need to play it more.

Last edited:
Not really feeling this. The instruments sound good but I'm not liking what Max is saying or how he's saying it.

This wasn't worth the wait and anticipation.

I liked it better on the second listen.

The second half was a lot stronger to me

God's, Listen Hear, Of All Kind were all strong

I'll listen to it some more

I like it.  The vibe is totally different from his other albums, but I don't really mind.  Can't keep doing the same thing over and over.

This album reminds me of Solider of Love by Sade.  A lot of fans weren't feeling it because it felt too modern or trendy, and it didn't immediately feel like the Sade they'd grown to love.  

I'll update the thread title

I like this album personally

edit: can't update, realized it's on my old SN :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom