May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EtPMUNLU4AM8fac.jpg

EtPMUNLU4AM8fac - Copy.jpg

SC kid SC kid

Super Bowl looks like they are gonna shoot for 25k fans. Interested to see what they do with Mania 2 months later.

I mean, with more people getting vaccinated and more seating because you can use the field, they should absolutely have more than we see on Sunday I would think.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

So... there are points in there right. He talks about royalties and how they’ve gone away. But he doesn’t explain where those royalties come from so the listener is going to be upset with him. “WWE stealing money”... no, not how that works.

Going to the network is a very good thing, how they’ve presented it... left a lot of meat on that bone and largely botched what it could have been. I do understand Vince and NBC (USA) have a deep and long relationship, but they certainly don’t need to compromise the business and could have moved forward by going Netflix and streaming only. But... they would of needed much better leadership, advertising, and foresight in order to sell those extra shows like they have. To take it a step and do those shows domestically, a special on FOX or NBC. You could have made a deal to do PPVs on either station, the at home audience get the very best of what you’re putting out.

Oh and by the way, our weekly shows are on our app along with original content and documentaries you NEED to see. Your life will not be complete without coming to take a peek behind the curtain and showing you what these people, their families, and their friends go through day in and day out. You need this content because no other channel will be able to give this to you... with that said Vince is making very good deals for himself. He’s a great businessman.

Interesting to hear the NBC buying WWE fully theory, history has told us Vince Sr. did sell the business. It just so happened for the buyer to be his son. Stephanie seems to love it, would be hard to see it not go from McMahon to McMahon (or HHH/McMahon).

Lastly Vince and co. taking away everyone’s only fans or whatever was understandable as a WWE created character, but not as Bill who happens to be a wrestler. Reminded me of UFC taking away from the ad revenue on fighters trunks. I get not wanting CONDOM DEPOT across your balls in the middle of a fight while you’re trying to do a billion dollar deal with ESPN. That makes sense, what doesn’t make sense is taking away a revenue stream without either giving guidelines or adjusting pay to make up some of that loss. Hey bro, enough with the condoms and lube all over your shorts - here’s your list of acceptable sponsors.

Chris Dickinson v Jeff Cobb
Davey Boy Smith Jr v Calvin Tankman
Simon Grimm v Tom Lawlor
Kal Jak v Nolan Edward
JR Kratos v Alex Coughlin
Superbeast v Bad Dude Tito
Royce Isaacs v Calder McColl
Diego Perez v Gil Guardado

Card for night 2 hasn't been announced

Dickinson v Cobb should be :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

Or... and here is a wild idea... let’s develop and get good storylines for all the talent in the undercard, US NXT, UK NXT, and 205...

But I’m a wild guy with wild ideas.

Bringing MVP back last year led to people actually caring about 3 other dudes that nobody previously gave a **** about. Became one of the more entertaining acts in the company. Seems like IT was a pretty good idea.

Back
Top Bottom