Mayweather calls out Pacquiao. May 5th. Official?

+@$*# Pacquiao saying its not going to happen, coming up with more excuses. Like i've been saying, dudes a punk!! Don't know how so many people roll with this fool.

Manny Pacquiao camp shuns May 5 date

MANILA, Philippines -- Manny Pacquiao's camp says there is no economic sense in setting up a bout with Floyd Mayweather on May 5 after the unbeaten American publicly challenged the Filipino champion via Twitter.

Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz told The Associated Press on Thursday that a 45,000-seat boxing arena being built in Las Vegas won't be finished before the end of May and staging the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight in a smaller venue is "foolish from an economic standpoint."

Mayweather challenged and taunted Pacquiao to a May 5 bout in a tweet on Tuesday.

"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see," he tweeted.

Mayweather is available for a fight in May at the MGM Grand Garden after a judge agreed last week to postpone his jail sentence for domestic violence until June. Mayweather was sentenced to 87 days in jail, but likely will serve less time.

The MGM Grand seats about 17,000, which could fetch around $20 million in sales, but the larger arena could raise an additional $30 million, Koncz said.

"Why would I tell Manny to fight on the 5th and throw away a percentage of 30 million? That's crazy," he said.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has told the Philippines' GMA television the only reason the fight won't happen is if there is an "economic problem."

He said the fight "could happen very, very easily" at the end of May -- enough time to build the outdoor arena "the fight so badly needs."

"I will also guarantee Manny's purse," he said. "In other words, Manny doesn't want to go into the ring and just fight out a percentage."

He said Mayweather is looking for "outside parties to guarantee his end of the purse."

"So, until he finds the angel, there is no fight," Arum said.

In a separate interview with GMA, Pacquiao said that if Mayweather agrees to a "50-50 sharing, there will be no problem."

"The purse is not the issue right now, the date is," Koncz said. "But we don't have a problem splitting it 50-50."

30t6p3b.gif
these @#*+@+ never gonna fight

I can see Manny wanting to have the fight in a Cowboys Stadium type setting because it would make more money than if the fight was in Vegas. This still makes him look bad though.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

I can see Manny wanting to have the fight in a Cowboys Stadium type setting because it would make more money than if the fight was in Vegas. This still makes him look bad though.
Doesn't he get taxed a good amount in Texas?  He'd make more money collecting in Vegas w/o taxes.  Why do you think he's never fought in NYC or AC?  More garbage from his camp.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Doesn't he get taxed a good amount in Texas?  He'd make more money collecting in Vegas w/o taxes.  Why do you think he's never fought in NYC or AC?  More garbage from his camp.

Regardless, this fight has to be fought in Vegas because of postponed jail sentence. Pacquiao is a clown, he doesn't want it with PBF.
21lrfx5.jpg

Originally Posted by sNc magic

Originally Posted by Proshares

Regardless, this fight has to be fought in Vegas because of postponed jail sentence. Pacquiao is a clown, he doesn't want it with PBF.
21lrfx5.jpg
Pretty much sums it up 
tired.gif

Mayweather isn't fighting anywhere but Vegas. The Nevada State Boxing Commission allows Mayweather to use a drug that keeps his hand from breaking.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Mayweather isn't fighting anywhere but Vegas. The Nevada State Boxing Commission allows Mayweather to use a drug that keeps his hand from breaking.

Xylocaine to be more specific. Only legal in Nevada

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

Jesus, where do you guys come up with all of this @!%+
roll.gif

World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)

One of the world’s leading authorities on anti-doping, WADA is the primary source for which drugs are banned in sports or athletic competitions worldwide. According to WADA, via GlobalDRO.com, “None of the ingredients in this brand (Xylocaine) are currently included on the WADA Prohibited List

Tired of the banter, tired of the back and forward, have been a boxing fan all of my life and can not ever remember a fight that would be this big ever go through so much. I will not BUY a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight again untill they face each other.(Im not saying I wont watch them if they face other fighters)

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

laugh.gif
 It's just a viscous form of lidocaine. It doesn't keep his hand from breaking. It keeps it numb. 
He's not allowed to use it from weigh-in until after the fight. It's half-life isn't long enough for him to feel any effects even if he took it the moment before he stepped on the scale. 

[h1]Pacquiao calls Mayweather's bluff[/h1]Thursday, 12 January 2012 15:07

Manny Pacquiao has accepted US rival Floyd Mayweather's provocative challenge for a showdown of the world's top pound-for-pound boxers, though sticking points to the fight remain.

The unbeaten Mayweather dared the Philippine icon this week on Twitter to "Step up Punk", attempting to entice Pacquiao into a May 5 bout in Las Vegas, a fight that boxing fans have wanted to see for years.

Mayweather and Pacquiao, 33, previously saw a fight derailed by the US fighter's demands about blood testing, with both boxers accusing the other of running scared.

"I want to fight him. This is the fight the world wants," Pacquiao declared at a news conference in the Philippines with his US promoter Bob Arum.

Pacquiao, 54-3 with two draws and 38 knockouts, said if the 34-year-old Mayweather, 42-0 with 26 knockouts, can find a promoter who would give him a guaranteed purse, the fight would be on.

Arum said he favours a showdown in late May and previously told the Los Angeles Times he could secure $40 million more with the construction of a temporary venue in Las Vegas before more than twice as many spectators.

"Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee," Pacquiao said.

"I don't have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse."

"If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis," Pacquiao added, referring to the money raised from pay-per-view television, gate and broadcast rights.

Arum added: "There is no problem on our part - the problem is on Mayweather's.

"Mayweather needs somebody on his side that's going to guarantee his purse. Mayweather has nobody on his side and GBP (Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions) is not going to guarantee his purse."

Arum insisted that if there was to be no fight in late May against the American then he would move forward with a Pacquiao clash on June 9 against someone else.

Welp.......

lmao so where the pretty ningas?

lol whats the news th pac rats get what they want.

i wonder if pbf can ask the moneyteam for the looot?

50? Ray J?

i'm not really up on the promotion business side of boxing but the promoter guarantees the fighter a minimum amount and they are responsible to deliver that and keep a % or anything over that?

they said this was like $100milly fight right? i mean even if golden boy didnt have it or didnt wanna put it up could they bring in outside investors...100mil sounds like alot to us but i'm sure there will be a line of people ready to write that check...the revenue this joint will generate for now and years to come will be ridiculous

its almost guaranteed to be at least a 3 match saga so if the promoter can get rights to all of them,  aside from anything crazy happening, wouldnt they basically be printing more money

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i'm not really up on the promotion business side of boxing but the promoter guarantees the fighter a minimum amount and they are responsible to deliver that and keep a % or anything over that?

they said this was like $100milly fight right? i mean even if golden boy didnt have it or didnt wanna put it up could they bring in outside investors...100mil sounds like alot to us but i'm sure there will be a line of people ready to write that check...the revenue this joint will generate for now and years to come will be ridiculous

its almost guaranteed to be at least a 3 match saga so if the promoter can get rights to all of them,  aside from anything crazy happening, wouldnt they basically be printing more money
$+%* all that investors bs..

when has Floyd ever needed an investor?...isnt a promoter the same thing as an investor?..

Unbeaten Boxer Pioneers Ways to Make Money Hand Over Fist [h6]By GREG BISHOP[/h6]
LAS VEGAS — On Saturday night, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make tens of millions of dollars for an hour’s worth of work, if that. He will be paid for what happens inside the ring and outside it, paid far more than any other boxer fighting today, for far more than just his performance in a welterweight title fight against Victor Ortiz.

On fight nights, if it were not for the din of the crowd and the sounds of fists striking chins, Mayweather could hear the ringing of cash registers. He earns a percentage of every ticket purchased, every pretzel consumed, every poster sold. He will earn from countries that paid for broadcasting rights and the theaters where the fight is shown.

Mayweather, regarded as one of the best boxers in history, fights under a highly unusual financial structure, exchanging upfront risk for back-end profit while retaining total control. He is even responsible for paying his opponent, in this case a business expense of at least $2 million.

“It’s never been done,

Back
Top Bottom