McMillions HBO series

I love this *documentary. Really picks up with episode 3. I didn’t make a thread because I thought no one was interested. I loved this game back then.

I was wondering why it went away...

Was it ever publicized that it was a scandal? I don’t recall this at all. I’m sitting here blown away how this all went down. I love the FBI agent Doug btw

Its crazy to think how the lady was only going to be getting 10k per year while Colombo was still going to get his 25k.

All I know is my dude here better play Jerry Colombo if they make a tv show
1582265709164.jpeg

also random i've never seen dude young, you'd never think it was the same person
FleshlerGlenn_288x375.jpg

Last edited:
Really intriguing show thus far. Read a little online and this was really not covered much in large part because it was buried post 9/11. Sounds like it gets even crazier so looking forward to seeing them derail the rest out. HBO does a stellar job.

I remember when I was younger working at a Mom and Pop shoe store and on a slow day at work I broke down to my boss a business plan about how he could expand. His response to me was “Storm, I’m doing just fine. Just remember, pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.”

This is a perfect example of that. If you’re paying attention, in episode three you see Jerry’s Frank Lucas mink coat moment(s). Son did it to himself.

They were all just way too unorganized. If I’m Uncle Jerry, I’m making sure each piece is followed down to the McDonalds they’re saying they got it from. Like make sure they actually cop from there several days earlier or go to McDonalds or multiple McDonalds if they’re getting a set. I’m also vetting each person in the scam it or making damn sure I at least have very good faith in my lieutenant(s) like Jerry Colombo are reliable.

They also ****ed up not using burners and not switching up phones. I’d have a new one for each winner. Too many holes. They shoulda had me running it and dudes would still be getting caked up today.

This story is crazy. Surprised it hadn't been made into a movie.

Probably will now that this mini series/podcast is out.

This story is crazy. Surprised it hadn't been made into a movie.

Probably will now that this mini series/podcast is out.

Man, you know how studios only like to re-makes. This would be soon as too risky :lol: If this is as successful as I think it is/will be then I would put money on a movie.

FYI - McMillions has a companion podcast put out by HBO. One after each episode. Definite recommend.

9/11 happened and this whole scandal got swept under the rug. From what I know a guy sold the winning pieces to friends and the rest of America never had a chance.

9/11 happened and this whole scandal got swept under the rug. From what I know a guy sold the winning pieces to friends and the rest of America never had a chance.

Yeah I am up to episode 3. But with all the security, is what i want to know. going to watch more tonight.

Yeah I am up to episode 3. But with all the security, is what i want to know. going to watch more tonight.
I feel like "the independent contractor" is going to turn out to be Colombo.

Also I know folks who are poor will take the money however, but what a stupid deal. First pay some of your own money upfront, then of the million, Colombo gets 500k, while with your 500k you still have to pay taxes on the million. At the end you're left with maybe 100k split up through 20 years, plus now a mobster owns you. SMH.

She was desperate for the money and when you move like that you tend to make mistakes. She had a bad feeling about it but still moved forward with it. Her first instinct was the right one.

The greatest hustlers, mob bosses, etc are the ones we will never know about.

The brother Frank Colombo and his wife had a weird dynamic. It's almost like she was his handler, approving of or revising everything he was saying :lol:

Last edited:
The Frank Colombo and his wife had a weird dynamic. It's almost like she was his handler, approving of or revising everything he was saying :lol:
I came in here to post almost this exact same thing. :lol: something really odd going on there, but i felt like he was her handler or something. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom