:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

What kind of drugs are the people buying this on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

No, I don't love Apple.
laugh.gif

And if anything if it's not a tablet and it's not a handheld it will spearhead more hybrid devices.

Just like Apple to lead the way.
glasses.gif

Net book > than that piece of trash. You cant be productive on  a SINGLE TASK DEVICE. Plus, touch screen netbooks are droppin.
laugh.gif
can't believe fools are buying something they already have
this.

Can I get a serious answer from a fan of this product?
What exactly does this do, that an iPhone or iTouch can't?

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

Break your toes if you drop it on them OF COURSE.
I know the medical field is looking at implementing this.  So it'll probably have programs that allows the digitalization of charts and records that could be tapped through the hospitals or clinics wifi.  I think it's a step in the right direction.

However, as a regular person, I really can't justify buying one.

If I didn't already have an iPhone, iPod, and 2 Macbooks this would be a great pickup, well not really.  Just goes to show you that people will buy damn near ANYTHING
smh.gif

^I guess you're right.

Apple pretty much sold out of their pre-orders.

Still waiting on that 3G version though. The ability to use 3G and all of AT&T's wifi hotspots is well worth the $150 extra.

Originally Posted by soggymayo

How do you get fap material...with that thing? No flash....might as well not come with the Safari app. Even better question how do you fap while keeping the ipad in place?
tired.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I know the medical field is looking at implementing this.  So it'll probably have programs that allows the digitalization of charts and records that could be tapped through the hospitals or clinics wifi.  I think it's a step in the right direction.

that would look real futurist-like...

a bunch of docs and nurses runnin around with magazine-thick screens with charts on them...

the haters on here are just as/ if not cornier than the hardcore Apple fanboys.. 

this iPad really does have potential.. just wait until the JB crowd gets their hands on these.. 

and another thing..

Kindle DX: $450 functions: e-reader

iPad: $499 (starting price) functions: e-reader, portable movie player, portable gaming device (casual), touchscreen netbook, etc

be honest with yourself.. which one would you buy?

def not a must buy.. im not coppin' until 2nd gen IF this thing ever gets multitask capabilities 
grin.gif

BTW, although i do own an iPhone myself, im far form an Apple "fanboy".. im a PC 
smile.gif
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by handullz

Originally Posted by Biggie62

that would look real futurist-like...

a bunch of docs and nurses runnin around with magazine-thick screens with charts on them...
That's already basically here. My doctor uses a thin, touch screen tablet PC on a wireless network ...

Originally Posted by proper english

the haters on here are just as/ if not cornier than the hardcore Apple fanboys.. 

this iPad really does have potential.. just wait until the JB crowd gets their hands on these.. 

and another thing..

Kindle DX: $450 functions: e-reader

iPad: $499 (starting price) functions: e-reader, portable movie player, portable gaming device (casual), touchscreen netbook, etc

be honest with yourself.. which one would you buy?

def not a must buy.. im not coppin' until 2nd gen IF this thing ever gets multitask capabilities 
grin.gif

BTW, although i do own an iPhone myself, im far form an Apple "fanboy".. im a PC 
smile.gif
pimp.gif
tongue.gif
But thats the whole problem if you don't want an e-reader this thing is an oversized iphone?

I seriously hated this thing as I watched the presentation. But as we've been talking about the evolution of electronic media in my broadcasting class I have come to realize that this is the next big thing. EVERYTHING we read (newspapers, magazines, textbooks, novels, journals, tabloids, etc.) can be compressed into the iPad... This product isn't supposed to be an all-inclusive/do-everything computer, it's built with a specific purpose not a general one. How many times have you lost a manual for something that you needed? How about being able to download that manuals and have videos embedded in them so that you actually understand what normal pictures would have you confused about?

I dunno, it just makes more sense to me knowing that this isn't suppose to be competing with netbooks (which I think are stupid) and that their main purpose and hugest market is in the business of converting thousands of literature documents into something that is mobile. I hate carrying books to school, I would much rather carry this thing around with my all of my required texts in it than all my books.

I understand the argument of it being a big iPod Touch cuz that's what I thought too.... But... who's going to want to read a textbook/novel/magazine on a 4 inch screen for long periods of time?

Back
Top Bottom