Men's Facial Wash vol. What do you use?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I've heard good things about Cetaphil and have been anxious to try it. I have a question though and I am not sure if anyone can help me: I currently use the PanOxyl soap bar as my morning/night facial wash but was wondering if I could use a Cetaphil product as my 'moisturizer'?

I've been applying Cocoa Butter to the face during the day but I don't think that will suffice as a facial moisturizer anymore. Would I be able to safely satisfy two needs in acne-car and facial moisture by using one of those Cetaphil sunscreen type products without facing trouble due to my use of Panoxyl as well? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Man get an actual moisturizer for you face, cocoa butter is way to greasy for me.  Something cheap to try is Every Man Jack from target.  I am using cetaphil now and only exfoliate once a week.  I have extremely sensitive skin and it is what has worked best for me.  Also I think what made the most difference in clearing up my skin was using a good toner/astringent.  Witch Hazel like others have said is great.  Just be sure to apply a good moisturizer after.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

dr bronners
Dr_Bronners_Peppermint_Liquid_16oz_300w.jpg
Don't use this on my face, but use it as my body wash.  Seriously makes your balls tingle when you step out of the shower, great feeling after being outside sweating in the summer
pimp.gif
The tea tree one is good for acne/ dandruff. Love dr bronners 

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Are the guys who you Cetaphil black or have oily skin?

I'm a tan Puerto Rican, I'm about to get on the Cetaphil bandwagon though. I've been using Proactiv but that $@%@ is getting expensive. 

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Where to cop Dr Bonners?

Get it at their website. 
Free shipping with a 20 dollar order. The bottle i posted is 3/4 and i've had for like 6 months. It also has like 18 uses. You can use to clean the floors, do laundry, as shampoo, bodywash, toothpaste(yes, ive tried it), and a bunch of other uses. 

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Answers are on point. That Witch Hazel + African Black Soap is the truth ...so is Cetaphil. Make sure to follow up with a moisturizer because it can leave your skin dry.

where can this be copped?

Proactive is pretty good. Worked well for me. But yeah...It's quite expensive..
frown.gif

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

tongue.gif

lemme drop some knowledge that some crooked facewash companies / dermos don't want you to know:

1. physiological stress is a huge contributor to bad skin - whether it be acne, eczema, etc
     - before you try a million different products, make sure that your stress levels are relatively managed
     - a healthy diet and some good cardio a couple times a week can lower your stress levels (
2. All skin is different
3. In order to know the best solution for your skin, you must first understand your skin (there are many different skin types, dry/oily/sensitive/big pores/small pores/ etc)
4. Less can be more - esp. for those with sensitive skin
     - I have sensitive/oily skin and my skin improved when i switched from neutro facewash/topical cream treatment to a soap-free cleansing gel and an alcohol-free witch hazel facewash.
5. sunlight in moderation is good for you

good luck / at the end of the day, you're the scientist, your body is the experiment
try something/ stick with it/ see results/ adjust accordingly
pimp.gif

After some research, I'm switching from Proactiv to these products. I have oily skin and a little sensitive so I think this should work out a little better.

I'll use this in the morning and night.

41myWUUPWTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then this after I use the cleanser.

300.jpg

Then this after I use the toner. It's oil free so I think it would be good.

38137003811_450x450_a.jpg

And then this like twice a week.

st+ives+apricot+scrub.jpg

Is that a good plan? I have minor acne sometimes and oily skin so if any of you guys have other suggestions, let me know!

sumbody school me on that black soap. i remember in that video where they was roastin lil mama, she was sayin charlemagne got them black @+$ burned up lookin marks on his face from usin black soap so im tryna see if its a downside to this %*%*

AYYE Cetaphil gave me the worst break outs ever earlier this year. that stuff has so many chemicals and toxins just read the label

been using this

sxQR0otuGOlHD.jpg

ever since i seen it in my sisters bathroom
laugh.gif
the foaming cleanser works wonders

also drink lots of water stay away from Pop at all costs

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Answers are on point. That Witch Hazel + African Black Soap is the truth ...so is Cetaphil. Make sure to follow up with a moisturizer because it can leave your skin dry.

where can this be copped?

Witch Hazel

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1003&***=592&q=witch+hazel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9283078679480279240&sa=X&ei=NIsyTpPQA4jfgQeP1LyhDQ&ved=0CGgQ8wIwAg#

or

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1003&***=592&q=witch+hazel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15503712430336808557&sa=X&ei=NIsyTpPQA4jfgQeP1LyhDQ&ved=0CIIBEPMCMAY#

Black Soap

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sh...944-product?V=G&ext=frgl_Google_Personal_Care  

infopg_bottlewipes.jpg

Heard about this on some other forum. apparently it's the stuff doctors use to destroy bacteria before and after surgeries.
Read up on it and people said it's been working better than anything they've used. 100% safe to use and not harsh at all. Anyone try this
nerd.gif

Nuetragena makes a nice face wash and suave makes a heated one for those who rock the beard, it keeps my beard looking right

Back
Top Bottom