MGMT Appreciation - Congratulations - Spring of 2010 - 2010 Is Going To Be A Great Year

5v8uo5.jpg

Man, i love this group. I was bumping Oracular Spectacular the whole day today.

Can't wait for their new album 'Congratulations' thats coming out in 2010.

MGMT began writing for the album in early 2009 in a "small cabin in the woods", eventually heading to Malibu to record with Pete Kember, ex-member of Spacemen 3, and vocal contributions from Royal Trux singer Jennifer Herrema[2] VanWyngarden has stated that the album is influenced by the band's massive rise in popularity since Oracular Spectacular's release, saying "t's us trying to deal with all the craziness that's been going on since our last album took off. Sometimes it just doesn't feel natural."
As of November 6, 2009, the new album is being mixed by Flaming Lips producer Dave Fridmann. According to Alt-Nation (Satellite radio), MGMT are working on a "top secret" project with Sir Paul McCartney. It is unclear if the song(s) will be included on 'Congratulations.'
On Sunday, December 6, 2009, the album has been completely mixed and will be mastered in the next couple of weeks.

Expected Tracks

It's Working
Song For Dan Treacy
Congratulations
I Found a Whistle
Flash Delirium
The Hedgehog
Brian Eno

I hope this album is more focused...the last album seemed to go off on different tangents and the flow of it wasn't the best...they are still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and can't wait to see them live again...

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

2010 in general is shaping up to be a GREAT year.

Co-sign.

Lupes, Eminem, MGMT, Jeezy, and a couple more i cant remember.

WOW at MGMT being lumped with eminem and jeezy...pursuit of happiness is a stain on their career...their album was cool the great songs were GREAT and theother songs were...the other songs

not only did they decide to appear on that god awful boring @@+ album, they produced one of the most uninspired songs of the year. they are capable of being somuch more creative and working with artists who are way more interesting

Ratatatat produced that song. MGMT was only on the hook. I thought it was a great collabo, though, and worked out very well.

"Weekend Wars", "The Youth", "Money to Burn", "Honey Bunny", "Greyhoundredux", "Electric Feel","4th Deminsional", "Pieces of What", "Grutu"

my fav joints from them.......
pimp.gif

def APPRECIATED......cant wait for the new album..........i wish bands would put out mixtapes like hip hop, well...maybe not.....saturation and exhaustion canbe bad for anything
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

not only did they decide to appear on that god awful boring @@+ album, they produced one of the most uninspired songs of the year. they are capable of being so much more creative and working with artists who are way more interesting
indifferent.gif

Oracular Spectacular is the perfect example of an unbalanced album. The first half of the album was very, very good. The second half was boring and disjointed.Truth be told, the many electro remixes for their songs (Justice's remix of Electric Feel as an example) were much better than the original songs.

Still looking forward to this though.

Back
Top Bottom