Miami Fans have Ruined Basketball for Me

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i hate the idea of the heat, boston's big three wasnt that big of a deal to me because they were old, these dudes are gonna ruin basketball for the next 5 years

niketalk

I had to
laugh.gif

i hate the idea of the heat, boston's big three wasnt that big of a deal to me because they were old, these dudes are gonna ruin basketball for the next 5 years

niketalk

I had to
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by franchise3

So what you're saying is, they're starting to sound like Lakers fans

laker fans somewhat got a right to be cocky though, they've been the most successful franchise in the 4 major professional sports since 1970, which means in most peoples lifetime, and for the most part the lakers should always be in the mix of things, yeah there might be a down season here and there but they should usually be playing decent.  not many other fanbases have the high expectations laker fans do almost year in and year out.

now trust me there's a difference between cocky and flat out annoying in terms of being a fan but i'd be lying to you if i said i didn't have MUCH higher expectations for what i expect out of the lakers compared to my favorite mlb, nhl, and nfl teams.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
   is it not true though?    11 titles since 1970 which is the most out of all 4 major sports,   18 trips to the finals since then, and only 5 losing seasons since then.  expectations should be high

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by franchise3

So what you're saying is, they're starting to sound like Lakers fans

laker fans somewhat got a right to be cocky though, they've been the most successful franchise in the 4 major professional sports since 1970, which means in most peoples lifetime, and for the most part the lakers should always be in the mix of things, yeah there might be a down season here and there but they should usually be playing decent.  not many other fanbases have the high expectations laker fans do almost year in and year out.

now trust me there's a difference between cocky and flat out annoying in terms of being a fan but i'd be lying to you if i said i didn't have MUCH higher expectations for what i expect out of the lakers compared to my favorite mlb, nhl, and nfl teams.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
   is it not true though?    11 titles since 1970 which is the most out of all 4 major sports,   18 trips to the finals since then, and only 5 losing seasons since then.  expectations should be high

i really don't agree with that, honestly what the heat did was genius and savy if you ask me, i can't knock em one bit at all for that.  dudes planned something out that would them in a position to possibly win a few titles.  does it mean im cheering for them? hell no,  but the moves they made were smart and i'll give credit where credit is due.

i really don't agree with that, honestly what the heat did was genius and savy if you ask me, i can't knock em one bit at all for that.  dudes planned something out that would them in a position to possibly win a few titles.  does it mean im cheering for them? hell no,  but the moves they made were smart and i'll give credit where credit is due.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

. And the other day, he told me with a straight face that LeBron could beat MJ 1-on-1 in his prime with 90's rules
indifferent.gif
Mind you he is 26 and has watched basketball all his life.
Your friend is a certified idiot.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

. And the other day, he told me with a straight face that LeBron could beat MJ 1-on-1 in his prime with 90's rules
indifferent.gif
Mind you he is 26 and has watched basketball all his life.
Your friend is a certified idiot.

what is "savy" about a few buddies teaming up to make competition easier for themselves?

what is "savy" about a few buddies teaming up to make competition easier for themselves?

Originally Posted by DubA169

you play to win the game,  the 80's lakers had magic, kareem, worthy, byron scott etc,  granted they were put together through the draft and trades but still,  same with the bird, parrish, mchale celtics.   i hate defending the heat but if they win a few rings,  5-6 years down the line all everyone is going to look at is the championships they won.

you play to win the game,  the 80's lakers had magic, kareem, worthy, byron scott etc,  granted they were put together through the draft and trades but still,  same with the bird, parrish, mchale celtics.   i hate defending the heat but if they win a few rings,  5-6 years down the line all everyone is going to look at is the championships they won.

Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Pau... Lakers have been lucky enough to do this forever... Location point blank. That's why it's kind of mind-boggling how bad the Knicks have been the past decade.

Lakers fan should be grateful, not cocky. They or the organization have almost nothing to do with the team's success. Actually, Lakers' fans have absolutely nothing to do with it. Some of their greatest players only came because LA/SoCal is what it is.

Although Abdul-Jabbar always spoke well of Milwaukee and its fans, he said that being in the Midwest did not fit his cultural needs and requested a trade to either New York or Los Angeles in October 1974.[12]

O'Neal compared his lack of privacy in Orlando to "feeling like a big fish in a dried-up pond."[20]

Cherry finally adds several personal reasons: Wilt felt he had grown too big for Philadelphia, sought the presence of fellow celebrities (which were plenty in L.A.) and finally also desired the opportunity to date white women, which was possible for a black man in L.A. but hard to imagine elsewhere back then.[72]

Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Pau... Lakers have been lucky enough to do this forever... Location point blank. That's why it's kind of mind-boggling how bad the Knicks have been the past decade.

Lakers fan should be grateful, not cocky. They or the organization have almost nothing to do with the team's success. Actually, Lakers' fans have absolutely nothing to do with it. Some of their greatest players only came because LA/SoCal is what it is.

Although Abdul-Jabbar always spoke well of Milwaukee and its fans, he said that being in the Midwest did not fit his cultural needs and requested a trade to either New York or Los Angeles in October 1974.[12]

O'Neal compared his lack of privacy in Orlando to "feeling like a big fish in a dried-up pond."[20]

Cherry finally adds several personal reasons: Wilt felt he had grown too big for Philadelphia, sought the presence of fellow celebrities (which were plenty in L.A.) and finally also desired the opportunity to date white women, which was possible for a black man in L.A. but hard to imagine elsewhere back then.[72]

if they want a championship badly, why would they make it HARDER on themselves?

Back
Top Bottom