Miami passes Los Angeles as the second most expensive housing market in the US

Are the houses in Miami worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 82.2%

• Total voters
I honestly don’t see how some people can afford these places.

Tech companies pay more than you think, most ppl buying these homes are couples + mommy and daddy money.

Dual income making 300K combined, plus a down payment gift from parents suddenly a 900K home is “affordable”.

Now, what happens when they have kids and somebody gets laid off? Who knows :lol:

I feel like housing is only important political issue, and my entire generation is just ignoring it.

there should be riots in the streets.
Are you trying to say it is the only major political issue.

Or it is the only major political issue that millennials are ignoring?

I don’t think anyone is ignoring it. It’s all we talk about at work. It’s some kids dream who is 22 to even own a house. He’s not rioting ever, he’s a small town do what I’m told kind of guy.

Are you trying to say it is the only major political issue.

Or it is the only major political issue that millennials are ignoring?

I mangled that

I think it's biggest political issue for the millenial generation in Canada.

We are turning into a country where the only way to build wealth or have land is to inherit it.

And unlike US there is no sunbelt to move to.

We are totally 100% ****ed and a lot of people my age seem to be unaware.

I don’t think anyone is ignoring it. It’s all we talk about at work. It’s some kids dream who is 22 to even own a house. He’s not rioting ever, he’s a small town do what I’m told kind of guy.

maybe in the US is different.

I've had so many convo's with people who are just entering that phase of like who are life "ill find something"
mother ****er no you won't. :lol:

Last edited:
The worm is turning here a bit, in fact Justin Trudeau's party might loose because of this.
The conservatives are targeting young voters with a housing message and it seems like it's working.

but it's still not enough, it's locally where it matters, and locally NIMBY's have zero fear.
because young renters don't vote

no way you historically preserve a a ****ing soy sauce factory if you were worried about a housing crisis backlash.

The preservation stuff is just the most insane galling ****.

1664300298068.png

one of the most in demand areas of the city.

wine rack and laser hair removal? all preserved.
all the two story builds you see? preserved.

this isn't ****ing paris, nobody cares about our two story ****ings buildings that were built a week ago.

I mean to be fair why should they just be able to commandeer the soy sauce factory?

Most our affordable housing is going up in first ring suburbs these days.

1664300576860.png
1664300617621.png

it's amazing to me that Grimes gets it,

Cardi B gets it.

but ask your local city councilor, or mayor, or state rep...and they start hemming and hawing.

I mean to be fair why should they just be able to commandeer the soy sauce factory?

Most our affordable housing is going up in first ring suburbs these days.

the fair thing to do is to allow whoever owns the land the soy sauce factory sits on
to build whatever they want build on that land.

there have been multiple applications to build 10 story apartment building there

with the historical designation that is now illegal.

im sure some rich hipster will buy it gut the inside and use the exterior for his downtown industrial loft.

the fair thing to do is to allow whoever owns the land the soy sauce factory sits on
to build whatever they want build on that land.

there have been multiple applications to build 10 story apartment building there

with the historical designation that is now illegal.

im sure some rich hipster will buy it gut the inside and use the exterior for his downtown industrial loft.

Oh yeah, If the owner wants to do it that fine.

I’m just saying you can’t kick the soy sauce guys out if they own it. If they want to sell and move cool.

We got some abandoned strip mall here that’s full of homeless people but it’s “historical” so they can’t tear it down. It’s prime real estate on a bluff overlooking the river. The owner doesn’t want it to be sold and become a condo so now it’s crack head condos. They go through every couple months, bring dumpsters, kick them out throw out their stuff and re board it up.

Next day the boards are ripped off and dudes are hanging out the windows again looking at you like 👀👀👀

I don’t want it to be condos either. Nothing here is ever built that’s affordable. It’s all “luxury” bs.

Oh yeah, If the owner wants to do it that fine.

I’m just saying you can’t kick the soy sauce guys out if they own it. If they want to sell and move cool.

yah soy sauce guys are long gone, the lands been sold to developers, who've been trying to build something for years.

We got some abandoned strip mall here that’s full of homeless people but it’s “historical” so they can’t tear it down. It’s prime real estate on a bluff overlooking the river. The owner doesn’t want it to be sold and become a condo so now it’s crack head condos. They go through every couple months, bring dumpsters, kick them out throw out their stuff and re board it up.

Next day the boards are ripped off and dudes are hanging out the windows again looking at you like 👀👀👀

text book example why homelessness is a housing issue.
we got homeless people camping in parks, and people are acting like it's mystery why it's happening.

I don’t want it to be condos either. Nothing here is ever built that’s affordable. It’s all “luxury” bs

luxury condos at least divert money away from existing housing stock.
a luxuray condo would be way better than an empty soy sauce factory repurposed into a rich guy loft.
or a crack head refugee camp.

I mangled that

I think it's biggest political issue for the millenial generation in Canada.

We are turning into a country where the only way to build wealth or have land is to inherit it.

And unlike US there is no sunbelt to move to.

We are totally 100% ****ed and a lot of people my age seem to be unaware.

See what I posted above.

And this country has always been based off wealth/inheritance

Old people are useless too half the time though, they can’t even send an email and hold the phone up to their face to take a pic likes it’s a Polaroid.

1664300576860.png
1664300617621.png

it's amazing to me that Grimes gets it,

Cardi B gets it.

but ask your local city councilor, or mayor, or state rep...and they start hemming and hawing.

There’s plenty room in America to build homes, but the average person wants to live in a cosmopolitan city.

I always joke about New Yorkers complaining about space, but no one wants to live in upstate NY.

Plenty rural areas in the Great Plains, Midwest, west, etc and certain areas in the south.

But people want to live closer to the city. The price will always be expensive

Old people are useless too half the time though, they can’t even send an email and hold the phone up to their face to take a pic likes it’s a Polaroid.

Those old peoples are the ones who built the homes, build the foundations, laid the tile or did the roofing work when it came to building….

The average young person this day in age doesn’t want to do roofing, lay tile, or pour concrete. Or, carpentry.

People may dislike boomers but, they’re the generation that did all the hard work. Erected the buildings, did the asphalt work, etc.

A lot of young people don’t want to get their hands dirty or do hard labor

Infrastructure is lacking due to neglect (By us, as well as the government). There aren’t any perks to doing construction or blue collar work these days. Why? Because they aren’t paying.

I’ve seen it myself and I understand. Why do all this hard labor, strenuous work, and still not be able to afford certain luxuries or be able to take care of my family? It’s pointless.

Not many teens, or 20s somethings are lining up to do construction work. And a lot of our elders are getting long in the tooth.

My uncle is 62, he’s been roofing since 18. There’s definitely a staffing shortage in the construction industry but no one seems to be talking about it.

That’s why young people won’t fit in in a rural area though.

Like what would they do for work? :lol: you could get a six figure job in the iron range in Mn and a house for 250k on 10 acres. But you’re not going to be in an office. You’re logging or mining up there.

A lot of young people don’t want to get their hands dirty or do hard labor

They’re programmed that way, everyone wants to run big equipment until they’re 16. Then their parents tell them no that’s a bad job.

I know 22 year olds putting up wind turbines making 180k. They don’t even do anything hard. They just tell the crane operator “cable down” “boom up” etc. no labor at all.

Back
Top Bottom