Michigan State?

Any alums or current students?If so, how do you like it?Tell me everything you know cause its fairly high on my list and would like to know how the studentslike it.Thanks

Not an alum, or current student, but I live in the area (just moved to Lansing from Flint/school in Ann Arbor, but had ton of friends at State and mygrandparents lived East Lansing) and can at least speak to the city atmosphere. Downtown EL is a typical college area, and campus is gorgeous. One thing,though; if your classes are going to be spread out, know that the campus is huge and you'll be taking the bus all over - not sure how much the pass is, butyou'll need to pay for CATA (the local trans. authority). State is a hardcore party school that still takes academics seriously, so you can definitely getthe best of both worlds - anybody looking to go into political science (Madison is a good academic experience), education, or *ahem* agricultural scienceshould give it some serious thought. The sports scene should be pretty good - I've been to a few basketball games at Breslin, and it's certainly hype;hockey games are nice; I haven't been to any MSU football games, but it's Big Ten ball and the team is doing well this year. Not sure about the Greekscene, but I've never thought white greeks outside of the south and black greeks outside of HBCUs were doing it that big. The biggest thing to realize isthat the Lansing/EL area isn't really all that big. At least for me, where I would constantly head to Detroit for weekend stuff, being at least two hoursaway from a large city (unless you really like Grand Rapids) isn't the most desirable thing. But if you're used to it or welcome that change of pace,I'd definitely reccomend it.

Go Blue.

Back
Top Bottom