Mid-twenties crisis.. Need advice

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Worrying what society thinks and needing their input to model your life just means you're gonna have a midlife crisis at 50.

I agree. I've realized doing what makes you happy is more important than chasing after some kind of standard or glimpse of success.

im 25 and i have no job, no car, no place of my own (living in a recovery house), my relationship wiht my fam isnt good, mom got breast cancer a couple years ago and beat it, and due 2 my drug use (stealing and whatnot). friends dont really have none, havent had a gf for a couple years. but im starting 2 turn my life around, gonna go 2 community college in the fall n work towards working for nike if its possible.

so im sure your in a better place than me in life lol

im 25 and i have no job, no car, no place of my own (living in a recovery house), my relationship wiht my fam isnt good, mom got breast cancer a couple years ago and beat it, and due 2 my drug use (stealing and whatnot). friends dont really have none, havent had a gf for a couple years. but im starting 2 turn my life around, gonna go 2 community college in the fall n work towards working for nike if its possible.

I'm about to turn 24 in august OP I feel you on this.

Do not compare yourself to your peers. That's not the answer.

I think you can tell if you are comfortable with yourself. I have a career that I like. But the scary part about that is being 24 and realizing this is what I am going to do the rest of my life. That's what scares me

I've realized you just have to take it a day at a time and work toward your goals. Enjoy everyday you're alive and try to make the best out of every day.

I'm about to turn 24 in august OP I feel you on this.

Do not compare yourself to your peers. That's not the answer.

I think you can tell if you are comfortable with yourself. I have a career that I like. But the scary part about that is being 24 and realizing this is what I am going to do the rest of my life. That's what scares me

I've realized you just have to take it a day at a time and work toward your goals. Enjoy everyday you're alive and try to make the best out of every day.

Originally Posted by scshift

From the perspective of a 17-year old:

-No relationships, no commitments
-Grad school or working a solid job, but with the intent to rise up the corporate ladder
-Good family relationships, but slightly distance because of work/fast life
-Don't take %$+% from anyone. You're in the prime of your life so people should roll with it or leave
-Live nicely but definitely within your means
-Smash women
-Stack money
What I'll be aiming for when in my mid 20's. 

-Grad school or working a solid job, but with the intent to rise up the corporate ladder
-Don't take %$+% from anyone. You're in the prime of your life so people should roll with it or leave
-Smash women
-Stack money
What I'll be aiming for when in my mid 20's. 

unless your a charming, personable dude with good personality, and a degree from a top 10 ivy league, moving up the corporate ladder is a pipe dream to most, especially in todays economy.  your better off getting a loan and starting a business that your passionate about.

unless your a charming, personable dude with good personality, and a degree from a top 10 ivy league, moving up the corporate ladder is a pipe dream to most, especially in todays economy.  your better off getting a loan and starting a business that your passionate about.

excelling = living life how you want to.

slacking = living life according to other people.

there's always going to be ups and downs life, because that's just life.

excelling = living life how you want to.

slacking = living life according to other people.

there's always going to be ups and downs life, because that's just life.

Originally Posted by A Town Rep

congrats fam with getting $%*+ together.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like many have said op you dont want to go off of other people. You just need to do what makes you feel good and pays bills. I went thru the same crisis at 21. Didnt know what to do. Already had my son so I dropped out of college and took the (new famous nt quote) bout that life route. All was good for a lil then had to do a lil 2yr bid and that was what really woke me up. Since then I been doing construction since Ive always been good with my hand and been living comfortable every since.

In terms of what society expects $%#& society, This is the time to try a few things that make you happy and if they dont work then you try something else. Good luck op (25 btw)  

Originally Posted by A Town Rep

congrats fam with getting $%*+ together.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like many have said op you dont want to go off of other people. You just need to do what makes you feel good and pays bills. I went thru the same crisis at 21. Didnt know what to do. Already had my son so I dropped out of college and took the (new famous nt quote) bout that life route. All was good for a lil then had to do a lil 2yr bid and that was what really woke me up. Since then I been doing construction since Ive always been good with my hand and been living comfortable every since.

In terms of what society expects $%#& society, This is the time to try a few things that make you happy and if they dont work then you try something else. Good luck op (25 btw)  

-Smash women
-Stack money

damn, you on point for this post young ++@!*

-Smash women
-Stack money

damn, you on point for this post young ++@!*

i think the same things myself and im turning 26 in 2 weeks. no car, living at home, minimal savings but i have a decent secure (for the time being) job. i feel like i should be in a better spot.

i think the same things myself and im turning 26 in 2 weeks. no car, living at home, minimal savings but i have a decent secure (for the time being) job. i feel like i should be in a better spot.

I'm 22 years old and the only thing I've come to the conclusion that I need to improve on is I need to travel more so I'm getting my passport next week and I want to have seen most parts of the world by the time I die I've already seen pretty much all of the 48 US states

I'm 22 years old and the only thing I've come to the conclusion that I need to improve on is I need to travel more so I'm getting my passport next week and I want to have seen most parts of the world by the time I die I've already seen pretty much all of the 48 US states

Back
Top Bottom