Middle Eastern individuals busted @ Boston's main water supply after midnight

So you've never heard of an elementary school getting locked down when an individual is described by authorities as suspicious?

You've never heard of mass e-mails going out to a university student body when a phantom gunman is suspected of lurking?

indifferent.gif

Would you like me to provide links?
Now you're being silly.  You seem to think I'm claiming that nobody in the history of American society has EVER made headlines by trespassing on school property - and that's completely ridiculous.

What I did say is that a suspect's "Whiteness" doesn't fit into the criminal profile, in spite of all that's happened, and that Whiteness, in and of itself, does not elevate someone's level of risk, suspicion, or "newsworthiness." 

You're the one who added MIDDLE EASTERN to the title.  Perhaps you ought to explain why.

People shouldn't have to "walk on eggshells" to avoid racial profiling.  If a Black fifteen year old stole a candy bar from a convenience store in Florida within a month of Trayvon Martin's death and somebody tried to make a big deal out of it, would you defend that by saying, "well, uh, they did commit a crime and last I checked the press does have the responsibility to report criminal activity."  Get real.

We all see what's going on here.

I'm tired of this stigma surrounding chemical engineers.

They're not all mad scientists folks.

To those that are defending this racism, or "profiling" or whatever you want to call it, I'm willing to bet you have never walked a mile in our shoes.  Let's' see how long you can tolerate the hate for.   It's easy to sit and judge if you're the majority. 

Gets mad when the government take precautions attempts to prevent "terrorist attacks"

Blames same government when terrorist attacks happen as they could have done more or they were in on it.

Rinse and repeat

do you guys realize how difficult it would be to poison a water supply of that size?

regardless, it's kinda sketchy to be walking around at midnight in the woods unless you're camping or lost. i don't care what nationality you are.

Gets mad when the government take precautions attempts to prevent "terrorist attacks"

Blames same government when terrorist attacks happen as they could have done more or they were in on it.

Rinse and repeat
I think you missed the point. 

This man was caught loitering near the water supply. He is not the first, and he definitely is not the last. However, the others were either left alone, or sent off with a slap on the wrist. This man was arrested for the same exact thing. He is only thought to be a terrorist due to his race. 

If they were to have simply arrested him for the crime, which is loitering. Then he would not be on blast by the news, and most likely, Niketalk would not have even heard of it.

Like someone said if it is sketchy, then it is sketchy. It is better to be safe than sorry.

If a specific race, culture or "however you like to stereotype them" appear to fit and act a certain way, then You can't afford not to be careful!!

Nobody wants the world to be this way, but a few ruin it for the majority. Go outside of the US and see how you are looked at, specifically any Muslim country. Go with your Religious, cultural and personal beliefs and see how they treat you. It is always the Americans in the hot spot, that alone speaks for itself.

[emoji]9996[/emoji]

I suppose "White man caught loitering outside Connecticut preschool" is fair game for national news now?  

"What's he doing there?  Can't be anything good."  "Doesn't he know that White men should be walking on eggshells now - ESPECIALLY in Connecticut and ESPECIALLY around schools?"  "Maybe y'all softies forgot that loitering is a CRIME."  "Would you rather they NOT arrest him and have him shoot up a school?"  

View media item 412002

but standing outside a school is legal
i agree with everything else, though

I suppose "White man caught loitering outside Connecticut preschool" is fair game for national news now?  

"What's he doing there?  Can't be anything good."  "Doesn't he know that White men should be walking on eggshells now - ESPECIALLY in Connecticut and ESPECIALLY around schools?"  "Maybe y'all softies forgot that loitering is a CRIME."  "Would you rather they NOT arrest him and have him shoot up a school?"  
but standing outside a school is legal
i agree with everything else, though
No, it's not legal in Connecticut.

I just looked up what the QUABBIN RESERVOIR looks like....some of ya'll are acting like its some Water Treatment Plant....its just a big *** lake/reservoir with lots of scenery and trees.

Trespassing or not, I still don't see anything suspicious about what they were doing....

:lol: No kidding it's freaking 38.6 square miles!

7 kids who happened to be middle eastern trespassed and this is news? FBI got involved, water testing... man oh man! Paranoia!

So bottom line.. if you're Middle Eastern looking like Bin Ladin, stay home or be racially profiled and harassed. :smh:

Pakistanis and Singaporeans aren't Middle Eastern.

Nice try fear-mongering though.

Last edited:
A lot of reaching and sensitivity on both sides of this argument in here from what I see

So because they were middle eastern men, we're going just going to assume the very worst case scenario?

The racism is strong in Boston, so I'm not even surprised that this is "news".
I knew things like this would be brought up. If you saw 7 people of any race gathered up at the main drinking supply after midnight, wouldn't you also assume the very worst? Whats the very best thing they could be doing there at that time?

I knew things like this would be brought up. If you saw 7 people of any race gathered up at the main drinking supply after midnight, wouldn't you also assume the very worst? Whats the very best thing they could be doing there at that time?

Drinking water.

So because they were middle eastern men, we're going just going to assume the very worst case scenario?

The racism is strong in Boston, so I'm not even surprised that this is "news".
Camping.

Nobody wants the world to be this way, but a few ruin it for the majority. Go outside of the US and see how you are looked at, specifically any Muslim country. Go with your Religious, cultural and personal beliefs and see how they treat you. It is always the Americans in the hot spot, that alone speaks for itself.
Except that we're talking about making people feel unwelcome in their own home country.  

Are all Christians judged by the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church?  "The few" didn't ruin it for that majority.

loitering on school grounds is illegal in other places too, I'm aware. no need to point it out.  Meth said "loitering outside".
Yeah, as in outside a school building.. not "outside school grounds."  Odd to nitpick to that extreme just to find fault... "but, other than that, I agree with you."

I'm tired of this stigma surrounding chemical engineers.

They're not all mad scientists folks.

lol nah i'd laugh if that were true. only engineering stigma is that we are asocial.

if these people were some white college hippies who happened to be chemical engineers, this story wouldn't even have been written. it probably would've looked better as it could easily be brushed off as educational, as opposed to suspicious.

Last edited:

Umm you do realize kids usually have no where to go so they usually loiter. As a youngster, we broke into abandoned buildings to throw parties, sneaked into closed beaches and had bonfires, went on hikes at closed parks, and we did all this in our high school years. Like I said in this day and age, unfortunately if you're a middle eastern looking cat... best to just stay home! I am sure the same can be said about Japanese Americans during the WWII era!

View media item 412524

Like someone said if it is sketchy, then it is sketchy. It is better to be safe than sorry.

If a specific race, culture or "however you like to stereotype them" appear to fit and act a certain way, then You can't afford not to be careful!!

[emoji]9996[/emoji]

so i should brush off the NYPD's stop and frisk policy and blacks and latinos because its "better safe than sorry" ? mind you the stop and frisk produced hardly any weapons. and the number of people stopped is in the thousands....

we should profile christians due to a select few bombing abortion clinics or attacking doctors.

we should profile whites because timothy mcveigh ruined it for the majority. or the boston bombers. they should've ruined it for white people too right?

....what is the use. meth and animal are wasting their breath. and so am i. idk why meth doesn't pull the trigger on this thread. no rules broken, but a cesspool of ignorance.

murica!

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom