Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

It would of been better if they changed the names. If it's not supposed to be a true reboot and they're not the OG team, why do they all happen to have the exact same names as them? :stoneface:

C'mon son.

At this point I hope Saban or somebody does decide to go dark with PR. Bring it to cable tv for a series. It'd be gold.

A Hispanic chick with an Asian name :stoneface:

:stoneface:
You know, I know my share of asian people (chinese, vietnamese, thai, etc..), and never been across or heard anyone by the name of Trini. And when you google "Trini" the main results are Trini from MMPR, the Nicki Minaj song or people from Trinidad.

However, if you mean her last name, "Kwan," I'm pretty sure they're going to change it for the film.

I do find it interesting how people are lashing out at this film for trying to be PC. They were really in a no-win situation with the casting of the black and yellow ranger.

I mean did people really take the whole black guy/ black ranger, Asian girl/yellow ranger thing too seriously? I remember being younger and never noticed. Once I got older it became a joke that was funny but still never taken serious and then out of nowhere outrage was there for a childhood show. Maybe I was oblivious because it seems as though they switched around the nationalities for rangers in the second season with Aisha and Adam due to this whole race thing but knowing Saban he would've never changed out the cast even with the quasi-outrage if it wasn't for the payment discrepancies with Walter Jones, Thuy Trang and Austin St. John. I honestly don't know why people ever took that whole race thing in this show serious. Adults trying to corrupt kids imaginations...

Last edited:
again..

if youre using the MMPR title, original suits, original names they should atleast be similar to the og nationalities.

nothing against other races but its a slap in the face to us fans who grew up with that series.

they should just change the names..

because people are super senstive these days and want to complain just to complain...

did Red ranger mean red neck???

so stupid..

Is Blue the color for all nerds everywhere....
is pink the color for all valley girls?

MMPR was a big part of my life. I mean power ranger themed birthday parties, breaking bones and furniture items acting out beating up puddies, being mad because I put megazord stickers in the wrong place because I read the directions wrong...

My yellow ranger will always be Asian, My black ranger will always have a box cut that turns into dreads, my pink ranger will always be a superficial valley girl.

**** saban

MMPR was a big part of my life. I mean power ranger themed birthday parties, breaking bones and furniture items acting out beating up puddies, being mad because I put megazord stickers in the wrong place because I read the directions wrong...

My yellow ranger will always be Asian, My black ranger will always have a box cut that turns into dreads, my pink ranger will always be a superficial valley girl.

**** saban

I've had a childhood like yours

I'm not stuck on skin color like you are though lol

we live in a world where people are offended by the color of power rangers 20 years ago 
laugh.gif

foh.

I don't feel like anyone here is offended but more so disappointed in how they are going about things. All they have to do is just change the names of the characters. If you are going for the OG version, then you should leave certain things as they were. Imagine if Nike decided to drop OG 1's but completed redesigned it and stil left the name as Jordan 1's.

I don't feel like anyone here is offended but more so disappointed in how they are going about things. All they have to do is just change the names of the characters. If you are going for the OG version, then you should leave certain things as they were. Imagine if Nike decided to drop OG 1's but completed redesigned it and stil left the name as Jordan 1's.
i didnt direct that at anyone here per say.

i just find it ridiculous that there are people out there in general that would be offended by a coincidence about their colors.

its not like they made them inferior to the other rangers.  

Last edited:

I kinda feel what you're saying. People are more complex than shoes though and are not defined by just exterior aesthetics.

I think we need to just wait until the movie comes out to see whether or not the new actors fail to embody the spirits of the og characters. If people are disgusted with the movie still, then at least it's about their performance and not the color of their skin.

did Red ranger mean red neck???

so stupid..

see now youre going overboard.

were talking about authenticity of the MMPR franchise not racism.

like homie said above, thats like a pair of foam one releasing with a check and still being called a foam one. :smh:

I mean did people really take the whole black guy/ black ranger, Asian girl/yellow ranger thing too seriously? I remember being younger and never noticed. Once I got older it became a joke that was funny but still never taken serious and then out of nowhere outrage was there for a childhood show. Maybe I was oblivious because it seems as though they switched around the nationalities for rangers in the second season with Aisha and Adam due to this whole race thing but knowing Saban he would've never changed out the cast even with the quasi-outrage if it wasn't for the payment discrepancies with Walter Jones, Thuy Trang and Austin St. John. I honestly don't know why people ever took that whole race thing in this show serious. Adults trying to corrupt kids imaginations...
Anybody growing up with the show was oblivious. Myself included. I totally understand ppl older seeing the discrimination in it. I don't know how much outrage there was at a the for a children's show though.

It's like in comics where all black superheroes and villains had to have the word "black" in their name even if it didn't make sense; Black Racer, Black Eagle, Black Lightning, Black Vulcan, Blackwing, Black Talon, etc. They wouldn't even switch it up and put "Night" in their name :lol: :smh:

Think about this with another show, growing up not many took offense to how ******* black Mr. Popo was in DBZ and he was the only black character in the whole show until Uub showed up and by then we were all old enough to know it was pretty offensive.

see now youre going overboard.

were talking about authenticity of the MMPR franchise not racism.

like homie said above, thats like a pair of foam one releasing with a check and still being called a foam one. :smh:
Thats what im saying too. Its dumb to be mad about anything

They've got a power and a force
that you've never seen before.
They've got the ability to morph
and to even up the score.
No one can ever take them down
the power lies on their side.

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

They know the fate of the world is lying in their hands.
They know to only use their weapons for defense.
No one will ever take them down,
the power lies on their side.

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
You Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

No one can ever take them down
The power lies on their side

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
You Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers

Just let me get a teaser trailer to get me hyped for this film.

I recently watched the newest Power Rangers series and it was alright...Seems like they don't import as much footage from the japanese shows...

I just hope the movie's production quality is really good

I think they do still import plenty of footage, it's just that technology has caught up and they're filming both in HD now so it's more difficult to tell apart. I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom