Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

Now I'm curious about the transformations.

The sartorial update may look radical, but the outfits are visual throwbacks to the franchise’s long-running mythology. “The show was about kids coming of age, about metamorphosis,” director Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) says. “These suits needed to feel like they were catalyzed by these kids and their energy, their spirit.”

The spandex-free makeover also helps set the film apart from other big-screen franchises. “It’s tricky finding a new language for a superhero costume,” production designer Andrew Menzies (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) admits. “Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made. You can’t win everyone over, but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans.”

Fans like the Yellow Ranger herself. “It’s the coolest costume ever,” Becky G says. “I’m gonna wear it for Halloween for, like, five years.”

'Appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans'

:x

Cmon, b! The only thing I wanted was for this to be light hearted and fun!

If they take away the fun factor :x :x :x

Now I'm curious about the transformations.

The sartorial update may look radical, but the outfits are visual throwbacks to the franchise’s long-running mythology. “The show was about kids coming of age, about metamorphosis,” director Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) says. “These suits needed to feel like they were catalyzed by these kids and their energy, their spirit.”

The spandex-free makeover also helps set the film apart from other big-screen franchises. “It’s tricky finding a new language for a superhero costume,” production designer Andrew Menzies (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) admits. “Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made. You can’t win everyone over, but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans.”

Fans like the Yellow Ranger herself. “It’s the coolest costume ever,” Becky G says. “I’m gonna wear it for Halloween for, like, five years.”

I'm getting something like a Bleeding Edge armor transformation-vibe from that.

Well I was about to say, I'm hoping the transformations is more Iron Man - sequence than Venom symbiote-esque

The Venom symbiote was what I first pictured when they mentioned the suits growing on them.

Last edited:
That earlier picture of Green Rita definitely is a broken down version of the Green Ranger suit :smokin

giphy.gif

Suits aren't terrible but not liking the glowing chest piece. The red ranger's helmet looks the most like a dinosaur. Didn't the OG version have to do with dinosaurs and not really aliens.

I mean the first MMPR movie did away w/ the spandex and still kept it trill, the whole Iron Man, Cyborg Cyrax fit aint rockin but it could be the lighting in the photo.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Suits aren't terrible but not liking the glowing chest piece. The red ranger's helmet looks the most like a dinosaur. Didn't the OG version have to do with dinosaurs and not really aliens.

Well...if you're copying iron man you might as well go all out.

Wait, but all the suits weren't man-made. They morphed into their ranger suits lol.

I had a feeling the new suits were going to a more futuristic alien-type suit...I have no issues with it, except for the electricity viens through out the suit.

Oh, and I loved Guyver!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom