Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

Alpha 5 was always comic relief. I feel like some of y'all didn't really watch the show back in the day.
Lol Bruh I watched the show. In fact that's probably why I can't picture Hader as Alpha 5. Although I don't really know dude for his impressions. It might work. 

So why did you ask if Alpha 5 was gonna be comic relief? :lol:

If you don't know Hader for his impressions what do you know him from? That's basically all he did on SNL and all the movies he's been in are mostly comedies where he is doing a different voice.

Plus it's just going to be his voice, no?

I doubt they actually put him in the robot suit just for the hell of it.

They'll probably even auto-tune his voice in some way or something so I don't really think this casting is too much of a big deal.

Bruh, imagine Hader in a suit... :rofl:

I'm sure they'll use his voice and tweak it like what he did with BB8.

Last edited:
Why does Billy gotta pose like that?! lol

That picture is the new Oh hey, there
wildin, he on his
lionel-richie-you-are.jpg

steeze

So why did you ask if Alpha 5 was gonna be comic relief? :lol:

If you don't know Hader for his impressions what do you know him from? That's basically all he did on SNL and all the movies he's been in are mostly comedies where he is doing a different voice.

More of a rhetorical question. I didn't see any of his stuff on SNL. Most movies I've seen of his are where he's just a regular guy like in Forgetting Sarah Marshal. Hilarious guy, just don't know him for his voice acting or impressions.

Honestly I figured they'd make Alpha 5 more serious and have Billy be the comic relief. They always have the black guy in these type of movies be the comic relief.

Both can be. Cuz Billy is actually on the team while Alpha is in the command room panicking.

In what version of the show has Alpha 5 ever been serious? :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:
Both can be. Cuz Billy is actually on the team while Alpha is in the command room panicking.

This is a Hollywood reboot of a TV show... Not exactly will everything be exactly how it was on the show. Alpha 5 being more of a goofy character is sticking to what we know. Which is a good thing. Billy wasn't black nor was Zack Asian. It's not a stretch to think they might have considered changing key components to other characters such as Alpha 5. However, casting a comedian for him is again, cool because he was a ridiculous character in the original TV show.

Last edited:
I remember getting the movie falcon zord a few weeks before the film came out and it came with a booklet with all the action figures and zords that were for the movie. When I saw that ninja zord and saw that you could attach the falcon zord to it my mom and dad were attacked for a week straight.

Got that bad boy about a month later :nthat:

But

Shogun zord > Ninja zord

Hard to believe those visual effects are still so stunning after all these years!!
:lol:

This is a Hollywood reboot of a TV show... Not exactly will everything be exactly how it was on the show. Alpha 5 being more of a goofy character is sticking to what we know. Which is a good thing. Billy wasn't black nor was Zack Asian. It's not a stretch to think they might have considered changing key components to other characters such as Alpha 5. However, casting a comedian for him is again, cool because he was a ridiculous character in the original TV show.
No this is not a Hollywood reboot.

This is another micromanaged Power Rangers movie ran by Saban making use of the blockbuster franchise wave and better advancements in cgi.

As for what you're talking about all they did was swap around ethnicities and skin color for the reboot. The cast is still diverse like the OG. Not seeing what is there to be concerned about or why you think there will be radical or "Hollywood" changes.

What most fans in here are worried about is that this **** will be lame based off the look of several things. Not that Alpha 5 is gonna be a serious character.

Last edited:
Weren't they suppose to have darker tones about their personaliies or was that a rumor? I remember reading that in here somewhere about one of the rangers having a drug addiction lol.

Weren't they suppose to have darker tones about their personaliies or was that a rumor? I remember reading that in here somewhere about one of the rangers having a drug addiction lol.
News to me :rofl:

Definitely sounds like a rumor. That **** is mad dark.

News to me :rofl:

Definitely sounds like a rumor. That **** is mad dark.

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere in this thread sometime ago. Probably was just a rumor. Reason why I was skeptical. Haven't kept up with the thread much since.

Back
Top Bottom