Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

POWER RANGERS Plot And Character Details Revealed In New Report

The report reveals that the film's main villain, Rita Repulsa (Elizabeth Banks) is a 65 million-year-old former Green Ranger gone rogue, confirming fan theories in relation to the character possessing a green Power Coin. Of course, it wouldn't be a Power Rangers film without a giant adversary threatening to destroy the world, and that monster will be Goldar, who was a warrior of Rita's in the original series.

Goldar's molecular essence is scattered around the globe after he was vaporized into a cloud of microscopic gold particles in the opening action sequence on Ancient Earth. Rita Repulsa collects gold to resurrect Goldar... and the Rangers have just 71 hours to stop her.

The classic expendable "Putties" will also square off against the Rangers in a scene where Rita steals gold from the Central Bank of Russia to resurrect Goldar. Once reconstituted, Goldar's ultimate purpose is to steal the powerful Zeo Crystal, which the monster was originally created to do before being vaporized at the beginning of the film. Rita plans to deliver the crystal to Lord Zedd.

The Zeo Crystal is an artifact that channels the Morphing Grid -- a dimension that weaves through all things and what gives the "Power Rangers" their power. The crystal was hidden on Earth to keep it out of the hands of those who would use it as a weapon. The Zeo Crystal is protected by a force field. Anything that comes in contact with it is vaporized. Goldar was created with a single purpose -- to penetrate the force field and steal the crystal. Rita Repulsa has been trying to deliver the Zeo Crystal to her master, Lord Zedd, for a long time. It would make quite a statement, as he burned half his face off trying to steal it himself.

The site also reveals that Bryan Cranston's Zordon will be reinterpreted as the original Red Ranger from millions of years ago, before being transformed into his energy-like state, and that Bill Hader's Alpha 5 is a robot with a supple metallic body and is able to mutate into different designs to maximize his role.

^ I can confirm that report. However, I don't remember any mention of Lord Zed though.

Eff it. I'll type out my general thoughts on the flick later.

Last edited:
Excellent information. I'm pumped.

Zeo Go, Zeo

Stronger than before
Go, Zeo!
Powered up for more
Go, Zeo!
Rangers at the core
Zeo Power Rangers!

Higher they can soar
Go, Zeo!
Fired up for more
Go, Zeo!
Even up the score!
Zeo! Zeo!

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers

Zeo Power Rangers

Yep, got pitchforks and torches. On the way to Haim Saban's address as we speak. Alpha 5 ladies and gentlemen

alpha-new-1jpg-5659b2_610w.jpg

:rofl: This is just ridiculous.

Excellent information. I'm pumped.

Zeo Go, Zeo

Stronger than before
Go, Zeo!
Powered up for more
Go, Zeo!
Rangers at the core
Zeo Power Rangers!

Higher they can soar
Go, Zeo!
Fired up for more
Go, Zeo!
Even up the score!
Zeo! Zeo!

Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers
Go Go Power Rangers

Zeo Power Rangers

Lowkey one of my favorite opening themes

View media item 2267854im wondering if theres a reason why he looks like the Megazords doppelganger. he looks like they just melted gold on him. i hope this is just the cheap toy version and he has more color/design to him because the build-a-zord looks better than the cheap zord as well.

The redesigns haven't been as bad as most of you guys make it out to be.

Keep your mind open.

I'm fairly sure you'll enjoy the movie :smile:

View media item 2267854im wondering if theres a reason why he looks like the Megazords doppelganger. he looks like they just melted gold on him. i hope this is just the cheap toy version and he has more color/design to him because the build-a-zord looks better than the cheap zord as well.

So Goldar was the definitely something I'm still kinda ehh about.

So Rita spends a good chunk of the movie jacking gold from various people/places.

And when this dude finally forms, its a big monster with no mouth, so no dialogue. He's not a henchman or right hand like in the show, its like how every movie villain has plans for a superweapon, Goldar is it.
He looks better on film, a lot of details to him. Minus the wings, he doesn't really look like the Megazord.

She wants to use him as a tool for destruction, but mainly to help dig for the Zeo Crystals (which we don't even get to really see) which are buried under a hilarious place (atleast I found it funny...you'll see).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom