Mike Vick Sentenced to 23 Months in Prison

Originally Posted by SHUGES

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I don't agree with the dog-fighting. And I'm not saying Mike deserves a free pass.

But I honestly hope that the lot of you who are being super-critical, live perfect lives. Never stole ANYTHING ever in your lives (downloading music/movies illegally included). Always helped stray dogs. Never disrespected your parents or elders. Own your guns LEGALLY. Never broke ANY law for that matter. Etc.

Throwing stones in glass houses the lot of you.
So because I'm not a little angel I can't be critical of someone who killed dogs? Last time i checked I didn't fund a dog fightingcircuit or kill dogs, so I feel like I can judge someone who does do it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

[jay z]when you used to filet mignon its kind of hard to go back to hamburger helper[/jay z]

Michael Vick put himself in this situation. All you people talking about "His career is over because of some dogs" are absolutely 100% wrong. You cannot justify that sentence with ANY amount of logic. There's none behind it. Michael Vick's career is over because of his own stupidity. Michael Vick funded the dog fighting and allowed fights to be held on property he owned. Michael Vick, apparently, executed some of the dogs. Michael Vick couldn't get the story on the dog fighting situation straight when he accepted his plea deal. Michael Vick failed a drug test while awaiting his own sentencing, and couldn't get his story straight about how long before the test he had smoked. Michael Vick made the decision to apparently not cooperate to the fullest extent with the Feds, even after he knew the circumstances and accepted his plea.

co-sign x100000.....well put Nowitness
Seriously, that sums up my feelings on the matter

ultra, dmbrhs, I hear you guys.

My comments weren't directed at anyone in particular.

And if you both are living lives that you and others can be proud of, then that's great.

But I just think there's something wrong with the world when people are more concerned with Mike Vick than some of the other world issues we've gotgoing on today.

Some people in here are using their "love" for dogs to hide their "hate" for Vick.

Which I think is really pathetic.

Some people in here are using their "love" for dogs to hide their "hate" for Vick.

Some people are entering race into this situation, which I think is really pathetic.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Some people are entering race into this situation, which I think is really pathetic.
Maybe.

I've said in other threads that Vick is more a victim of fame than race. Race will always play a part to a degree. But in this case, not as big a part asVick's fame.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Maybe.

I've said in other threads that Vick is more a victim of fame than race. Race will always play a part to a degree. But in this case, not as big a part as Vick's fame.

How ironic that famous people get away with stuff all the time because of their wealth and stature in society, and people say it's not fair, yet all ofa sudden it's not fair that Vick is being made an example of because of his fame.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Vick, but it's hard to avoid the subject when ESPN is having daily circle jerks over the whole story.

what's pathetic is that you won't take the blinders off and realize that this world isn't all peachy. race is a factor. you'retelling me that if this was favre or marino we would be so vile towards them? please.

oh well, i have empathy towards others who are in a bad situation. i never wish harm or ill will on anybody. i hope that mike can come out of this situation abetter man. that's all we can hope for. we can talk this topic to death, but the judgment has been levied. 2 years, or 10 months, whatever. let's justhope that he becomes a better man.

what's pathetic is that you won't take the blinders off and realize that this world isn't all peachy. race is a factor. you're telling me that if this was favre or marino we would be so vile towards them?
so your saying if it were Favre or Marino in the EXACT same situation, they would be punished less?????

The idiots supporting him are more pathetic than the man himself.

Free Mike Vick?

Let's forget about Vick for a second. The fluk are we saying as people when we wanted to free convicted felons from prison? Do you realize how stupid youpeople sound?

Like seriously. This sht disgusts me. The stupidity level of the general population of America just baffles me. For the so-called "greatest country in theworld" we sure are pretty stupid. Hell, just look at our Pres.

I mean damn. Is common freaking sense too much to ask for? WTH are you smoking to believe that we should release the type of person who would senselesslymurder helpless animals.

And let's forget about the dogs. You're going to support somebody who lies and deceives the government which sole purpose is to protect, and serve you?Are you F'ing ******ed?

Gimme a friggin break. Seriously.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

what's pathetic is that you won't take the blinders off and realize that this world isn't all peachy. race is a factor. you're telling me that if this was favre or marino we would be so vile towards them? please.

oh well, i have empathy towards others who are in a bad situation. i never wish harm or ill will on anybody. i hope that mike can come out of this situation a better man. that's all we can hope for. we can talk this topic to death, but the judgment has been levied. 2 years, or 10 months, whatever. let's just hope that he becomes a better man.

Race is such a convenient argument, usually brought up by lazy people who can't figure out that some people are just plain bad. Vick messed up. Plainand simple. He broke the law (many laws, actually). Race is not an issue unless you make it an issue.

^^^^^^^^^^^I agree with you 100%, but edit out the cursing. You don't want to be banned

Oh and Shuges I agree about there being bigger issues to solve, but the man broke the law(and then he lied about it) and now he has to pay.

what's pathetic is that you won't take the blinders off and realize that this world isn't all peachy. race is a factor. you're telling me that if this was favre or marino we would be so vile towards them? please.
The world isn't all peaches and lollipops, but that's a cop-out if I've ever seen one...It's so easy and convenient to say Vickgot the sentence he did because he's black, and a white man wouldn't have been held to the same set of rules, but it's not something you canjustify with fact...

FREE MIKE VICK
a million thanks to y.b.d., easily one of my favorite fellow nt'ers.
pimp.gif

but...could you instruct me on how to make that my sig? i'm clueless as to where to go and what to do.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

^^^^^^^^^^^I agree with you 100%, but edit out the cursing. You don't want to be banned

Oh and Shuges I agree about there being bigger issues to solve, but the man broke the law(and then he lied about it) and now he has to pay.

No doubt.

But really, how many of you wouldn't try to lie if you knew a lengthy jail stay was looming?
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is that if I heard Sohi 23 or ska or dmbrhs or whoever did the same thing Vick did and was getting as much pub over it as Mike is, thenI'd be saying similar things.

Of course, you guys aren't famous athletes. But I'd have the same type of sympathy. It's like... people should let it go already. Duke gotconvicted, will serve his time, and people STILL acting like when he comes out he shouldn't be allowed to play again. I mean damn, son's career ispractically OVER and yet it's still not enough for some of you.

I guess I'm taking exception to/with those who delight in other's torment.

It's always cool to kick someone while they are down until it's someone YOU know or are related to.
laugh.gif

Part of me understands why some of you are mad/being critical. But the other part is like
ohwell.gif

I'm not jumping for joy over the situation, but I am satisfied with the ruling based on the laws he broke. When you break the law, you get punished.

It's the "Free Michael Vick" crowd that is puzzling to me. The guy clearly committed a heinous crime and yet there are people who want himactually free? That doesn't even make sense.

It would make more sense if you had a t-shirt that read "Less Time for Vick," but it's not a powerful statement, or nearly as ridiculous andattention-*$$+*-ish as "Free Michael Vick."

Originally Posted by Spotti3otti3dopaliscious

And let's forget about the dogs. You're going to support somebody who lies and deceives the government which sole purpose is to protect, and serve you? Are you F'ing ******ed?

Gimme a friggin break. Seriously.

The government lies and deceives the people. And we pay them to do it.

Ain't **** just about the justice system in this country. And be real, for a lot of ya'll, if blacks aren't entertaining you, you don't give ashii about us. I often wonder why its so easy for others to dismiss the claims of someone black about social issues that they face. Anyone having suspicionsabout how race may have affected the handling of this case from the media to the public and ultimately the sentencing is not automatically wrong. Judging bythe history of this country, its not a stretch by any means.

That said, this is not an apology for Vick. He was dumb as hell. He gave the system the opportunity to decide his fate. And the people around him are evenworse. If only to make sure they keep getting money, they should've made sure Vick had nothing to do with that ****.

The sad part is Vick is a victim of his upbringing and ultimately a victim of his own celebrity and the sense of invicibility that comes along with it. Moneydoes not absolve or dismiss one's ills, it enhances them.

Let's hope he lives a better, smarter life once he's released.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

No doubt.

But really, how many of you wouldn't try to lie if you knew a lengthy jail stay was looming?
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is that if I heard Sohi 23 or ska or dmbrhs or whoever did the same thing Vick did and was getting as much pub over it as Mike is, then I'd be saying similar things.

Of course, you guys aren't famous athletes. But I'd have the same type of sympathy. It's like... people should let it go already. Duke got convicted, will serve his time, and people STILL acting like when he comes out he shouldn't be allowed to play again. I mean damn, son's career is practically OVER and yet it's still not enough for some of you.

I guess I'm taking exception to/with those who delight in other's torment.

It's always cool to kick someone while they are down until it's someone YOU know or are related to.
laugh.gif

Part of me understands why some of you are mad/being critical. But the other part is like
ohwell.gif
I see where you are coming from. I do believe that if it was average Joe who got arrested, it would be less time than Vick got.
I understand where you are coming from Shuges, but it baffles me how people can run around screaming free Mike Vick.
But maybe it's just me

I do believe that if it was average Joe who got arrested, it would be less time than Vick got.

Famous people get off easy all the time due to their stature, wealth and connections. So I don't see how an Average Joe would have received less time.The feds have strict sentencing guidelines, unlike local court systems where judges like to legislate from the bench.

And my question for the "Free Mike Vick" crowd: on what grounds should he be freed?

If you're going to post around spouting "Free Vick" and making it your sig, you should probably have a legitimate reason why he should befreed. If you don't have a legitimate legal argument for why he should be freed, then you're just kidding yourselves and I feel sad for you.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I do believe that if it was average Joe who got arrested, it would be less time than Vick got.

Famous people get off easy all the time due to their stature, wealth and connections. So I don't see how an Average Joe would have received less time. The feds have strict sentencing guidelines, unlike local court systems where judges like to legislate from the bench.

And my question for the "Free Mike Vick" crowd: on what grounds should he be freed?

If you're going to post around spouting "Free Vick" and making it your sig, you should probably have a legitimate reason why he should be freed. If you don't have a legitimate legal argument for why he should be freed, then you're just kidding yourselves and I feel sad for you.

It's just the cool thing to say nowadays. Free the Jena 6!!!!!!!! Free Sean Taylor's killers!!!!!!! Free Mike Vick!!!!!!!!

His football career is over. He is a superb athlete but a mediocre quarterback. His skills are only going to get worse if he goes to jail, he can stay fit withweights and whatnot, but staying away from a coaching staff and a top notch facility is going to get the best of him.

Race is such a convenient argument, usually brought up by lazy people who can't figure out that some people are just plain bad. Vick messed up. Plain and simple. He broke the law (many laws, actually). Race is not an issue unless you make it an issue.
The world isn't all peaches and lollipops, but that's a cop-out if I've ever seen one...It's so easy and convenient to say Vick got the sentence he did because he's black, and a white man wouldn't have been held to the same set of rules, but it's not something you can justify with fact...
i never said anything about the sentence or the law. i wrote the word 'we'. there is no way this thread would be so vile if this was danmarino or brett favre. this thread would be filled with 'i hope he comes out a better man'. instead, it's filled with 'he should be put awaylonger.'

i KNOW you can see that, because it is the truth. like it or not, living in america, race is damn near always an issue. a Black man with cornrows, not cleancut, who fights dogs? you're telling me he has a chance against the clean cut White guy? not in this world. not with this media. i'm sorry. that'slife.

He gave the system the opportunity to decide his fate.

The sad part is Vick is a victim of his upbringing and ultimately a victim of his own celebrity and the sense of invicibility that comes along with it. Money does not absolve or dismiss one's ills, it enhances them.

Let's hope he lives a better, smarter life once he's released.
i agree.

Back
Top Bottom