Minivans are Masculinity Killers No?

I have twin toddlers. My wife and I fought it and fought it. Then we "caved in" and got a Honda Odyssey. Best decision we made in terms of transportation. Of course we have more than one car though...

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

I have twin toddlers. My wife and I fought it and fought it. Then we "caved in" and got a Honda Odyssey. Best decision we made in terms of transportation. Of course we have more than one car though...

Congrats.  What year and model did you guys get?  I'm feeling the 07-10 body type, but the touring is kinda $$$$

Originally Posted by Aquatic Barefoot

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Well I know some people still don't like the way some SUV's (espcially the truck based platform one) drive.  Higher center of gravity and a generally rougher ride are a turn off for people who are concerned with safety and comfort.  Though I see where you are comming from OP, I dissagree.  I think more and more people are driving minivans because they are highly versatile, safe, and affordable.

As for the bio diesel excursion...

Yes?

not sure if srs

Dead serious... why not?... seats 7-9 comfortably, has plenty of room for casual shopping or furniture shopping... the things never break down, and if they do its F Series parts, the best selling vehicle in the world... they're cheapish to buy right now... they're huge so odds are you'll win the fight in an accident... restaurants give away used oil all the time, you can pick it up in the truck... and it'll smell like French fries which will make the kids happy...

EFF a Maserati...I pull up in a mini van swaggin like a mommy
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yes?

not sure if srs

Dead serious... why not?... seats 7-9 comfortably, has plenty of room for casual shopping or furniture shopping... the things never break down, and if they do its F Series parts, the best selling vehicle in the world... they're cheapish to buy right now... they're huge so odds are you'll win the fight in an accident... restaurants give away used oil all the time, you can pick it up in the truck... and it'll smell like French fries which will make the kids happy...
Touche' my fellow NT'er.  

Do you know anyone who's done this?  What's does the cost look like?

not sure if srs

Touche' my fellow NT'er.  

Do you know anyone who's done this?  What's does the cost look like?

Used to live in a hippie commune in Vermont... nothing but mid 80's Bio desiel Volvo wagons in primer grey and early-mid 90's Bio desiel pick ups... all with well 250k miles... not sure on price but I think it's around G for the conversion and "lab" setup...

If my wife and I have a third child then I will definitely be purchasing a minivan.
When you become a parent, it's not about you anymore, it's about the kids.
This "hanging onto masculinity" through a car is nothing but selfishness on the parents part.

Did I ever mention how much I hate drivers of Minivans? For such a safety vehicle 75% of the drivers are reckless.

Originally Posted by breakin necks

you guys are too worried about what other people think about you.. that kills your masculinity, if you like minivans and they work for you who cares?

this.

Originally Posted by H Connect

It's easy to say things like this, until you are a parent (and have another on the way).  Tell me how you're going to tote:

-A Stoller
-Change of clothes
-Baby Bag
-Extra Diapers, Bottles, Snacks, children's favorite toy(s)

in a sedan?  Alot of these SUV's don't nearly have as much cu.ft. of storage or passanger room as even your basic minivan (I push a '99 maxima by the way.  A father of a 20 month old, with another on the way).  I used to have an '06 murano a few months ago, but it was getting crowded with just my wife and son in there. 

You can say what you want, but if you have more than 1 child, it's going to be pretty tight without a mini van.  I'm thinking of a Siena or Oddesey when #2 comes along

And about the Cayenne, if you doing it like that, hey do you.

I currently drive a Tahoe and I have no children...but I'm damn sure I could fit everything you just stated in there with 2 kids with ease and extra room. If I couldn't I'd upgrade to a larger SUV.  I understand that when it comes to families not everything is planned to a T, however I'd be damned if I was going to have more children if gas/mileage was an issue
laugh.gif
you have no idea what you talking about because you are single... i have 2 kids both are older now.. but trust you have never tried to put a car seat in a higher vehicle, picking up a stroller into a higher vehicle and also is your kid is a toddler you have to help them up or down because its hard for them to climb in and out... the tahoe's that i have seen, 3rd row seats dont fold flat so there is less room.. everything in a minivan is light at touch, easy to use and at waist height..
hands full?.. automatic sliding doors.. i have a MDX and a TL.. MDX needed some work, so i had a minivan rental  speaking from both sides life was a lot easier in a minivan with kids... i really thought about getting a odyssey, but wifey wanted to the MDX and i wasnt gonna drive one without having some type of sporty car... MDX and a odyssey is a little OD..... sorry for the rant...
laugh.gif
these look sick though..
25560150003_large.jpg

26879220006_large.jpg

Funny this thread came up... I was just thinking this earlier today, I remember when I was young, I wondered why my dad bought a mini-van instead of a fast/cool car.

I remember asking him "Hey dad, what's the most manliest car in the world?" (weird question, I know)

He says "It's parked in our garage.... a real man drives a vehicle that his family can fit in, not just himself!"

I never understood it back then, but now I do.
pimp.gif

Plymouth_Voyager_1992.jpg

my first whip in HS (not my pic) aka. the Hot Box
pimp.gif

my gf at the time didnt mind.

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

You've got serious problems if you think a minivan is a "masculinity killer." If you have 3+ kids I'm sure you'll have at least two vehicles, be practical. 

I tend to agree.

I never understood why you need a minivan unless you have 3+ kids? A sedan can fit two kids no problem, foldable stroller.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Did I ever mention how much I hate drivers of Minivans? For such a safety vehicle 75% of the drivers are reckless.

Now I can agree on this
laugh.gif
. A lot of disgruntled minivan drivers in my city.

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Now I can agree on this
laugh.gif
. A lot of disgruntled minivan drivers in my city.
laugh.gif
exactly...because they got neutered when their wife made them purchase it...

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

I never understood why you need a minivan unless you have 3+ kids? A sedan can fit two kids no problem, foldable stroller.
u got kids?

dudes talking about car seats and strollers etc. I get that minivans have removable seats and you can slide a door with a touch of a button...but in all honesty how much more difficult is it to throw a stroller or a car seat in an SUV? I've full on moved furniture, fishing/camping gear, anything and everything in the garden department of Lowes, etc in my SUV with relative ease and plenty of space...I don't see how 2 kids and a few strollers would be any different honestly.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

2010-bmw-x6-m-img02_gallery_image_large.jpg

Listen... I love BMW and more specificly M cars... but this is the most redundant "car" ever made... it seats 4, doesn't do any off-roading at all, has little trunk room, will break your back on a speed bump, has a weird center of gravity, and they decided to give iT 555 HP... I just don't get it ... I'm all for flashy, expensive, and fast, but give the car some sorta purpose...

Back
Top Bottom